by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 08:50:00 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • P7NAC Road America: July 05, 2012
July 05, 2012, 08:41:03 PM +0100 - Road America (Full) - UKPnG Version 2 Season 7 North American Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Mustang Gr5 (#68090) P&G Group 5 1 2:44.363
88.557mph
1 49:35.754
88.045mph
18 2:43.000
89.298mph
Dunlop  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ford Mustang Gr5 (#68091) P&G Group 5 2 +0.394
88.346mph
2 +27.177
87.248mph
18 2:44.477
88.496mph
Dunlop  
Alex vV
 Gentlemen Drivers Club
Ford Falcon (#67050) P&G Group 5 3 +3.813
86.550mph
3 +53.478
86.491mph
18 2:45.755
87.814mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ford Falcon (#68090) P&G Group 5 4 +6.395
85.241mph
4 +5L 13 2:50.283
85.479mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Mustang Gr5 (#68091) P&G Group 5 5 +9.997
83.480mph
5 +7L 11 2:51.703
84.772mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKPnG Season 7 North American Cup - Road America (Full) - Jul 5  (Read 5700 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:50:19 PM +0000 »

Problems connecting to the Lobby? Download this

Practice: 19:20 (UK London) (60 mins)
Qual 2: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (18 laps)
Cars allowed: Drivers occupying Rank 1 to 7 - Ford Mustang NTK or Ford Falcon Sprint
                     Drivers occupying Rank 8 to 14 - The cars above plus Ford Mustang BSCC or Ford Falcon Mann
                     Drivers occupying Rank 15 to 21 - Any of the above plus Ford Mustang ATCC or Ford Falcon Weslake Heads
                     New Drivers - Any of the above

Maximum of 9 drives per make (Falcon/Mustang). Check your status here

Track: Road America V1.0.1.0 Download this

Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing

Tyre wear: 1X
Fuel consumption: 1X
Pit-stops: None required

Server: simracing.org.uk NAC
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Power and Glory v2 from here, 2.1 patch from here and enable terrain patch.
(4) P&G has no 'Pit Speed Limiter' function. You may go as fast as you like in the pits, but please exercise caution. Penalties will be handed out for causing contact in the pit lane. Use your best judgement when making your pitstop during the race.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:49:18 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 08:02:42 AM +0100 »

Hope to make this one.

Did a race at Road America at GC's MuscleCarLeague some time ago, like the track,
but GC's MuscleCars have a complete different handling than the P&G cars  Roll Eyes  Wink

Just learned that I'm in a surprising 7th position in championship   eek so no great car choices for me  whistling
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:08:35 AM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:32:23 PM +0100 »

I've had no time to learn this circuit so tonights praccy will be crucial. Hope P&G lets me in this week.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 02:42:50 PM +0100 »

I won't be able to make this race; the wheather in CPH this thursday is just too damned nice to be sittin' inside. I

........................... and if i should make it back form the café's in time for the race, I'll have had to much to drink anyway :- ))

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 04:56:23 PM +0100 »

I won't be able to make this race; the wheather in CPH this thursday is just too damned nice to be sittin' inside. I

........................... and if i should make it back form the café's in time for the race, I'll have had to much to drink anyway :- ))

Stig

Oh Dear!

It's you and me against the world then Kurt!

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:51:34 PM +0100 »

Replay and results posted

Small grid tonight but I think everyone had a good race? I had a huge lead over Eifel but my mistakes allowed him to close on me. We had a good couple of laps battling each other. Eifel passed me and I span cos of a kerb? THis gave Eifel a 14sec lead but I reckoned I had time to close and challenge him. Then on the very next lap I span again when riding the very same kerb! That's when I quit out.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 10:02:35 PM +0100 »

.................. Eifel passed me and I span cos of a kerb? THis gave Eifel a 14sec lead but I reckoned I had time to close and challenge him. Then on the very next lap I span again when riding the very same kerb! That's when I quit out.

LOL

I did spot some very strange tyre marks during the course of the race.

The second corner was hilarious!  I out braked myself and ran wide and was busy cursing my own stupidity when I looked in the mirror to see that everybody else was on the grass as well!

Matt soon caught and passed me and I spent the rest of the race with my chin on the tank hallucinating that I could see Matt in a sand trap ahead!  Sadly they all turned out to be something else.

When Matt passed me, he was able to do it very easily because I hadn't realised that his Mustang was fitted with brakes!!!!

Grats to Matt and well done to Alex on a good drive.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 07:56:57 AM +0100 »

No time for practicing and no suitable setup - but much better than expected  Smiley

Some nice laps with Tony. After he quit I lost control over the game due to a well known forced
software update (forgot to disable that function when I reinstalled my PC  Roll Eyes ) just before Turn 5
but obviously found an abbreviation without crashing because I ended up just before the bridge
at Turn 13  Huh when I regained control  Grin .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Road_America.svg
I completed the lap which unfortunately didn't count
so I would have turned around the complete course one more time. That let me loose motivation
and I destroyed the car intentionally and left the game  Cool .

Like this track!

Cu next week, guys.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:01:06 AM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 08:19:44 AM +0100 »

Unofficial LapChart

The second corner was hilarious!  I out braked myself and ran wide and was busy cursing my own stupidity when I looked in the mirror to see that everybody else was on the grass as well!
Cheesy Must have been silly looking from the outside the track. All caught out by heavy fuelloads and cold tyres I guess. I made the rookie mistake to look at your car instead of the track  Tongue
Your plan almost worked there, WT!

Track was really technical, perhaps more suitable for European style race cars. Can't imagine they run Nascar on this track....
I was struggling with the braking points because  I had to brake sooooo early to make the sharp corners. Caught me out one or twice.

Grats to Matt and well done to Alex on a good drive.
Thanks but must admit I was helped by the fact that I could choose the Mann and let loose the horses on the straights.
Had some idle hopes I could follow you around but to was not to be.
Congrats to Matt for victory and pody....hey, that includes me!  Grin 

Now where did I leave that bottle of Champagne?

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 10:49:15 AM +0100 »

You can tell when there is something wrong at UKGTL when I win two races in a row......  Shocked

Was a good track and fun cars, I know the track fairly well from UKGTR2 races, and ICR2 err and NASCAR2 etc
Languishing down in 9th in the championship I could take the BSCC so did, and it was a bit unfair
Clive did some storming laps in Qual, I ran qual with race fuel as usual and managed to just get pole
When CLive went off into T2 I (not making this up honest your honour) went wide to wait for him to
get back on, didn;t want to pass so early in the race because someone fell off, and then got thumped
by someone while I tried to stay out of the way  Shocked No matter, rejoined last I think then passed people as they fell
off, caught Clive and made a pass into the tight left before carousel, can't remember the brakes on the NTK
but mine seemed better  Cheesy was concerned that I might run wide and shove Clive, but he gave room
and I stayed tight enough so it worked well.

Where was everyone? it's a longggggg track for only 5 people. Huh

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 10:25:31 AM +0100 »

.............Clive did some storming laps in Qual,

Just think what a shock it was for me!!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com