by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 03:31:53 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • P7NAC Bridgehampton: August 16, 2012
August 16, 2012, 08:48:28 PM +0100 - Bridgehampton - UKPnG Version 2 Season 7 North American Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
johnw
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ford Falcon (#68090) P&G Group 5 1 1:48.438
94.540mph
1 11 1:48.597
94.401mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Team Oldie Racing
Ford Mustang Gr5 (#68090) P&G Group 5 2 +1.808
92.989mph
2 11 1:48.319
94.644mph
unknown
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Falcon (#67050) P&G Group 5 3 +9L 2 1:51.692
91.785mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKPnG Season 7 North American Cup - Bridgehampton - Aug 16  (Read 9624 times)
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 07:02:51 AM +0100 »

We could join via the ip address if you were to furnish it but that would call for everyone to read this thread and follow instructions.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 08:54:47 AM +0100 »

If I cannot connect to the lobby when I reset the server tonight I will post here that the event is cancelled and will be removed from the calender.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 09:22:07 AM +0100 »

There's always the chance to put the server in the Pilsbierbude Lobby Tony. If you change the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT" you can put your server in the Pils lobby. This is the new address: 91.121.102.7
Remember to save the file.

Obviously who wants to race this evening should do the same. Last time that the simbin lobby was offline, we used the Pils lobby to do a fun race with GTR2, and it worked perfectly with H@l, and other 5 or 6 people.

When the Simbin lobby will be restored, it's enough to re-install the last Simbin lobby patch, and you will be able to join the simbin lobby again. Nothing difficult Smiley

You decide Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 01:14:09 PM +0100 »

Just not convinced it's worth the faff for what is possible just one event  Undecided

Tell me if I'm wrong

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:14 PM +0100 »

It depends on what you consider a faff Tony  Wink

It's a solution that takes probably less than 3 mins for a novice PC user to be adopted, and 5 seconds to restore the old file when the simbin lobby will be online again.

If you want to try it, it's enough to make a fast tip for the novice to this procedure, with a more detailed description. I can do it for you... or you can just cancel this race that is the faster solution Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:53 PM +0100 »

Pointing the clients direct to the IP address seems easy enough to me, then there is no
need to worry about lobby changes for just one event. Just my opinion.
Of course, as stated, everyone needs to have read the post, and know how to    Undecided

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 03:51:59 PM +0100 »

I found the old tips when the Simbin lobby died the last time

There are only 2 simple steps to do:
1) Open the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT", and cancel the original text. In place of the original lobby address, just write "91.121.102.7",  save the file and close it. If you were already registered on the Pilsbierbude lobby, you won't need to do the point 2 or 3 Wink. Otherwise...

... 2) Before to join the lobby, you have to do a new registration with the same Username/password that you used til now. You can use even a fancy e-mail. That's all. You will now able to join the lobby.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3) If you forgot your old User/password, you can do a new User, and make a new lobby registration with fancy User/password/e-mail.

When the Simbin will restore the lobby, it's enough to download the Simbin lobby patch and install it again in your GTR2/P&G main folder. Link =>http://www.vdalliance.com/Download%20file/GTR2%20Patch%20Lobby.exe
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:54:39 PM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 05:14:15 PM +0100 »

Pointing the clients direct to the IP address seems easy enough to me, then there is no
need to worry about lobby changes for just one event. Just my opinion.
Of course, as stated, everyone needs to have read the post, and know how to    Undecided

Unluckily with IP address you have still to login to lobby before connect to the server.
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 06:07:14 PM +0100 »

Is the race still on?

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 07:05:11 PM +0100 »

The Simbin lobby is still down.

I have set our server to point to the Pilsbierbude lobby.

So those who wish to, can follow the instructions above and race tonight.

I will be giving it a miss.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 07:22:59 PM +0100 »

Changed the text file as instructed but it doesn't do anything.

I give in.

See you next week

johnw

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 07:25:05 PM +0100 »

Have done as Matteo said, and it worked  Smiley  I had to re-register under a different name, but after that it was fine.

When you say it doesn't do anything - You must get an error message when you try to connect, surely?
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 08:04:20 PM +0100 »

I guess it was a bit late when I introduced this solution, so if a lot of people have to give up the race, I think it would be better to consider it only a fun event. I've no interests about the general classment, but for somebody it could be a damage, and it won't be fair in any case.

At the moment seems that only me and John are ready for this race, and I did no laps at the moment, even if I know this circuit...
So, are you leaving us alone?!? Face to face?  Grin Grin Grin

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 08:16:35 PM +0100 »

I did it no problem, takes seconds
I have a local_ip_back file anyway, so just deleted the entry in the normal one and replaced it with the IP that Matteo gave
when logging in registered as phspok2 without a password and it lets me in fine, actually a lot faster than the
simbin lobby. Come on in guys, the water's lovely  Grin

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06:03 PM +0100 »

Have done as Matteo said, and it worked  Smiley  I had to re-register under a different name, but after that it was fine.

When you say it doesn't do anything - You must get an error message when you try to connect, surely?

Yup.

It said General Error.

I didn't get the chance to register as anything.

What is Pilsbierbude anyway?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com