by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 05:47:42 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L12FIFT Preluk: September 11, 2012
September 11, 2012, 08:42:26 PM +0100 - Preluk - UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Navin R Johnson
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 1 50:37.432
97.248mph
22 2:15.466
99.114mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 2 +1L
91.019mph
21 2:18.826
96.715mph
Dunlop  
Alex vV
 Gentlemen Drivers Club
Ferrari 250 TR (#102) GTC-65 3 +38.522
89.901mph
21 2:24.406
92.978mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#20) GTC-65 3 +10.964
87.434mph
4 +2L
87.263mph
20 2:26.785
91.471mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#33) GTC-65 1 2:22.599
94.156mph
5 +8L 14 2:19.851
96.006mph
suspension
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Jaguar D-Type (#4) GTC-65 2 +4.913
91.020mph
6 +12L 10 2:33.494
87.473mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties - Preluk - Sep 11  (Read 8983 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 09:48:00 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 02:48:48 AM +0100 »

Yes, very embarrassing to still have this problem Embarrassed as I thought finding the update would just be a quick fix as they usually are once you've found out you've missed something. Pelle's problem could be the update? This one> http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36155 As far as my deal I'm kind of out of ideas but this LM55 mod is in my "catch all" GTL install which has a ton on add ons so maybe it's time for a fresh install of GTL for this mod. Especially since it's going to be a mainstay series Cool
Navin, how about I copy you the Jag set off the server?

I guess that would do it for sure as long as something else isn't causing the problem. That said, If we are going to be running these long term I think I might just give the LM55 cars their own install as like I said before currently they are in my oldest "dump all add ons" GTL install and it's got a ton of add ons and I really don't like how it's running lately. Today I got a big loss in frame rate during the race for a lap or two that almost caused me to retire Undecided. It takes forever when first starting it as well. RealGTL install is so rocking fast because it has no other things added on I'm thinking it might be nice to have this one that way too. So thanks for the offer Tony but I really should do myself the favor of a fresh install Wink. I'll get on it this week and once up and running see if you could start up the server for this series and see if I'm all good. At least do a quick try at some point well before the next round so if something isn't right I'll have more than a day to fix it Grin. Cheers
Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 02:56:34 AM +0100 »

I have to give up  Angry
Restart the PC 3 times, download the track again + 1.1 update...the only thing that happens is: CTD Shocked

Arrgghhh Pelle Sad .. We couldn't figure out what happened to you Huh And we never even saw you try and rejoin and then get CTD so thats odd as well Huh. What a bummer man thumbdown
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 09:07:33 AM +0100 »

I have to give up  Angry
Restart the PC 3 times, download the track again + 1.1 update...the only thing that happens is: CTD Shocked

Arrgghhh Pelle Sad .. We couldn't figure out what happened to you Huh And we never even saw you try and rejoin and then get CTD so thats odd as well Huh. What a bummer man thumbdown

Especially maddening when he was with us online, with no probs, before he downloaded the older track.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 09:11:45 AM +0100 »

Yes, very embarrassing to still have this problem Embarrassed as I thought finding the update would just be a quick fix as they usually are once you've found out you've missed something. Pelle's problem could be the update? This one> http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36155 As far as my deal I'm kind of out of ideas but this LM55 mod is in my "catch all" GTL install which has a ton on add ons so maybe it's time for a fresh install of GTL for this mod. Especially since it's going to be a mainstay series Cool
Navin, how about I copy you the Jag set off the server?

I guess that would do it for sure as long as something else isn't causing the problem. That said, If we are going to be running these long term I think I might just give the LM55 cars their own install as like I said before currently they are in my oldest "dump all add ons" GTL install and it's got a ton of add ons and I really don't like how it's running lately. Today I got a big loss in frame rate during the race for a lap or two that almost caused me to retire Undecided. It takes forever when first starting it as well. RealGTL install is so rocking fast because it has no other things added on I'm thinking it might be nice to have this one that way too. So thanks for the offer Tony but I really should do myself the favor of a fresh install Wink. I'll get on it this week and once up and running see if you could start up the server for this series and see if I'm all good. At least do a quick try at some point well before the next round so if something isn't right I'll have more than a day to fix it Grin. Cheers

I've just had a thought  Shocked  Don't do anything on this. I may have thought of the problem but I won't be able to prove until tonight.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 10:13:20 AM +0100 »

What an extraordinary event.
First - Bill and me in the front row of the grid, of course due to several problems
of the faster guys during quali.
At first I thought my quali time was irregular due to some leaning at the hairpin but during
race I was able to improve my PB by another 3 seconds in a proper lap  Wink.
Then - I could establish myself on a comfortable 3rd place and after Matt went to the pits I found
myself suddenly in 2nd place with over 40 seconds in front of Alex although I had to slow a
bit down because I had only fueled for 22 laps awaiting a more usual race at the back of the field
and getting lapped at least once.
Although I had a slight crash with a loose boundary stone which another driver touched - I think
it was Matt before his pitstop - I could continue.
Was already hoping for a finish on the podium, but had to notice a more and more nervous behaviour
of the car on the brakes and throughout the corners. And exactly that killed me - lost control after
the esses on the long straight and crashed into the straw balls made of concrete without any chance
to survive.

Grats to all winners and finishers - love this series more and more.  Cool
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:19:52 AM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 12:46:14 PM +0100 »

Yeah definitely a weird night. Still cannot understand Matt's problems when he was fine last week at Avus  Huh My understanding is that if you cannot see the correct car that someone else is driving it's because you don't have the other drivers car on your PC. But that doesn't explain why one week and not the next?
Anyway my race was rubbish. Just couldn't find the groove although I did settle down mid race when I was all on my own. Well done all the finishers tho, tough drive not to hit the scenery.

BTW I've checked all the future tracks and they all seen to be the same version as is currently available at Altbierbude so we shouldn't need to have any more circuit rev concerns.

See you next time Fifties fans

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 01:47:50 PM +0100 »

Only thing that changed for me was the Merc addon.
When I installed it, and I tried several possible directories - the LM55, the GTC-65 (whatever it said in the info)
My system would CTD everytime I tried to run on line or offline.
When I deleted it, I could join the event, but was getting loading flashing for Alex and Navin.
Navin was showing as a Chevron. After they changed cars, everything was as it had been at Avus
I could join with the Jags, only car I couldn't use was the Merc

I had only installed the Merc addon itself, not the sounds or the SEL:

Get the 300SEL here: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=30775
Also the update here: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=31286

Perhaps If I had also added those it might have worked.
I will have a go later if I get time, but today is packing for hols  Grin

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 08:54:17 PM +0100 »

Yet another wacky beginning before the race and I have to raise my hand for being responsible for all the Jag problems at this race. Tony was able to guess that I might have two different files for the Jaguar and as it turned out I did. The original 1.0 Jag was called "Jaguar type D" and the Jag 1.1 update was called "Jaguar D-Type" and somehow I missed that. Fail 101 Hit with a wet fish. As far as Matt not having problems at Avus wouldn't that be because no one was using a Merc there? A quick look at Matts race attendance shows no Mercs ever run in the races he participated. As far as this race goes I was looking forward to driving the Merc and was hoping for some good battling. With Matts Merc issue I switched to DB2 as this was the only other car I tried before the race. At the start I got a good jump and saw that a couple of guys were leaning abit on each other and it looked like I had a clear hole to get through I think I rubbed shoulders a bit with one of the two cars already in hip check. Although it was light contact I have to apologize for that but a quick look in the mirrors didn't show any cars crashed out or off track so I was glad for that. After turn one I was able to get into a flow very quick and I have to say we ran this race a couple of season ago at GTLDK when we had our LeMans series going were I was in the L88 Vette the whole season and I spent an obnoxious amount of time practicing here because with that Vette and this place it was even more of a challenge then these cars(except maybe for that big Maser!!). Just hit my lines and stayed within the limits of the car and track and brought here home for 1st Grin.

I'd like to dedicate that race to the thousands of people that unwillingly gave their life on this tragic day 11 years ago. Especially the 343 that ran into their death by trying to help save the others... :'(
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 03:00:43 PM +0100 »

Seems there's a lot of problems with different versions of cars in this mod. I've missed the last two races mainly cause it seems to much hassle with all the little updates to this car and to that car. Just something to think about when planning the next season.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 06:40:51 PM +0100 »

Seems there's a lot of problems with different versions of cars in this mod. I've missed the last two races mainly cause it seems to much hassle with all the little updates to this car and to that car. Just something to think about when planning the next season.

Well you should be ashamed of yourself, deliberately depriving yourself of these fantastic cars. Now then, give yourself a jolly good talking too and listen to your old WT. The Jag issue was just a miss-named folder issue, now fixed. The Merc issue was just Matt installing it in the wrong place (we think). Everything else is tickety-boo so stop mopping around, and get downloading.

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 09:31:33 PM +0100 »

Unofficial LapChart

Again a daunting race. Had to switch to the Ferrari 250 Testarossa without turning a wheel with an old Monza setup  Shocked

Hung back at the beginning to find out the handling and tried to learn the car on the job. Guess that's what a lot of drivers also did back then.

For anyone who is in doubt to enter this series, please do so. Cars are great and the engines are LOUD!.
NoGrip installs are not that difficult.

ps Tony, perhaps we should skip the Merc or add the 350 SL (??) add-on ?

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 01:25:07 AM +0100 »

ps Tony, perhaps we should skip the Merc or add the 350 SL (??) add-on ?

Lets wait to see if Matt sorts out his issue first, after he's back from his hols

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com