by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 01:03:00 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L12FIFT Monza: October 02, 2012
October 02, 2012, 08:44:31 PM +0100 - Monza (Full 10km) - UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Alex vV
 Gentlemen Drivers Club
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 1 3:02.629
122.231mph
1 48:56.123
121.645mph
16 3:01.311
123.119mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Maserati 450S (#9857) GTC-65 2 +2:08.252
116.554mph
16 2:54.264
128.098mph
Pirelli  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#33) GTC-65 3 +2:58.495
114.674mph
16 3:03.893
121.390mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 4 +1L 15 3:00.579
123.618mph
unknown
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Aston Martin DBR2 (#63) GTC-65 2 +2.775
120.401mph
5 +4L
91.027mph
12 3:05.215
120.524mph
Dunlop  
Navin R Johnson
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#44) GTC-65 6 12 3:04.188
121.196mph
unknown
Dunlop  
BadBlood
 HikiWazaRacing
Aston Martin DBR1 (#100) GTC-65 7 +15L 1 5:32.488
67.139mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties - Monza (Full 10km) - Oct 2  (Read 10102 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 08:28:19 PM +0100 »

I saw u try to get in just now
what's happening?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 08:57:39 PM +0100 »

First of all big apologies for the spin - you'll see why later.

Thanks to Tony for sorting me out - it was a car issue. Bet he wishes he hadn't  Wink

I am not quite sure what is going on because I have 193 cars out of 185! and in the race the DBR2 was not available but I did have two Mercedes 300 SL.

Couldn't qualify but checked the setup was OK. Race started and it was undriveable - the Front bias was set to 23%. Do you have to reload the setup before the race? When I went to the garage that file was referenced but the settings were all over the place.

Pity - visiting the pits was interesting as well - I wasn't sure what to do, lol.

Hope to make more of these and not be quite so awful.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 09:41:48 PM +0100 »

First of all big apologies for the spin - you'll see why later.

Thanks to Tony for sorting me out - it was a car issue. Bet he wishes he hadn't  Wink

I am not quite sure what is going on because I have 193 cars out of 185! and in the race the DBR2 was not available but I did have two Mercedes 300 SL.

Couldn't qualify but checked the setup was OK. Race started and it was undriveable - the Front bias was set to 23%. Do you have to reload the setup before the race? When I went to the garage that file was referenced but the settings were all over the place.

Pity - visiting the pits was interesting as well - I wasn't sure what to do, lol.

Hope to make more of these and not be quite so awful.

Dont call us lol

Helpfull advice to follow

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 09:51:30 PM +0100 »

Lol - wish I'd stuck to GPL now, don'cha!

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 09:57:35 PM +0100 »

Lol - wish I'd stuck to GPL now, don'cha!

censored  Wink

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 10:06:07 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 12:39:16 PM +0100 »

With the trouble Badblood was having, plus lots of chat (sorry if it distracted during qually, my bad) I didn't get a chance to set a qually time, so started near the back of the grid.
As the race began I pulled away super cautious to avoid spinning and made a good getaway. Then like the parting of the Red sea, everyone fell off the track in front of me! This gave
me a clear path up the remainder of the start/finish straight and on Alex's bumper. Which is where I pretty much remained for the remainder of the race. Did manage to close right
up to him several times but never good enough to pass, except once and then I went wide later on and he re-took the position. Matt joined us briefly and dispatched me fairly
quickly and I suppose passed Alex too but they were just too far ahead to make out what was happening. Then Matt pitted?!? and so I was left trying to claw back the lead Alex
had achieved again. And again I was able to close but never pass. We were so close at one stage that I could hear Alex's gear changes in perfect sync with my own. In the last
laps we were both getting a bit ragged as our tyres failed to cope with the demands we were asking of them. On the last lap I had two costly mistakes which gave Alex the chance
to give himself some clean air between him and I. Then on the approach down to the Parabolical my screen went all green and stripey and I had a complete lock-up which required
a hard re-boot to fix.

Well done Alex, great driving, never a mistake made, and it made for a truly fascinating race.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 01:12:15 PM +0100 »

Good fun. Took a pit stop because the tyres were going off a bit, and I would be bored once I was in front.
Actually I would have had to as on the later half my rear left was melting, and I think became punctured
as I was sturrgling to keep the car in a straight line even at low speeds.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:24:11 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 08:51:54 PM +0100 »

Unofficial LapChart

Well, that was fun!
What a strange race. First BadBlood's issues put me on pole (check is in the mail  Wink ). Then my start wasn't that good but somehow the rest of the field had disappeared  Huh
No time to ponder on this because these cars surely need your attention  sweatdrop
Then soon Tony was on my tail and lap-by-lap battle began where I couldn't take a big lead until Mister Matt blasted past me.
Ok, second or third is also nice I thought and switched off the headlights. Then Matt decided to pit not much afterwards  Huh
Tony was then on my tail for the rest of the race. Great, clean battle. Any swerving moves on my side were purely unintentional. Just ran out of talent in the corners were you were much faster. Shame about the disco. You deserved a good finish.     

In the end won due to a pole, melee at the start, better car and  competitor's melting tyres but hey, I didn't hear Schumi complain when he won in a Superior car  Grin

Well done Alex, great driving, never a mistake made, and it made for a truly fascinating race.
Thanks, only I wasn't in control like it looked like. Even almost managed to throw it away on the last lap in the Parabolica...

So finally got a proper win (that is, with anybody left on the track). Time for the Alien chaps to put me in place next race (one or two laps down).. Navin where were U?

Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 09:39:02 PM +0100 »

Had a good start from the back and like Tony I was able to drive right through the kaos for 3rd place. Matt caught me in a few laps and I was on my own from that point on. Was just hitting my marks trying to bring her home when I understeered exiting the first banking on the oval. I was grinding the front end on the armco and it would not let go. It grabbed me so hard that it eventually threw me over the wall and I was done for Sad.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 06:39:06 AM +0100 »

Joined late because I forgot to install the track  Huh

So I needed the race for practicing  Grin Had some mistakes during first laps of a lonely
race but then I could improve from lap to lap until mid race when tyres began to decline
considerably. Surprisingly I had my fastest lap in lap 12 when tyres were already down.
I concentrated on finishing the race which was crowned by an unexpected podium due
to Tony's bad luck - real shame for you Tony!

Currently my favorite series - thanks again Tony for organizing this - hope we will be
able to regain Pelle and maybe we can acquire some new drivers too  Cool
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:41:42 AM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 08:40:02 AM +0100 »

maybe we can acquire some new drivers too  Cool

That's the plan

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 11:29:18 AM +0100 »

Well that was different.  Had a number of offs, 2 over the rails and drove around outside of banking to rejoin and a few on the banking infield (difficult to get back onto track).  The worst incident was to kiss the pit wall, on way to banking, causing a spin disoriented I spun car into right direction only to discover too late I was on the wrong piece of track.  That was a half a lap lost.

Nice event Tony but very tiring as it's 100% concentration on such a fast track with these cars.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com