by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 01:58:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L12FIFT Snetterton: August 07, 2012
August 07, 2012, 08:44:03 PM +0100 - Snetterton (Long) - UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Pelle_B
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 250 TR (#124) GTC-65 1 1:33.150
103.066mph
1 47:17.930
101.489mph
30 1:33.112
103.108mph
Dunlop  
Alex vV
 Gentlemen Drivers Club
Ferrari 250 TR (#102) GTC-65 5 +5.149
97.668mph
2 +1L
95.853mph
29 1:37.915
98.051mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#8) GTC-65 4 +5.039
97.777mph
3 +2L
92.887mph
28 1:38.536
97.433mph
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 250 TR (#22) GTC-65 6 +6.937
95.923mph
4 +3L
87.763mph
27 1:39.487
96.501mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Maserati 450S (#53) GTC-65 2 +0.192
102.854mph
5 +11L 19 1:33.768
102.387mph
unknown
Pirelli  
Navin R Johnson
 TEAM-GTLDK
Jaguar D-Type (#10) GTC-65 6 +13L 17 1:36.985
98.991mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#33) GTC-65 3 +3.380
99.458mph
7 +15L 15 1:34.935
101.129mph
suspension
Pirelli  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#102) GTC-65 8 +26L 4 1:36.680
99.303mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties - Snetterton (1964) - Aug 7  (Read 9846 times)
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 10:25:24 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted

...& a Report from the server replay  Grin

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 10:18:00 AM +0100 »

Never tried these before. They are quirky but fun beasts, I liked the Aston and Ferri, but tried the Mazzer and found
him to be quite a bit quicker, had not realised there were different classes of cars  Shocked

Put a wheel on the inside grass on an early lap lost buckets of time getting going again, caught and passed everyone
except Pelle who was gradually extending the lead to over 30 secs, tryes were making the car hard to drive
and was never going to catch Pelle, so after Nav left I did too.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 11:56:05 AM +0100 »

Not enough time to decide for a suitable setup - so I took the faster but
much more sensitive one which caused some mistakes and in the end my
dropping out by a crash  Sad
But race was fun as long as it lasted and the Maserati sounds are simply fantastic Grin.
I can remember one moment during first stage when GTLDK-team was in 1-2-3  Wink
Then dropped some places and was in sixth and on my way to close up to Alex
again looking forward to a nice duel till finish when I lost control and crashed
into a marshal station (result: 0%)
All the worse as it possibly could have ended up in another podium for me if I
look at the results  Roll Eyes
Had one single perfect lap and could register a great new PB (1:34,9) which made me really happy.

Enjoying every race in the LM55 cars - thanks for organizing this series to all involved!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:57:40 AM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 01:15:05 PM +0100 »

I also am enjoying these older cars with their scary ways. My particular favourite is the D-type with it's Spitfire sound-a-like engine. Handles well but you have to drive her in a different way to other cars and be really smooth with everything. I had a good qually but some early offs including drastic avoidance measures to miss that darn bridge left me at the back early on and way behind t'others. BTW thanks for stopping after our contact Alex. Soon had a rhythm going and was cruising well around on of my favourite circuits but to far behind to worry anyone.

@Matt all the cars last night were in the same "class". The few that were not allowed last night are even more powerfull!

Goodwood next then a short season in Europe where we will see the faster beasts return for some rounds.

PS That grid last night was a visual feast and the sound was deafening. Worth a peak at the replay for that alone.

Almost forgot to say congrats to Pelle for that gob-smacking display of speed and control and commiserations to Syd for yet another dropped connection.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:17:56 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 04:08:38 PM +0100 »

Ok, when we we were in chat in qual I said something about the Mazzer, and you said "different class"
perhaps you were talking about St Trinians 2  Roll Eyes

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 06:26:55 PM +0100 »

Ok, when we we were in chat in qual I said something about the Mazzer, and you said "different class"
perhaps you were talking about St Trinians 2  Roll Eyes

lol I was talking about the two drivers who had recorded times way in excess of the rest of us (yourself and Pelle).

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:14 PM +0100 »

... and commiserations to Syd for yet another dropped connection.
I'm getting really frustrated with my isp. My connection is according to them great, as every time they check, it's working fine. The fact that it drops at least once a day for a minute or two (and usually sometime when the race is on) doesn't seem to matter to them. I'm thinking of switching isp's, but the only other option is way slower than my current 10/2 Mb connection.
On the race, I actually completely forgot about it. It was 9:38 when I realized there was a race tonight. I got on the server with about 1:30 left in the q, and just about managed to set a race setup with proper amount of fuel before the start. I started from the back, passed a couple of cars, some others fell off, and I found myself in third place. I was slightly gaining on Navin and phspok was gaining  a second a lap on me at the time, and it was shaping to be a good battle when I fell off on lap 5.
Grats to the podium.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 07:45:30 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony for the interesting Track/car combo.  It was good fun but not what I'd planned.  Decided to go with fastest car and put in a few laps checking gearing etc.  Last night it soon became clear ambition exceed ability - not a car that I could finish in.  Went for 250 TS, took a while to sort out gearing etc but I was a more realistic drive for me.  Made reasonable start avoided a few spinning cars and ended lap 1 about 6th, then as usual screwed up on T1 went too deep and finished up over the bank - took too long to get back on track, the Masser was beautiful for that with all that torque and power just literally flew over the bank.

Managed to put in some good fast laps bettered qualifying time and eventual caught up with Tony who had spun at the hairpin, broadside across the apex.  Tried to run deeper to get around him and spun myself.  That was the last I saw of Tony until he duly lapped me.  Made too many unforced errors and trips over the banking.  Pelle lapped me three times, Alex and Tony once.  On my penultimate lap missed 300 marker board and went straight on at 100 board instead of braking and turning in.  Regained track on short straight bit before long right hander with zero front tyre.  Completed rest of lap and last lap in a cloud of tyre smoke.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 04:56:08 AM +0100 »

Congrats to Pelle for another win Smiley. Also good job Alex and Tony for their solid pody finishes Cool . I wish I didn't have another brain fade day but I guess the Ring worn me out yesterday Tongue. Had a couple of flips over the fence and on the second one it required me to enter the pits which meant a pit stop. I'm so out of practice with stops I also managed to hit esc instead of Enter wacko. Total dummy lol  That said, I tried several cars in qualy and really liked the Jags handling so a shame I didn't finish the run Roll Eyes. Will be looking forward to these cars at Goodwood Grin. Cheers

P.S. Nice turnout this race thumbup1
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 06:03:45 AM +0100 »

I can remember one moment during first stage when GTLDK-team was in 1-2-3  Wink

It could have been wonderful with all of us on the podium, unfortunately...there is always something unexpected in a 30 laps long race  Lips Sealed
...but it looked really brutal, when you removed the two people on the box, I was right behind you when it happened  Grin
I waved...when I discovered NRJ outside in the grass, but how can you do exactly the same mistakes I have made, press ESC  Grin

Qual:
After I had set pole, I did everything to get a DQ...Wrong Way...but never got DQ  Tongue

Race:
I started out very quiet & pulled to the side, would help NRJ & KS up...& It went according to plan. Ph began to show the Maserati are running crazy fast & I had to take up the fight before the distance was too big. Maybe it was my close pressure receiving Ph to spin around, but no damage to the car...Ph would quickly return??? I got into a good fast rhythm & decided to continue...the car ran perfectly...I play with Scalextric?... Unbelievable...no errors on 30 laps  Cheesy
Got only a single shock after 10 laps, Engine 19% Shocked ...drove the last 20 laps with better gear changes & think I had 5-7% when the race was over.

Grats Alex & Tony  thumbup2 (hehe Ramsay, 2 points)

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57:27 AM +0100 »

I may have been wrong sighted following Pelle so close into turn 3, but I had put a wheel on the inside grass
a couple of times in practice and spun, so I was aware of it. Pelle did nothing wrong, I just misjudged it.

For me the Mazzer was way faster than any other allowed car, though it handles like a Corvette - understeers wildly
into a corner, and then the back tries to overtake the front under power, I made a very conservative setup
which mostly worked, it all got a bit unwieldy when the tyres started to go off or I would have continued.

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24:54 AM +0100 »

Great race! Love these cars whcih you have to anticipate which way to go.

Apols to Tony for the 1 lap crash. Could not avoid you Sad

Thanks all for showing up and good racing.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com