The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 09:38:50 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 Seven  (Read 3942 times)
AdrianD

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2006, 01:58:16 PM +0000 »

Having abandoned F1C before GTR came along I never thought I'd be saying this but...

This mod is fantastic, the most fun outside of GTL you'll ever have, well 'till they do this in a better sim oneday Smiley

I had to put up the resolution and FF but it is as addictive as the Simbin stuff and it's got the 'Ring of course, just been sitting in for Hunt at Hesketh Grin

Nakano_56

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:33:36 PM +0000 »

Had this mod installed too thought it was good but much harder than GTR just a shame no one played the non RH- CTDP mods online Angry
have you played the 88 mod? I got right into that 1 too was fun racing the Turbos

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 02:40:52 PM +0000 »

You'd think the cars at least would make good plundering for rF!

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 02:56:28 PM +0000 »

That's a bit harsh  Shocked

I still get a bit of fun running GPL65  and 69 but I think F1 Seven stands up better now,  switching between Simbin and GPL was too much of a technology shock, GPL FF and sound seem plain cr*p these days Sad

But F1 Seven will fill a gap fine untill they do something like that for this thingy engine we all run these days Grin

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 04:26:33 PM +0000 »

That's a bit harsh  Shocked

I still get a bit of fun running GPL65  and 69 but I think F1 Seven stands up better now,  switching between Simbin and GPL was too much of a technology shock, GPL FF and sound seem plain cr*p these days Sad

But F1 Seven will fill a gap fine untill they do something like that for this thingy engine we all run these days Grin

I don't see why, I'm not knocking thier efforts, haven't played. I only installed F1C once and it was a nasty multi year version that took me about 2 hours to get the Le Mans mod working (serves me right for P2P'ing it, but it was before my SimRacing time).

rF, while having 2 very good cars (Porsche and F3 (about to be updated btw)) is still lacking breadth in that area. These full mods take a stupid amount of work to do, and just like there's been a "plundering" of tracks, the "plundering" of high quality car models, providing they are ported correctly would significantly decrease time to release and be very very welcome. The GTR V8 ports, which seemed to have been done with care seemed very professional for the glance I took, even standing upto SimBin's creations very well.

I'm sorry if my comment seemed to rob them of credit they deserve, that was not my intention, I've looked at the screenies and other stuff and I'm pretty impressed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
Nakano_56

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 07:00:03 PM +0000 »

I played the demo of Rf and thought it was pretty poor tbh isn't it just a highly modded version of F1c repackaged? and £30 i couldn't believe it! back on topic the C.R.E.W team did do a fantastic job the car models are spot on and even the way they modified the menus, one of the best mods eva!

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:47:29 AM +0000 »

I played the demo of Rf and thought it was pretty poor tbh isn't it just a highly modded version of F1c repackaged? and £30 i couldn't believe it! back on topic the C.R.E.W team did do a fantastic job the car models are spot on and even the way they modified the menus, one of the best mods eva!

There is no demo, that's a MP test, that is very very old.

Nakano_56

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 01:06:18 PM +0000 »

Still didnt think it was much cop tho. Maybe they should release a updated version for trial, but going on that I wouldnt part with £30 for it.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 01:31:05 PM +0000 »

I played the demo of Rf and thought it was pretty poor tbh isn't it just a highly modded version of F1c repackaged? and £30 i couldn't believe it!

Technically speaking F1C is more like a highly modded rFactor, rF coming from ISI who produce the gMotor engine which all these games use (F1C/GTR use the older engine, which dates back to good old SCGT, GTL and rF use gMotor 2 which is a huge improvement).

Once the mod teams who've produced good stuff for F1C move to rFactor you will want to get it!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 05:10:23 PM +0000 »

Maybe Dave m8, but not still not for 30 pounds and if only downloadable for me Wink Cheesy

T
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 11:11:45 PM +0000 »

I had my F1C knocking about from shelf to draw and back for months, like most F1 sims I have ever had I just had it for comparisons to GPL Smiley but rarely drove it.

Then recently I thought I'd install it again and try updating it so RH2004 went on. I'm not into F1 in RL but I was impressed with the quality and feel of this mod so I tried F1 Seven expecting to be disappointed but I'm blown away, it is unfinished and the interface menues are a nightmare, half the seasons tracks I can't install, it took me ages to work out a FF setting that felt right, nice and bumpy. On paper I'd have to say it was just another mod but...I have been hooked, it's pulled me off my GTL and taken me back to that GPL feel, I think it's worth all the effort just to drive the 'ring again and really enjoy it, no time to get bored you're round it so quick in the Hesketh.

I don't even care if I can't race online...unless some of you decide to try it one night Grin this mod is good, to know it is to love it but you have to really give it a chance.

I agree Dave, when a well rounded game based in say '74/'76ish is made for a more advanced engine you will want it, but in the mean time this will definately be my most driven offline sim Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com