Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 23, 2024, 09:31:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
Forthcoming
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S22 Mosport: January 06, 2012
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 22 (2011-2012) - Mosport - Jan 6  (Read 2712 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2012, 09:30:58 PM +0000 »

Open invitation to a 69 extra fun race. Free choice of chassis, although it is recommended that you take the winged rather than the non-winged cars.
Just to add a little variety it will be run as an endurance race of around 1 hour (45 laps).  Server will be started when Mr Badblood is ready – with a minimum of 20 minutes from 9pm.

Unlimited resets are permitted but subject to a compulsory Stop & Go. There is a bit of strategy & fuel stops are permitted. To make it realistic please Reset in the pit lane. Its been tested & you won’t respawn on the racing line but please be careful NOT to impede other drivers.  
In view of the short notice we’ll use an original Papyrus track at Mosport.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL3
IP address = ping ukgpl3.dyndns.org
Race date = Friday 6th January 2012
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = Mosport
Race length = 45 laps
Variant = 1969 Extra
Chassis =  Free choice
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = max. 20 minutes
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:42:12 PM +0000 by BadBlood » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 05:41:55 PM +0000 »

Just hoping I get home in time for this....

Jason Blito
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:58:48 PM +0000 »

Something wierd going on with GPL at my end.

I tried to do some off line practice this evening and ran a couple of laps around Mosport with the OLD 69 mod and that worked fine. Then I thought I had better run the 69x mod and try a few of the newer options.

GPL then gives a message "unable to load track" followed by "cancelling weekend"  and I have no option but to quit back to Gem?Huh!!

I've never had this prob before and it is not just with the Mosport Papyrus track, it is the same with Kyalami as well!!  Anyone got any smart ideas???

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 08:42:10 PM +0000 »

Are you using the same player for 69X?

I would be tempted to make a backup of GPL69.exe and then delete it and let GEM rebuild it from scratch.

Maybe remove the car set and re-add it. Also make sure you have CARS69 along with the 69-X carset. 69HWNG or 69MWNG would cause an issue. Clutching at straws really

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 08:47:34 PM +0000 »

I do indeed still have the HWNG MWNG and LWNG options in the car list. I'll try removing those first, but not sure how that impacts on "unable to load track" ?? would have thought that something like "unable to load chassis" would be more logical?

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
G Jonsson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 08:54:03 PM +0000 »

The cars for 69x should be cars69 or something like that

Göran
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 08:54:21 PM +0000 »

NOOOO Don't remove the options but you should have a CARS69.

The error messages are somewhat wierd. I have had the 'Couldn't load track' when the GPL exe was corrupt so it is just a guess.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
blito
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 10:04:58 PM +0000 »

Well, that was another pile of shite for me.... I lost out big stylee trying to avoid the T1 stupidity and ended up half a minute down on the next man ( a full minute down on the leader on lap one!!!! ) Spent the next 10 laps running a nice steady pace, well within my limits and just  enjoying the ride when without any warning the car lost all rear end grip.... 5 spins in three laps later and I hit the esc button ......
Having a real bad run of things just lately .. probably time to do something else instead Sad

Jason Blito
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 11:01:19 PM +0000 »

Well, thanks for the run chaps.

I knew it would not be particularly good,  but had not thought it would be that bad!   I was obviously mistaken in thinking I could download/install 69x today & the dozen laps practice would be sufficient :/

Anyway,  I tried to keep out of the way as much as possible;  but then spent most of the time trying to jump out the way.  Sometimes very unsuccessfully,  so apologies.

Anyway, stayed out as it was a fun race after all.   Still, I managed to get a couple of clean(ish) laps in,  so was not all bad.

Having said all that,  thanks for the event!   Within the last couple of weeks you have prompted me to try both a '65 & '69 event!   Thanks for helping to broaden my horizons;  although I still seem to be spending too much time in hedges.

Cheers,
Dave.
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 11:05:42 PM +0000 »

Having said all that,  thanks for the event!   Within the last couple of weeks you have prompted me to try both a '65 & '69 event!   Thanks for helping to broaden my horizons;  although I still seem to be spending too much time in hedges.

Practice lad, practice.....the key to the door.

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 11:30:58 PM +0000 »

Gave up after 9 laps when I couldn't seem to string more than 2 laps together without going of track and then my heart wasn't in it.

Having a real bad run of things just lately .. probably time to do something else instead Sad

Know how you feel Jason, stick with it though.  Hopefully once the season kicks back in things will pick up again.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 01:59:34 PM +0000 »

LOL - I gave up after three laps because I was just a danger to shipping.... I DEFINITELY needed to practice more.... after all, form is temporary and class is permanent and as I have no class whatsoever, I need to practice to get that form!

Has re-enthused me for the rest of the season.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
blito
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 02:46:26 PM +0000 »

Actually, I LOVE the 69x mod and was full of enthusiasm for this but my lack of praccy time showed - I reckon my setup must have melted the rears!

Jason Blito
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 10:07:10 PM +0000 »

Anyone have any particular issues with 69X? There were a large number of discos? feedback would be apprecaited.
My own race was a huge write off - eratic frame rate during quallification meant I didn't get a proper time (my personal connection, not a problem with the server or the Mod).) I got caught in the start line squabble Reset in the wrong place which left the car up the banking & the screen / game frozen.
Advice on Rasterisers would be welcome. I usually run "Open GL" but that won't work with the F2 Mod. Open GL is OK with 69X but it takes about  3-4 minutes to load the game. Direct 3D works for F2 & its quicker for 69X but seems a bit unstable. If you have a heavy crash it tends to lock up the game & sometimes I get a flickering screen.
On the plus side we can now load 69X into our results system - although a bit odd taht some of the quallification times are missing.
Thanks ... Bill

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 01:24:45 PM +0000 »

Hi Billy ,

I did not have an disco , just run out of fuel  , coz idiot me forgot to shift-R during my pitstop , so I decided to leave the race .

And luckily I dont have any kind of issues with 69x mod , which btw I run under openGLv2 like all mods .
Means even new 67 F2 mod runs perfect here using openGLv2 .
Its an ATI 4870 1GB videocard from MSI and it was quit a long journey to find the display driver software fits best to GPL. Turns out that real old ati2mtag 8.541.0.0 ( catalyst 8.10/XP ) driver work best with my system,
as long I turn on openGLv2 .D3Dv2 serves poor fps on this system .

Imo there is no way to recommend a specific displaydriver software , as it always depends on the mixture of hardware built into system , like motherboard and its specific chipset drivers etc.
So try and error seems to be the only solution  .
e.c. on my previous PC (ATI videocard as well ) openGLv2 was a no go .

I could easily imagine that maybe you have to use different rasterizers for some mods on your PC .
If you are lucky and someone runs exactly the same hardware and OS , without any issues on GPL , you could benefit from advice . good luck .

As to these `long loading time `for 69x mod  ; I guess its mainly coz there are so many cars in these mod have do be loaded into RAM first .
No question , modern RAMs with faster speed helps to reduce loading time , as well a minimum of 3GB capicity on RAM is helpful for 69x
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com