Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 08:49:12 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Beal Valley Thundercar Fun Race Jan 17  (Read 1920 times)
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:21:33 PM +0000 »

WELCOME TO THE UKGPL BEAL VALLEY TUNDERCAR FUN RACE

Now for something quite different. You will need the Thundercar mod and the Beal Valley track.

Then you need some guts, the top speed for this cars can be up to 240 mph if you drive without wings, not recommended however, and then you are all set for this funrace.

You can use as many shif-r`s you ever need and do not need to make any S/G after.

You can pic the car you like and the only thing you have to think about is what design you like because the physics are all the same.

Race List =         iGOR
Server =            UKGPL9
IP Address =       81.170.205.248
Race date =       17-01-2012
Time =              Race start 21.30 UK time
Track =             Beal Valley     Oldham Grand Prix
Variant =           Thundercars
Damage Model =  Int
Qualifying time =  >30 minutes.
Race length =     12 Laps

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:58:14 PM +0000 by G Jonsson » Logged
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 05:42:50 PM +0000 »

Oh yeah baby..... havent done thundercars in years... should be a laugh Smiley

Jason Blito
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:04:01 PM +0000 »

Bet it was hard work getting the server going eh... Wink
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:46:41 PM +0000 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
blito
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 03:44:15 PM +0000 »

Ok ive just done a lap of Beal and can honestly say I have no desire to do another. Whilst I can see that Beal is suited to the Thundercars physics, I think its another of those circuits that is poorly suited to online racing - too long, too many corners, not enough scenery to distinguish one part from another, no obvious passing places.  IMO new tracks for "fun" races need to be easily learned and able to produce close fun racing and Beal is going to take too long to learn. What does everyone else think?

Jason Blito
Beefpie

Hack of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:10:09 PM +0000 »

Brands Hatch anyone?  Wink

J.Shaw
blito
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 11:33:55 PM +0000 »

Yeah.. Brands, Bathurst, Silvy, Zeltweg, Monza etc - those would be great Smiley

Jason Blito
s2173

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 07:03:45 AM +0000 »

No brands or silvy... Pleeeeaaaseee.... death

Who is the living, loving city of people without faces? The elevator is screaming in his claws.

The Red City, 43 Novctober 2173.
G Jonsson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 11:22:40 AM +0000 »

I guess the question is, what is fun?

To me it is a new track preferably long, and tricky with interesting turns and so on.

The "fun race" part for me is just a race, or a set of races, that is out of the ordinary divisions, to try out something, like the 60fps or if a track is OK for online racing and so on.

This "Fun race" is to try the TC cars, on a track that is new to most of you. My first ever online race was a two lap "Fun race" at Targa, and I do admit that I am not really sane when it comes to GPL but.....................

Göran

PS. The real reason to pic the Beal Valley is of cause that I hold the WR, http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?dis=B&menu=Show_Letters  Grin  But please do not tell anyone Wink

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 09:06:43 PM +0000 »

Ok ive just done a lap of Beal and can honestly say I have no desire to do another. Whilst I can see that Beal is suited to the Thundercars physics, I think its another of those circuits that is poorly suited to online racing - too long, too many corners, not enough scenery to distinguish one part from another, no obvious passing places.  IMO new tracks for "fun" races need to be easily learned and able to produce close fun racing and Beal is going to take too long to learn. What does everyone else think?

This track is awesome, end of. It takes a while to learn though (I'd recommend learning it in the normal GPL cars before taking to it in the mod).

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
NewBlood

I dont know how I got this picture...lol

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 10:08:41 PM +0000 »

i decided hey im going to try a completely new mod on a complete new track!!! Well BIG MISTAKE Im telling you. I was struggling to control the car through almost every corner, and dont tell me put more wing cause i had it at almost full I think. I rage quit on the first lap no
A baby track like silverstone or maybe monza? and the thundercars could be AWESOME.  yes
G Jonsson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 12:12:57 AM +0000 »

OK not that it was much of a race but here is the replay: I am sorry to say but the replay site has been shut down. (not by me).

And the results BUT the real winner was Al Heller because he was in the lead but the server lost him on lap 8 and when I saw Al disappear from pribluda I though he was out and quit so the server closed down as it did not think it was anybody left. Sometimes strange thinks happen in GPL!!

Track: Beal             Tue Jan 17 23:10:58 2012

PRACTICE TIMES

Pos No Driver                           Team     Nat      Time      Diff Laps
 1  13 Al HellerTC                      RaciBull GBR 3m12.405s              8
 2  18 Göran JonssonT                   Ultrgrip SWE 3m13.929s   01.524s    5
 3  17  eviltc                          Ultrgrip USA 3m20.085s   07.680s    4
 4   8 Joseph Whitfield                 Ultrgrip GBR 3m26.586s   14.181s    5
 5   5 Raoni Frizzo TC                  Megasprk BRA 3m38.397s   25.992s    3
 6   4 UKGPL9                           Ultrgrip SWE   No time   No time    0

All times are official
Generated with GPL Replay Analyser

Track: Beal             Tue Jan 17 23:10:58 2012

RACE RESULTS (After 8 laps)

Pos No Driver                          Team     Nat Laps   Race Time       Diff
 1  18 Göran JonssonT                  Ultrgrip SWE    8  26m56.536s            
 2  13 Al HellerTC                        RaciBull GBR    7  23m00.834s   1 lap(s)
 3  17  eviltc                             Ultrgrip USA    4  13m53.341s   4 lap(s)
 4   8 Joseph Whitfield                Ultrgrip GBR    1   4m39.659s   7 lap(s)
 5   5 Raoni Frizzo TC                 Megasprk BRA    0 DidNotStart   8 lap(s)
 6   4 UKGPL9                           Ultrgrip SWE    0 DidNotStart   8 lap(s)

Race results are unofficial
(Replay might have been saved before end of race)

RACE FASTEST LAPS

Pos Driver                                 Time Lap
 1  Göran JonssonT                    3m12.509s   8
 2  Al HellerTC                          3m15.425s   4
 3   eviltc                                3m20.082s   4
 4  Joseph Whitfield                   4m38.397s   1
 5  Raoni Frizzo TC                     No time
 6  UKGPL9                              No time

LEADERS

Driver                           Laps
Al HellerTC                      1-7
Göran JonssonT                   8

Number of lead changes: 1
Number of leaders: 2

LAPS LED

Driver                           Laps led
Al HellerTC                         7
Göran JonssonT                   1

HIGHEST CLIMBER

Driver                           Start Finish  Change
Göran JonssonT                2      1       1  
 eviltc                             3      3       0  
Joseph Whitfield                4      4       0  
Raoni Frizzo TC                 5      5       0  
UKGPL9                            6      6       0  
Al HellerTC                        1      2      -1  

ON TRACK LAPS

Driver                           Laps/Total    Percent
Al HellerTC                           (5/7)      71.43
Göran JonssonT                      (1/8)      12.50
Joseph Whitfield                      (0/1)       0.00
 eviltc                                  (0/4)       0.00

RACE LAPTIME CONSISTENCY
(first lap excluded)

Driver                    Avg Deviation  Std Deviation  Avg Laptime   Laps
Al HellerTC                       0.477          0.698    3m16.308s      7
 eviltc                             2.672          2.834    3m24.091s      4
Göran JonssonT                 3.772          4.420    3m16.914s  

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:24:02 AM +0000 by G Jonsson » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 09:00:50 AM +0000 »

In a spare 30 minutes on Sunday I tried the Thundercars for the first time. It seems odd that in over 10 yrs of GPL I had never even downloaded this car set??!! Beal Valley was also a new circuit, but after the first few laps it seemed a very good track with a lot of potential.

I chose a car at random, because they all have the same physics, and did a few exploratory laps. A few tweaks to wing settings and gear ratios. Then a small adjustment to the diff and antiroll bars and the beast began to respond. I was soon putting in laps around the 3:00 mark when I remembered which corner came next and completed a full lap. To check how quick that was ( because I had absolutely no idea what constitutes "quick" in these things I went to GPLRank and looked at the WR times. They were faster but not by all that much so I figured I was about ready for some fun on Tuesday and went off to deal with real life.

Tuesday evening arrives and I get myself organised for some fun. As soon as I join the server my G25 decides to lose all its settings and calibration Undecided So, I quit and re-boot GPL. Back on the server and although the G25 is working it ain't right and I am struggling for my normal "feel". Plus, the setup that I had on Sunday is unavailable, although a quick check through my GPL directory shows it clearly in my EvilTC  player folder???!!
The qually session was an excercise in   "How Not to Sort a Setup"   and I ended up with a car that was 10 secs off the pace and virtually uncontrollable!!
The race started badly and got steadily worse!! I rearended  someone within 200mtrs of the start and tried to re arrange the scenery at just about every corner!!!

After my 5th 36 spin on the exit of a corner I gave up  :'(

I'm sure these cars would be fun if I could find the time to tame them. The power is awesome and the grip ( when i can find it) is great.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
blito
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 10:03:12 AM +0000 »

Whilst you guys were having fun with this I was making Zzzzzs on the sofa! I had a 9-hour round trip in the works van yesterday and was exhausted when I got home!

Jason Blito
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 10:16:37 AM +0000 »

Well, I had forgotten about this and it didnt pop up in the little window of the coming races at the top of the screen, so I think the low attendence is due also to that factor. I would like to try this mod though, which is much neglected in any league, maybe for understandable reasons considering the purist approach common amongst gplers. May I suggest a well known, wide and power (but not only straights, something like silvy or spa) track for a retry some time soon? I love new complex tracks, but the new mod/new,long track combo is bound to see many steer away, and it is maybe too time consuming to prepare decently, for a fun race. Also, dont forget to highlight the coming races, theres so many at the moment that people are easily going to forget about them!  Smiley Smiley
G Jonsson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:53 AM +0000 »

Well, I had forgotten about this and it didnt pop up in the little window of the coming races at the top of the screen, so I think the low attendence is due also to that factor. I would like to try this mod though, which is much neglected in any league, maybe for understandable reasons considering the purist approach common amongst gplers. May I suggest a well known, wide and power (but not only straights, something like silvy or spa) track for a retry some time soon? I love new complex tracks, but the new mod/new,long track combo is bound to see many steer away, and it is maybe too time consuming to prepare decently, for a fun race. Also, dont forget to highlight the coming races, theres so many at the moment that people are easily going to forget about them!  Smiley Smiley

The race was impossible to get into the forthcoming races place because the mod is not in the LM2 where we set up races the official way.

If there is interest I`ll be happy to set up a TC race at Spa if we can find a race date.

Göran
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com