by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 05:37:05 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-A R2: January 16, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-A (TC65) - Round 2, Anderstorp South - Jan 16  (Read 14117 times)
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2006, 08:26:01 PM +0000 »

I'm gonna try and make this one, obviously in one of the bathtubs.... Mustang this time prolly, to get that good ole Bi-T feeling, hehe!

T
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2006, 09:32:38 PM +0000 »

Was full, don't like the track anyway, so I'll skip this one.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2006, 09:33:24 PM +0000 »

Grrrr, botheration and poo, missed my braking point at T1 L1 and went almost to the back of the pack. Frame rate was not good and I ran wide on the s/f straight reaching for the frame rate counter.

Then, just to spoil any possible fun carving my way back up through the field, my ADSL connection went up the swanny and I got disco'd. Angry

To finish first, first you must have fins.
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2006, 09:35:11 PM +0000 »

Was full, don't like the track anyway, so I'll skip this one.
Me too

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2006, 09:46:29 PM +0000 »

Really enjoyed that in the Abarth. It's pretty outclassed in anything but alien hands and borderline dangerous though I'd say! Along with the mini, the heft of cars becomes a factor in GTL and people know that they can barge you a little without coming off worse. Great fun though overall, thanks everyone Smiley

p.s. sorry, I know I'm like a stuck record, but can we stick to just pit in, pit out messages during Q2 and the race?  Smiley

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2006, 09:49:15 PM +0000 »

Then, just to spoil any possible fun carving my way back up through the field, my ADSL connection went up the swanny and I got disco'd. Angry

You were warping all over the place on my screen.

Qualified 23rd in the Jag. It's easy to drive but seriously off the pace. Made several places at the start, only for cars to stream past me. Finished 14th in the end.

Seconded Paul - can we cut out all chat messages during the race please, it's distracting. This is in the simracing.org rules.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Matjaz Plotajs

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2006, 09:50:56 PM +0000 »

Went wide in turn 1 and got catapulted to the right across the grass. Rejoined on the other side of the track...  Grin To my surprise I wasn't DQ when I suddenly saw a huge pack of cars in my rear mirror. Tried to stay out of the way and then rejoined the pack but eventually got DQ for ignoring a stop and go penalty. I wish we could have some radio communication with the team to warn us about such things.

Frame rates were great at qualifying so I managed to drive from my favourite cockpit view and got 5th position but for the race they dropped to 25 because of the dusk. Not fun to drive with such poor frame rates. Pings were also a bit high (220 - 350) so cars were stuttering a bit.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2006, 09:51:37 PM +0000 »

Driving the Abarth was intersting...

Some how managed to get down to 1:00.693 (A GTL Abarth World Record BTW) in qualifying, putting me 18th on the grid.

Got my usual storming start and made up 8 places in the first corner or two due to it. Got up to 8th after some other people's mistakes / retirements and then gradually people passed me (was heartbreaking to watch even minis outdrag me down the straights). Down to 10th and as I lapped Gerald in his Abarth, don't really know what happened but ended up being rear-ended and being whacked into the barrier far harder than I think it whould have been feasible to be and then a few more piled into the tyres at the same place. All very odd and seemed like some glitch. Must check the replay. Anyway, lights were out then so was finding it hard to see the braking point after that down at the end of the long straight, but coaxed it home to 12th.

The Abarth was the slowest of any of the cars down the straights, even the Jag was very marginally faster I noticed in practice when sitting behind Aagramn although much faster in braking zones and corners than Jag (that must have been hard work that lump Michael?). The minis were faster down the straights and slightly better under braking and maybe a bit better through the corners but not much. Interesting anyway.

For 20 minute race I think the qualifying session was too long, don't know what you guys reckon? I liked the dusk racing and the circuit distance was ok.

I noticed a bit of lag in practice/qualifying and the cars weren't perfectly stable in race either. Not bad, just was a bit noticable.

I think it's the Mustang for me next.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2006, 09:52:57 PM +0000 »

Sorry guys, I did pick a different car. Can't help winning again. Although it didn't look like that. Qualified 2nd but after the Airstrip BigG overtook me and I got 3rd, and at the end of lap 1 I almost became 4th. I really had to get the feel of that Cortina. Pero_Grozni (PG) looked too far away to overtake while I was in 2nd, but in that case the traffic helped me a bit. Smiley
I must say that everybody behaved very well at the track, people being lapped were really fair, big thanks to that.
So Aagramn, no Thank you is allowed or sorry when something happens, only pit in/pit out?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 09:55:49 PM +0000 by Ruskus » Logged
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2006, 09:53:58 PM +0000 »

So Aagramn, no Thank you is allowed or sorry when something happens, only pit in/pit out?

Yup! Smiley

That was a pretty good race for me, ended up 10th I think after a really good qualifying session. Had a great tussle with Mr Jonzo at the end  Cheesy

'Fraid I'm still a bit green on the actual GTL racing so sorry to those I made contact with, especially Tom Cooper when I made a real mess of things Sad

I can't help thinking these GTL races will be a *nightmare* to moderate  Undecided

I had absolutely no problems with framerate or lag  Cool

Yes Shark the qualifying session was a tad long, 5 mins less would have been perfect.

Legends Racing simracing team
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2006, 09:58:04 PM +0000 »

The Abarth was the slowest of any of the cars down the straights, even the Jag was very marginally faster I noticed in practice when sitting behind Aagramn although much faster in braking zones and corners than Jag (that must have been hard work that lump Michael?).

The Jag was very easy and predictable to drive, just dead slow. It has the weight of the Yank cars without the power. An all Jag race sometime might be fun.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2006, 10:06:22 PM +0000 »

The Jag was very easy and predictable to drive, just dead slow. It has the weight of the Yank cars without the power. An all Jag race sometime might be fun.

At least it gave you time to adjust your flat cap and smoke your pipe.  Wink

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2006, 10:15:22 PM +0000 »

I don't know what I did at the start Embarrassed managed to drop to last, half the field left me as I dropped the clutch in top Grin

After that had a great time, never cracked the minute though :'(

Minton
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2006, 10:24:05 PM +0000 »

Great race once again . Qualified 4th with a pb time . Started quite well and had a good tussle with Dave Gymer on the first lap , "BigG" started to pull away but he got held up in traffic towards the end of the race and i managed to snatch 3rd at the end. Great driving by everyone as usual.
Frame rate was fine for it being dusk and didnt notice any cars stuttering at all.

I think it would be alot better if cars were seperated into there own classes , this would make it more fair as people could drive the car of there choice and still have something to race for such as class win points which would go towards overall championship points.

TC-Class A : Alfa GTA & Lotus Cortina
TC-Class B : Mini & Abarth
TC-Class c : Falcon, Mustang and Jag

Points could be awarded for class wins and points for all three classes would be the same so all cars have a chance to win championship overall. Not sure if this would work, just a quick thought.

Dan
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2006, 10:26:14 PM +0000 »

Well, got a good start and ran well for a couple of laps but then Ginsters tapped me in the side with a massive cornish pasty  Grin, lost a few more spaces car felt weird for about a lap, (does dirt get on the tyres?)  Undecided , then for the next 15 or so laps drove like a demon  Cheesy to get back to 7th from about 13th (correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am!  Embarrassed ) Had a really good battle with Don, again! unfortunately tapped him, REALLY SORRY and screwed the Cortina home to 7th.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com