by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 05:52:01 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-A R2: January 16, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-A (TC65) - Round 2, Anderstorp South - Jan 16  (Read 14097 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2006, 06:53:04 PM +0000 »

Very well put Dave

In order to ensure to long term future of the leagues here we must ensure that all drivers at any ability level  are catered for. The aim of the league should be to provide a clean racing environment where everyone can enjoy competitive racing at their own level without feeling disadvantaged. As you quite rightly say, if the same old faces streak away from the pack race after race some members will lose interest.

It would also be a very good learning exercise for some of the slower drivers (myself included) to be involved in close quarters racing with the "aliens", pick up tips, observe racing line, braking points etc. which ordinarily we don't have the opportunity to see.
If you ever need advice, tips, setups or whatever, you can always ask me. I even don't mind to spend some time on a private server and give some lessons there to whomever wants it( not meant cocky). Instead of making me slower in a different car, I'd like to make others faster. So if I can help you, don't hold back and ask.
For the next race I've put down my laps there.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2006, 10:38:38 PM +0000 »

Is there a replay of this, mine is only 5s long  Undecided
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2006, 10:46:03 PM +0000 »

Yep, server replay available here:

http://ukgtl.simracing.org.uk/

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2006, 11:05:38 PM +0000 »

Is there a replay of this, mine is only 5s long  Undecided

That's cause GTL over-rides the replay when it re-cycles the track after the race is finished.
You can prevent it over-riding the replay by changing the following in your plr file so that it puts a unique timestamp on the replay file. Server replays for races on UKGTL will nearly always be available too though...

Replays Dated="1" // Replays have date in filename

(Set to zero by default).

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2006, 11:12:48 PM +0000 »

But even if you set this in the .plr the first few minutes of the race are often missing.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2006, 11:37:24 PM +0000 »

If you ever need advice, tips, setups or whatever, you can always ask me. I even don't mind to spend some time on a private server and give some lessons there to whomever wants it( not meant cocky). Instead of making me slower in a different car, I'd like to make others faster. So if I can help you, don't hold back and ask.
For the next race I've put down my laps there.

I'm pretty sure we'd be up for that m8! Very nice! Hopefully I could host the server and then we could have a go around with some ZiPpers and use teamspeak as well for setup tips and advice etc... Check ur PM please Cheesy

T
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2006, 11:40:13 PM +0000 »

I'd be up for that too  Grin
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2006, 06:03:39 AM +0000 »

I have it on Replays dated, and the race replay is there, but I get put on the track and then.....over. I can see the whole grid for 1s just before it starts over again. I have all the video recording set to maximum Roll Eyes
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2006, 10:49:30 AM +0000 »

Jam, love your Avatar !

Ruskus, thats a kind offer to help other drivers out. One or two other aliens have been quite helpful when i've been fortunate to be in a praccy session with them in non-champ sessions, such as JonM and Truetom. Others seem less forthcoming with their secrets! Roll Eyes

I'll keep an eye out for hosted praccy sesh's and hopefully bend your ear for some setup tips....for instance i feel reasonably quick in the Alfa but struggle with turning it in, in the low speed/tight corners and can see thats where i lose time, every time over a lap. If you can cure that i'll buy you a pint ! Wink

It can only be helpful for the champs if more people can compete for a win, rather than an uber 2-3 people every time.

Adam Parle
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2006, 10:56:26 AM +0000 »

I'certainly like to benefit from some other people's experience, more from the setup side of things than anything else, as I really don't have a clue with what I'm meant to be doing there.  I've downloaded one of the replays (from the E-type race) and looking at lines/braking points etc is usefull, I'm not too bad on the whole, I just can't get everything together for some decent lap-times - generally I'll have a good sector and then overcook it or brake too early in some corners to mess the lap up.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2006, 12:03:28 PM +0000 »

Nobody can teach me anything.

About driving like I'm over the limit, mangling the racing line and breaking like it's about to go out of fashion!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2006, 12:31:40 PM +0000 »

About driving like I'm over the limit, mangling the racing line and breaking like it's about to go out of fashion!

Thanks Peewee.(don't look at me Tyf started it)
Just reminded me I need to take a trip to the optician Undecided
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2006, 12:35:53 PM +0000 »

Grin

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2006, 01:05:43 PM +0000 »

Don't expect a magic formula. I can only give some online setups and tips, nothing more.
I was bad at GTR, but much better in GTL. So it's also the feel for the cars that helps (obviously Smiley).
I can teach you how to wisper Paul
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2006, 01:42:16 PM +0000 »

I don't need driving instruction, I need a hypnotist or psychiatrist Roll Eyes

Anyone here of that persuasion, how do I drive a fast lap (for me) without either, a) Bruising my palms on the wheel, b) Locking my neck muscles so tight I can hear it crack Sad

There's a glass ceiling for my driving and it's down to this total inability to just drive in a relaxed manner, it's just as bad hot lapping on my own as racing online in a league race Huh

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com