by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 05:47:47 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-A R3: January 18, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-A (TC65) - Round 3, Donington Park National - Jan 18  (Read 9768 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 05:45:14 PM +0000 »

Just did some laps at Donny Nat. in my Falcon (the car of tonight) and drove a 1:23.599, which is almost a world record in the Falcon there. I wanted to post a screen, but I can't attach anything  Sad
Pero_Grozni

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006, 06:06:19 PM +0000 »

Oh man - you are extremly fast again.  Shocked
We will need to get you a caravan to hang behind your Flattop  Grin
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006, 06:16:52 PM +0000 »

A caravan behind an aircrafcarrier??? Tongue, better make that a battlecruiser  Smiley. But Pero you did a 1:23.7xx yesterday, so assuming that my time is just an accident (which I probably will never drive again), it could all get very...very close again.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2006, 08:01:32 PM +0000 »

Hat's off to those times you posted Ruskus, couldn't get anywhere near them. Managed a 1:26.4 in the Mini.

BTW, your Mini time would put you 3rd on GTL Rank!

Legends Racing simracing team
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2006, 09:53:09 PM +0000 »

Best race so far in GTL for me.

Had a brilliant scrap with Dan Minton for almost the whole race, I think we were the top 2 Mini's - bumper to bumper over the finish line, really good fun as were very well matched Smiley I think we swapped places 3-4 times pretty cleanly  Cheesy

I think my achilles heel in this game will be that starts, lost 4 places as everyone rocketed past me like they were catapulted Sad

Legends Racing simracing team
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2006, 09:54:29 PM +0000 »

Great race this evening, it was fab to dice with so many different cars, and the track really suited the various cars too.

Qualied in 5th with a 1:25:2 , got pipped in dying secs by someone otherwise thought i had 4th...drat !

Race started well, didnt lose out on the start grid this time, was surprised to see all the falcons and stangs just blitz past me on the straight, i could do nothing until we got to the twistier bits.
Had a good tussle with Paul W for several laps in his falcon swapping places, until on turn 1 when i went to avoid his swinging rear end and managed to pull my steering wheel off the desk and knock the trackir off the monitor hence then having only a side window view and a grass trip  Shocked :'(, losing me 3-4 places too...D'oh !!
Got back on the pace after sorting myself out and caught a few cars to get back upto 7th closing on the duelling falcons in front of me until one went off at last corners, all the time watching someone closing on me behind. Then as i was just catching Matjas on last couple of laps, race ended and i got respectable 6th place.  Cool
Top race.

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2006, 09:55:12 PM +0000 »

Phew! What a great fun race that was. Got in at 9 after a 120 mile round trip and felt a bit frazzled but thought I'd give it a whirl anyway. I actually find the Falcon quite relaxing to drive once you get used the the sliding. Sideways action aside it's pretty predictable and stable under braking.
Qualified about 15 and jumped about 8 places at the start Smiley Could only match Madd and Sharks pace in front though and, once Madd unluckily spun later on settled into a Matjas/Shark sandwich for 4th.
The muscle cars are real contenders on the faster, more open courses it seems!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2006, 09:56:58 PM +0000 »

Wasn't going to race originally, but saw only 15 on the server just after 8:30. Joined in and kept an eye on the numbers, we didn't reach 24 until late in qualifying. Hope I didn't keep anyone out.

Ruskus & PG were in a class of their own, breaking into the high 1:22s, great driving. I was fairly high up the grid after banking a 1:25.7 in the Mustang early on, but couldn't improve my time as I kept meeting traffic, and several drivers pipped me at the end. Again, the start was very warpy. Think we should try the next race with the server set to 22 - as soon as one left the car in front of me stopped jerking so much.

Had a very good and clean scrap with Don for a few laps, where we swapped position before I finally found a way past.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2006, 09:59:29 PM +0000 »

Well that was pretty horrid, first when joining the server, I put in the password, and got sent to a totally different server with Dijon on! When I got in all was dandy, and I was posting times around 10th which was good considering I aint played this game for ages. Race start, didn't get off the line, and got booted from behind, probably my fault to be fair, there was a shed load of cars at the start doing quite crazy things, then all the cars disappeared, I pulled off the track to see if they'd come back, and they did  Sad After that it was a pretty poor race, which was quite incident packed too, so I should have a decent incident report to PM in.

Fozz

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2006, 09:59:55 PM +0000 »

I normally like the Mustang, but I hated driving it round Donington. Just horrible horrible understeer. Tried making the setup very oversteery but it was hardly making any difference. Managed to get something driveable and qualified ok on the grid. Sure I could have gone 2 or 3 seconds quicker in the Alfa though.

Start of race was very strange. Got a good start, not one of my usual stunners and as we climbed the hill after the old hairpin, the whole field just completely dissapeared for probably at least 5 seconds. When it came back there were cars I'm sure in different positions to where they were when the dissapearance happened. Hope I didn't hit anyone whilst you weren't there, but I couldn't see anything, thought I was going to get my first disco.

Anyway, bit of a barge past Madd-RIP and then 3rd place for the rest of the race. The Mustang seemed to get slower the longer the race went on, less fuel meant nothing to the lap time.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2006, 10:03:34 PM +0000 »

Replay and exports uploaded here.
Results not imported yet, some technical glitches.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2006, 10:04:46 PM +0000 »

The Mustang seemed to get slower the longer the race went on, less fuel meant nothing to the lap time.

Yeh it got seriously bad in the last 6 or so laps. no grip.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Minton
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2006, 10:09:30 PM +0000 »

Best race so far on the fun side of things, Had a good battle with Matjaz Plotajs for the  first couple of laps then Popabawa caught me up and we had a great battle for most of the race which was quite clean but i think we swapped paint a couple times. Got a bit lucky when Popabawa got held up going into Goddards chicane by one of the falcons and managed to just hold on. Grin  Made an error when i hit "Barred" whilst lapping him coming out of redgate ,soz mate bad judgement on my behalf.
P.s the top two times in quali were crazy fast!!!! Shocked
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 10:14:55 PM +0000 by Minton » Logged
Clarey

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2006, 10:11:12 PM +0000 »

Enjoyable race for me, no incidents to report (hope i didn't cause any too)

Starts aren't my strong point so did 1 qual lap and stuck it at the back(ish), made a couple of places at the start but went off the outside of T1, roughly to the back again.

Had a good race with RSms Barred for 21st position, and was abale to pull away once i stopped making mistakes:)  Then caught Jamera after a spin, and had a good battle for a lap or so until.............3 stop-go's Grin
First for a cut track to avoid running into Jam, then speeding in the pit lane (took the limiter off too soon Sad) returning from previous stop-go:( then cut track again:(

Finished +2laps, in the pit lane:D

A good lesson, and experience for me.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2006, 10:15:02 PM +0000 »

Did some practice this afternoon and did a 1:23.599 and thought that was fast, until PG told me he did a 1:23.2xx  Sad. In the qually I drove a high 22er thinking I've got pole, just to see PG take pole half a minute later (nice time PG) Cheesy.
I had a bad start and lost a place, but soon retook it. Was behind PG for half the race until he mad a tiny mistake leaving a small gap for me. In lap 10 I got my 2nd warning so that freaked me out, and the tires were burning up fast. So at the end I was not able to do anything and PG was really pushing me. I could just hold him off, if he'd past me I would not have been able to take him back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com