by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 02:47:50 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-A R3: January 18, 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-A (TC65) - Round 3, Donington Park National - Jan 18  (Read 9762 times)
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2006, 10:16:53 PM +0000 »

Well got 3rd on the grid and it went downhill after that. Sad I screwed up YET AGAIN. I just can't seem to get in the damn points,  Undecided hmm yes shark you did 'rub' me but I eventually started to match your pace and even began to start closing a little, then what did I do, that godamn bloody magnetic grass got me  :'( , managed to glance the tyre wall but car seemed to drive like a bag of C**P after, then with 2 laps to go I totally missed the braking point into the final chicane,think I may have nearly taken out pops and Minton I believe  Embarrassed , when trying to rejoin.
Really sorry for that guys.

Minton
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2006, 11:07:22 PM +0000 »

think I may have nearly taken out pops and Minton I believe  Embarrassed , when trying to rejoin.
Really sorry for that guys.

No worries Madd.  Smiley ive just watched the replay and your car was wrecked,LOL

<Edit - fixed quote>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 11:24:38 PM +0000 by Aagramn » Logged
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2006, 11:24:59 PM +0000 »

I love Donington usually but not in a Mini, starting near the back of the grid I was unable to gain much compared to the twisty tracks.

I nearly abandoned the race after hairpin lap1 as I thought everyone had gone for good, drove half a lap alone very gingerly untill a Cortina materialized in front of me and I knew the race was on Grin

When the two desperatly fast Falcons appeared in my mirror so quick I slid of on Redgate, but rejoined ok, best bit was gradually overhauling Fozz at the end as his tyres burned away.

Pero_Grozni

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2006, 11:58:18 PM +0000 »

Another great race with a great battle between me and Ruskus. Sadly couldnt get him at the end - was quite a bit faster though as I kept my tires alive. The last chicane was crazy close and I almost got us both out - just few cm of space remained. I got to keep the concentration up in the middle of the race as it has been the third time now that I lost the position due to a small stupid mistake - I keep looking to much to the back at the wrong times.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2006, 08:02:50 AM +0000 »

Joined in a Mustang, like Shark said, it's hard to put a nose into the bend, set up to overstear or not. My problem was 10 fps, don't know why, never experienced this in previous races in GTR, rFactor or even GTL. I was trying hard, then missus pulled some tricks on me and I went to race with her instead. Can't say I'm sorry, as she was more oversteary than a Mustang  Grin
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2006, 08:44:30 AM +0000 »

FWIW, I didn't have any of the 'disappearing cars' issues on lap one.

I had one tiny bit of lag (I think as someone left), otherwise a very stable race.

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2006, 09:06:17 AM +0000 »

Don't forget, if you have the time please submit incident reports to Gizmo for moderation...
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1101.0

Server replay time of incident per incident is very useful so they can find the incident easily.

Thanks.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2006, 09:19:44 AM +0000 »

What's the forum name of the person who raced as "Lightnin!"? I need to know to import the results properly...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2006, 10:51:28 AM +0000 »

I didnt suffer from the disapearing cars early on. The only time it happened to me was when i was closing fast on Dan Mintons mini in craner curves, he seemed to inexplicably slow in the flat our part and just as i thought i was going to run into him at full speed, his car disapeared and re-appeared behind me  Shocked Dont know if he had gone off onto grass or something?

Could be a handy warp weapon i have bolted onto the front of my Alfa  Wink

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2006, 11:41:10 AM +0000 »

When the two desperatly fast Falcons appeared in my mirror so quick I slid of on Redgate, but rejoined ok, best bit was gradually overhauling Fozz at the end as his tyres burned away.

Bah, virtually stopped on the long straight to let the leaders through unhindered, didn't think i'd have to pay for it. No I'm not bitter   Cheesy

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Minton
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2006, 12:31:54 PM +0000 »

The only time it happened to me was when i was closing fast on Dan Mintons mini in craner curves, he seemed to inexplicably slow in the flat our part and just as i thought i was going to run into him at full speed, his car disapeared and re-appeared behind me Shocked Dont know if he had gone off onto grass or something?

My game just froze for second and you went through . Felt a bit hard done by even though you were quicker so tried to get you at the chicane which was a bit of a naughty move but we both scrambled out of it.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2006, 01:04:06 PM +0000 »

FWIW also, didn't suffer from any disappearing or warping cars but did get a noticeable stutter when someone left mid race.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2006, 02:22:56 PM +0000 »

Bah, virtually stopped on the long straight to let the leaders through unhindered, didn't think i'd have to pay for it. No I'm not bitter   Cheesy
I saw that Fozz, you in the green Mustang. I'm gonna thank everybody agin for fair behaviour while they were being lapped. I wanted to say thank you in race, but sadly that wasn't allowed which gave me some guild feeling.
What you did Fozz was very..VERY fair, you slowed down alot. As long as I know that people saw me coming, and they know they are gonna be lapped, I'm fine with it. No need to make crazy moves to make room, als long as there are no fighting manouvres (like in the Anderstorp race half-way).
So once more, thanks for the fair racing.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2006, 03:44:16 PM +0000 »

I didn't honestly see me changing position forward or backward... If I was 5-10 seconds behind someone and gaining, I'd obviously loose as little as possible, knowing also that the person infront would probably be more polite also. So its swings and roundabouts.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
BigG

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2006, 04:13:52 PM +0000 »

Hi Guys,

I to had some Lag last night (So far I have had some sort of Lag in each of the tests), can not say when it was but it happened 2 times in race, not at the start though and I do not think it was when peoples left the game.

Could I suggest we do our next test race with 22 players and see if that makes any difference? Just a suggestion.

Cheers

[RSms]BigG

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com