The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 23, 2024, 06:46:08 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kart Racing Pro  (Read 2926 times)
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:32:05 PM +0000 »

If, like me, you have your roots in kart racing then you will love this.

To me they have managed to get the feel of the thing just right but without the bruises!

http://www.kartracing-pro.com/

It is currently at Beta5 and still being developed but there is a move afoot to start a European League and have some organised races.  This can only accelerate the developments in my book and one of the things that they have to sort out is the starting procedure, which is a dog's breakfast.

There are three fixed gear karts and one 125cc gearbox variety.  Personally I have always felt that gearboxes are ok for trucks and anything that you use to tow your racing machinery to the circuit. 

I find that it sharpens me up for the lumbering PnG cars but because it is so much of a chalk and cheese comparison I do not find that one leaks into the other.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:32:05 AM +0100 »

Yep I love this also. Got beta 5 but just about to try beta 6.

Michael Boylan

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 12:41:48 PM +0100 »

Yep I love this also. Got beta 5 but just about to try beta 6.

Hi Michael,

Yes, I have loaded Beta 6.  You get Rye House as a standard track and a fps counter too!

The latter has shown that my fps drops to single figures at places so there is something wrong with my system somewhere.

Might catch you on track some time.

I signed up for the hot lap competition being run by the French League but after 20 minutes of trying to find my way out of the pits at Kerpen I lost the will to live and went to do PnG instead.

Cheers

Clive

Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 06:12:29 PM +0000 »

The demo is fairly addicting. I had planned on buying it, but now there are so many Sims competing now. I am content with just owning the demo for now.

Sunday Driver
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 06:34:08 PM +0000 »

It's moved on a tad since I last looked.  Now at Beta12b!

I shall have to take another look.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 12:59:38 PM +0100 »

And Clive? How is this game nowadays? it is at beta 14c, but is it fully playable yet?
I noticed there where some new updates/features. http://www.virtualr.net/kart-racing-pro-new-beta-trailer-screenshots

Looks like a good one. Can get to race my 7 year old son now, who now wants to upgrade from MarioKarts!  laugh
I rate Piboso highly as i have tried his Beta 6 version of GP-Bikes, which is very, very good physics wise. Will get that title for sure when completed.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:46:37 PM +0100 »

It was very good when I last tried it but I was a tad worried that the violent wheel action was likely to break my G25!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com