by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 11:47:30 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-A R4: January 19, 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-A (TC65) - Round 4, Magny-Cours Club - Jan 19  (Read 6734 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:56:53 PM +0000 »

UKGTL - Season 0-A (TC65) - Round 4 at Magny-Cours Club

Please make sure you have read at least the Driving Standards section of the SimRacing rules before racing.

Date: Thursday 19th January

Practice 1: 8:30pm (15 mins)
Qual 2: 8:45pm (25 mins)
Race: 9:10pm (20 mins - 24 laps)

Cars allowed: Any TC65 Class car.
Track: Magny-Cours Club
Time of Day Setting: 22:00 (NIGHT RACE)

Server: SimRacing.co.uk (UKGTL)

See UKGTL Season 0 Announcement post for extra information on Season 0.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:10:56 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:05:13 PM +0000 »

Stange, not very many posts here  Shocked, the night race must scare people off I guess. It sounds like a fun idea, but it's not a smart idea. Night racing is just too hard on the system and hardly anybody can run smoothly at night. I have to turn things down on my PIV 3.2 with X800PE, and that says pretty much.
I will be in a Mini and will see if anybody else joins  Cheesy.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 06:12:40 PM +0000 »

I'm sure I will be there (ADSL permitting, seems okay tonight), just haven't got anything interesting to say about it. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 06:47:31 PM +0000 »

Stange, not very many posts here  Shocked, the night race must scare people off I guess. It sounds like a fun idea, but it's not a smart idea. Night racing is just too hard on the system and hardly anybody can run smoothly at night. I have to turn things down on my PIV 3.2 with X800PE, and that says pretty much.
I will be in a Mini and will see if anybody else joins  Cheesy.

Night racing doesn't do anything for me, the lights aren't realistic enough for me to enjoy it. :'(

It would be great fun as I think the club circuit is the small little rectangle shape layout isnt it? I think we had a fun race there ages ago didn't we? if so it was a blast in the mini  Cool I'm sure people will really enjoy it anyway  Smiley

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 07:29:27 PM +0000 »

Think I'll also take a Mini for this.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Pero_Grozni

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 07:31:01 PM +0000 »

Oh - Will join Ruskus as well just to keep him company. Grin
 Will have to drive without lights if I am to have any chances at all of driving  Tongue- my comp is really not up to night racing.  Roll Eyes
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 07:38:34 PM +0000 »

Oh - Will join Ruskus as well just to keep him company. Grin
 Will have to drive without lights if I am to have any chances at all of driving  Tongue- my comp is really not up to night racing.  Roll Eyes
Using stealth mode than  Tongue. Gonna be fun for the people you overtake... Grin
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 07:57:59 PM +0000 »

Will see how my ADSL fares over the next 30 minutes but right now it's looking about as stable as a chocolate teapot. :'(

To finish first, first you must have fins.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 08:04:47 PM +0000 »

Sounds like my connection last night. You're not on Tiscali are you?  Smiley

I don't think I'm going to be able to do this race guys - just tried Magny in the dark, and I get a lovely slideshow where there should be a game - I'm afraid my computer just isn't up to it Sad
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 08:15:06 PM +0000 »

Because it's a night race one of the graphics settings you can whack down and you wont notice is shadows. Set it at low or medium as you can't see them at night anyway. Turning down headlight effect is reasonable too. On the lowest setting it only lights the track, medium it lights track and cars and to a certain degree edge of circuit and at high it lights cars, track and everything else.

Other big performance boosters (if you haven't already done them). In your .plr file...

Trackside Characters="0"
Disable All Character Anims="1"

And running with Anti Aliasing is a performance hit so turn that off in the 3dconfig. AA at night is not worth it really as you can't see anything anyway. So if something has to give just for one race then make it be AA.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 09:47:56 PM +0000 »

I thought I'd accidently loaded up Destruction Derby tonight... crazy stuff! Entered Q2 late with just enough time for a couple of laps. Got somewhere in the teens and then got a fantastic start and saw myself into single figures as we approached the first corner. Unfortunately I received a big whack from behind and it span me off and I stalled the engine. By the time I got going I was so last it's just not funny  :'( The rest of lap one saw cars flashing on and off constantly and you just couldn't tell where anyone was. Hit an Alfa that suddenly materialised parked across the track in front of me and took both headlights out... rest of the race in darkness Roll Eyes Grin
Ended up 8th in the end but got a stop/go on the very last corner of the very last lap and was shunted down the leaderboard as I watched the AI drive the car. Doh!

Great fun as usual- GTL is brill for close racing. I thought we all probably should have been mindful of the night setting and taken extra care around each other though to be honest- it wasn't funny without headlights Wink

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 09:50:26 PM +0000 »

Well, that was an interesting one!

I wasn't planning on racing but the temptation overwhelmed me at about 10 mins before kickoff  Grin

I experienced a few technical problems. Framerate was fine but I had the disappearing car thing on lap 1 or 2 (sorry, don't remember exactly) when I was behind Mark Jonzo, he disappeared for a moment and poof! I was in front of him  Undecided

Truetom was stopped dead on the track, I'm guessin this is the old GTR "stuck ghost car" bug, I didn't try to drive through him to test though!

Had a great race with Don for about 10 laps until he made a small mistake and braked a bit late for T1, lucky for me or I'd never had got past!

Saw Shark looming in my rear view for a while and defended valianty until he dropped back, not sure what happened there.

I wasn't paying much too much attention to my position until I noticed I was 4th and JonM hit the pits putting me in 3rd!!! Fantastic, especially as my lap times were around the 52s mark, a bit of tortoise and hare going on there I think! I probably had the slowest 'fastest lap'!

Guess there were plenty of incidents in the dark and I played it safe.

Anyhoo, the driving standard was excellent all round tonight, best so far apart from a couple of niggles;
1. PLEASE, NO CHAT DURING QUALIFYING!
2. Speeding in the pit lane during qualifying is not OK either, please use the limiter.

Pops.

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 09:52:11 PM +0000 »

Frame rate was low on lap 1 but after that fine. 20 on lap 1 (maybe a little less) and then 35-50 for the rest I'd say usually over 40.

Lap 1 was a mess, there were cars dissapearing and reappearing all over the shop, after 3/4 of lap 1 is settled for me and was fine for the rest of the race. Have to say the online stuff has been less solid than GTR or rFactor (GTR major bugs aside, the actual solid connection stuff has been better in GTR than GTL). I wonder if there really was a very good reason 16 was the player limit to start with. Anyway, there you go.

Rest of the race, well too much to write, snatched 5th on last corner.

Oh and Falcon versus Mini, errrrrrrrr, Mini loses. Any sort of contact from the yank tanks and those minis just get chucked off like a rubber doll.  Grin Shocked Tongue

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 09:55:55 PM +0000 »

Saw Shark looming in my rear view for a while and defended valianty until he dropped back, not sure what happened there.

Apparently I got taken out by my Team mate. Didn't have a clue at the time, was happily following had an awkward moment coming through last chicane with an Abarth back marker and I guess peeps behind didn't expect us to be going slower.

One thing I noticed was that with the name tags on the mirror was virtually useless as the headlights of cars behind just muffled out of view with the really bright white line and name tag so it was hard to see what the person behind was doing. Wish i'd turned it off now, but there you go.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 09:56:47 PM +0000 »

Tough one tonight. But proved that there are no best cars in this class.
Quallified in 2nd just 0:00.011 behind JonM. Took 1st in lap one and just a few laps later he kamikazed me and took 1st. Soon afterwards I took the lead again and stayed there.
Was very crowded at the track but no problems with lapping people.
100% win record, too bad this ain't the real season with million dollar prizemoney. Tongue

P.S. I think it was Minton I hit at qually. I couldn't avoid it anymore in the last chicane, sorry for that. Hope I didn't cost you the fastest time  Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com