by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 11:23:38 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-A R4: January 19, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-A (TC65) - Round 4, Magny-Cours Club - Jan 19  (Read 6778 times)
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 10:01:33 PM +0000 »

Well that was horrid, I waited patiently for the countdown, looked up and saw green, and went, except they were the pit lights, doh! stop/go. Anyway it didn't matter as I got hit badly at the start with everyone else, I saw one guy go over the pit wall! Before all this I managed to get the join but can see nobody bug I enjoy so much. and there was the stuck Truetom bug, and the dissapearing cars bug.... Hmm.

Anyway I drove like a twat, sorry about that guys  Embarrassed

I'm with Shark, this game just isnt stable online really for me even when its not near the previous 16 limit. I remember rF was released with 16 reccomended max, and as this is rF0.9+SimBin extra's I'm thinking its stuck like that.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 10:04:20 PM +0000 »

Nice race  Smiley Great overtaking on the last lap shark, I couldn't believe it Shocked There I was thinking about nicking 5th and all of a sudden I'm in 7th. Classic  Wink I had trouble in the race at the last corner before s/f line, just couldn't judge it in the dark and paid the stop/go penalty  Sad  I also cocked up big time coming in for stop/go, totally missed the pitlane hit the barrier and had to go around one more time  Embarrassed Enjoyed the race nevertheless, had a few battling laps with Ruskus in his mini and MAD R-I-P in his alfa. Sorry for misjudged braking Ruskus, I'll have to report myself.

Trackside Characters="0"
Disable All Character Anims="1"

WTF tried this after the race and got 35fps increase Shocked I just can't believe it. Why is this not an option ingame. I'm sure everyone would sacrifice these an extra 50% increase in fps.

Adam Parle
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 10:06:50 PM +0000 »

Not my favorite track by any means, although with the number of people that we had on track, you were always going to be in a battle with people.
I started 13th, a little off the pace, but steered clear of trouble, and was soon in a crowd from 8th-12th.  Don't remember going past more than a couple of people.  Was 8th when I was on lap 21/22 (I think) when I noticed a shadow in my rear view, Paul W had snuck up on me - I didn't see him due to his knackered lights, he muscled past me on what turned out to be the last lap, but I guess he got a stop/go so I finished 8th - and in the points, so I'm well happy with that!
Should be able to make tomorrow's race, although neither of the next 2 races are my favorite tracks - I'll definately see if I can better tonights performance.
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 10:07:27 PM +0000 »

Had fun racing with Mark and a couple of others, well until I got a DQ again.
Might finish one of these races one day. Smiley

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 10:07:35 PM +0000 »

Trackside Characters="0"
Disable All Character Anims="1"

WTF tried this after the race and got 35fps increase Shocked I just can't believe it. Why is this not an option ingame. I'm sure everyone would sacrifice these an extra 50% increase in fps.

Trackside Characters is in the advanced options in game actually.

Disable All Character Anims is only in plr though. Thing with that is you wont get marshals waving flags with those off so you have to rely on HUD for blue flags and stuff (which is fine by me, never look for little orange chaps anyway).

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 10:14:52 PM +0000 »

Sorry for misjudged braking Ruskus, I'll have to report myself.

Hope you are kdding there mate  Cheesy. Not need to report at all, I might have braked too early there, because it was at the beginning of the race and I couldn't find the braking/turning point. So I'll report myself in and do some jailtime  Wink
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 10:36:29 PM +0000 by Dave Gymer » Logged
Minton
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 10:23:39 PM +0000 »

Well not one of my best races qualified third which i was pleased with. Got smashed to pieces in the first corner probably because my car was jumping all over the place as my frame rate was about 12.  Carried on even though my car had a 100 degrees toe out on the left front and then got hit again half way round the first lap again probably due to my frame rate being so bad. Sorry if i screwed up anybodies race but i did turn down most of the grapics settings but it didnt make much difference.
FPS didnt get any better during the race but still enjoyed myself  Smiley.

No worries for the bump in practice Ruskus, my lap couldnt have been that good as you were catching me fast. Wink
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 10:28:07 PM +0000 »

Sorry for misjudged braking Ruskus, I'll have to report myself.

Hope you are kdding there mate  Cheesy. Not need to report at all, I might have braked too early there, because it was at the beginning of the race and I couldn't find the braking/turning point. So I'll report myself in and do some jailtime  Wink

Grin
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 10:37:26 PM +0000 by Dave Gymer » Logged

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 10:33:41 PM +0000 »

Replay is up.

Couldn't really enjoy that. Had trouble seeing far enough ahead to judge the turn-in points accurately, so my lines were a bit erratic. Was never fully in control as a result. Don't think I'll bother with any more night races.

Frame rate was fine after turning off anti-aliasing. Was disappointing to see lots of bad warp though. Think we had 19 starters, GTL does appear to be less stable than GTR for actual online racing.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 10:40:57 PM +0000 »

Qualified well, made a good start then had the mother of all battles with Rsms PG ( I think,sorry if I'm wrong  Embarrassed ) was concentrating too much on the race!  When he seemed to understeer on the s/f line so I dived in and managed to make it stick, hope I didn't tap you or anything. Then had a good 'ol fight with JonM got past once but then he got me back when I understeered at T1  Angry . Tyres seemed to be losing grip so I just dropped back little bit for the next few laps. Ruskus I just could not catch you. But hopefully we kept you honest!  Wink

Then JonM went into pits and I was in second WTF  Shocked
frame rate was a bit kak, 30 ish, and saw a lot of warping on first lap, I've got a 6600GT so I am a little surprised at this but hey ho wasn't too bad.  May try the plr file tips to see if they make any difference

Not going to be able to make the next week races 'cos I'm on nights  :'(

cya people

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006, 10:47:38 PM +0000 »

Had trouble seeing far enough ahead to judge the turn-in points accurately, so my lines were a bit erratic. Was never fully in control as a result. Don't think I'll bother with any more night races.

Once you get used to not waiting till you see turn in points and instead just turn in early it becomes a lot easier. That's part of night racing, driving by heart rather than sight.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 11:18:23 PM +0000 »

Ruskus I just could not catch you. But hopefully we kept you honest!  Wink
Did you!!!!, Absolutely. At the end when people were being lapped my heart started pounding hard because you were still very close by. I was looking more in the rearview mirror than straight on Smiley.
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2006, 11:21:48 PM +0000 »

Doh!!!!!

Looked while at work today and couldn't see any race tonight ( should have gone to SpecSavers) oh well when is the next one  lol
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 11:29:10 PM +0000 »

Qualed 5th, pb for me in a Falcon, under 50 sec, was quite satisfied. Started well, gaining on Mad-Ripp, then got disconected. Wtf!  Angry
Pero_Grozni

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 12:10:11 AM +0000 »

Really enjoyed the battle with Madd - I did feel a tap once, but nothing out of the ordianry - just normal racing. Sadly couldnt run consistent laps so lost tuch with the leaders soon and than started to close again. Than I got a few cut warnings and A Stop/Go. After serving it I rejoined just behind Ruskus and than made space for Madd and Jon(I think). After that I tried to go for a good time, but got another stop/go and abandoned the race.
It was horrid for me though as I really cant get along with the Mini and also in the dark I have to have the lights turned off to even be able to play. So it is no wonder I got the Cut track warnings. Ruskus was fantastic again - I had nothing to counter him this time (I will just blame my inability to drive the Mini properly).

Too bad that I missed that .plr file trick - might have helped me a bit. Anyhow I am looking forward for tommorow,I just hope that l will be back on pace though

About the pit speeding - sorry about that, wont happen again.  Embarrassed

Cheers PG
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com