by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 04:13:51 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-A R5: January 20, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-A (TC65) - Round 5, Nurburgring GP - Jan 20  (Read 9387 times)
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 10:12:52 PM +0000 »

Race started, was following Shark and Jon, waiting for a mistake of either and then disco in L2. Angry

WTF! That's twice in a row! Huh Huh Huh
BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!

Got a disco, tried to rejoin but said game was full although it was showing 23/24 Angry

Damn unlucky penguins  Sad Hope it doesn't happen again. Only prob I had was coming out of last corner on last lap fps dropped to 15  Shocked Was just grateful it didn't happen earlier  Wink

Well what can I say about the race. Quality stuff racing with Shark in his lotus and me in the Alfa. The whole race was just one big battle between us, never could get properly ahead, and Shark never failed to spot an opportunity to breeze straight past when I did. Tried my best to pressure him but everytime I asked a question of him he answered. There was some great close racing going on but I never felt that there was going to be any contact. It was so easy to get really close under braking, would never dare do that in GTR. If the races are half as good as that in season 1 I'll be a happy bunny  Grin
Grats Ruskus on pole and Victory Smiley 5 in row  Cool Cool Cool

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 10:18:53 PM +0000 »

Replay is now up. I had to call in special help to perform surgery on a troublesome umlaut.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Pero_Grozni

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2006, 10:19:28 PM +0000 »

Not really happy about this race myself - had fastest lap in the race, but couldnt close the gap enought to threthen for the lead.
I tried overtaking Dan a couple of times into turn one, but coudlnt make it stick. No idea if we touched some times or not - Sorry for any touches that I coused - they surely werent intentional. You had brilliant traction through the second corner - I couldnt follow that in the Supertanker.
About my wobbling ingame - I had terrible framerates of around 15~20 and also quite high ping. Not really great this evening, but I blame that on the friday net traffic.
And half of the wobbling most certanly had to be my driving - I was more or less all over the place.
Also had a comingtogether with a falcon near the end of the race. The falcon was stationary in T1 on the alternative line through that corner and I just couldnt do anything so we touched - really sorry about that.
And sorry for starting chatting too soon - completly forgot about that after the race Roll Eyes

Minton
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2006, 10:21:31 PM +0000 »

Ruskus " But for some reason I could outbrake him in T1 in the last lap"

Yeah i should a have blocked you there but i new you were going for it and didnt want too spoil a great race with a silly collision. Wink
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 10:24:36 PM +0000 by Minton » Logged
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 10:22:17 PM +0000 »

Joined, Ghost track.

Joined, Ghost track.

Joined, Disco'd

Joined, Managed to stay in (finally FFS, far worse than GTR normally)

Anyway the race was superb. I started by knocking Dave Gymer off the track... Soz dude.

After that I was fighting with Sponsored for an age, which became a three car tussle. I made a mistake went to be back of the three, then overtook them both from mid way around the track, fantastic.

Eventually my stupid brake balance killed me, and sent me off (again, I'd had lots of sideways into corner moments) but way off the track. Got back with Lightnin! Who I thought would be easy meat, but he raced very well Eventually there was an upside down car at the last chicane, looked like a ghost car, Lightnin! slowed down, I didn't :-) After that, got done by my brakes again, and slid into the first hairpin, when and Lightnin! hit me back around the correct way, nice one, away we go again.

Cut the last chicane on the last lap to take the glory from Lightnin! but not the place as that gave me a stop and go... I knew it would.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Minton
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2006, 10:26:18 PM +0000 »

No worries with the touching Grozni think it was 50/50 . Enjoyed the battle mate.
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2006, 10:28:28 PM +0000 »

10 fps in qual.
Bit of lag at the start.
Settled down ok.
Major fps drop for the last lap.

On to the race :
Fantastic stuff with Aagramn and Pops, best racing in a long time, thanks guys. I decided to air on the side of caution in the end as the cortina was horrid under breaking for the last 4 laps, had I pusehed it anymore I would have taken us all off.
Overall great stuff and my first ever points finish in gtl Grin
What a nice difference it is to have a decent gp track to race on.

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 10:37:54 PM +0000 »

Know I just had a long race, but is anyone else still hungry?

I wanna race again!

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2006, 10:41:25 PM +0000 »

By a happy co-incidence, my next cup race is in a Cortina at Nurbergring GP. I'm only a few races away from owning that GT40 now.  Cool

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2006, 10:42:50 PM +0000 »

That track seems a great leveller. Shame I had fps issues at start as well.

Truly great fun battling Tom in a cortina, Fozz in the Alfa and Mo Turtle  Grin. That was after I got swamped on grid as well, it could be a mini thing Wink. Hard enough battling Fozz normally but the Alfa gave him that little extra grunt and without a kamikaze move there was nothing, I think I tried everyting, I could do until he slipped up. Tom was a different matter, had the edge on him through chicane but he was faster elsewhere which led to some 5/6 passes, great stuff. After getting a warning avoiding a breakdancing Mo, I finally cut the chicane too much and got a stupid stop/go. Didn't want to leave the fray so carried on and got d.q instead.

Only disappointing thing was losing to Pop's mini. I can see its going to get personal  Wink.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2006, 10:46:39 PM +0000 »

Ruskus " But for some reason I could outbrake him in T1 in the last lap"

Yeah i should a have blocked you there but i new you were going for it and didnt want too spoil a great race with a silly collision. Wink
I hope I didn't block you too much. I was really fighting in the end and almost lost in a few corners before the finish. Luckily you hit my rear instead of flying past me or else this would have been your win Cheesy.
Of all the cars I've driven, the Mustang is my least favourite.
But as you can see, there is no "best" car, only the most suitable car for you.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2006, 10:49:22 PM +0000 »

I've altered some settings on the server to see if we can get rid of some of these net glitches for the next race.

They may make no difference what-so-ever, but can't harm anything.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2006, 10:53:56 PM +0000 »

My practice consisted of exactly 3 laps in the Mustank. Didn't like it very much so I decided to give the Alfa a second chance. Horrible snap oversteer under braking but a very small brake balance tweak cured that; lovely smooth engine even if you do have to rev the nuts off it!

Was comprehensively outquallified by... well, pretty much everyone. Never mind, qually was never my strong point. Got a stonking start (whoever was in front was stopped dead - was that Matjaz?), dunno what position I was in by T1 but I swept past quite a few on my way there. I guess the Minis struggle to get off the line, being wrong wheel drive?

Things went horribly wrong early on - in all the excitement I completely missed the braking for Valvoline on lap 1 and slid off, no harm done but loads of places lost. Worse was to come though as a Mini came barrelling down the hill into into Dunlop; I chose to run wide instead of turn in on him, next thing I know somebody (Fozz I think based on his apology after the race Cheesy ) must've either missed his braking point or lost control and sideswiped me off into the kitty litter. Oops. Roll Eyes Cheesy

First laps in GTL S0 are still way too frenzied - we all need to calm down a bit I think. Undecided

The good news is that those early offs set me up for...

Still, finally settled into it and had a great battle with Dave Gymer - then some inconsiderate person knocked down the polystyrene yard markers for the last chicane, making me miss my braking point Smiley As I slid wide and Dave went past, I shook my virtual fist at him Smiley

... an awesome tussle with EdamSpeed. I kept him behind for a good few laps before finally running wide coming out of the arena area and allowing him past. Then he got caught up behind a backmarker at the end of a lap and I slipped back past, only to be taken again after another mistake from me. He had a lead of a second or so and I just couldn't make any impression on it until the very last lap - I thought you let me past deliberately on the last lap after wibbling up the NGK chicane, now I know it wasn't intentional I feel better about finishing ahead of you. Grin

Best race I've had for quite a while. Wasn't sure my connection would hold up - was getting some lag at the end of qually while I watched other people's lines, then it dropped sync once before coming back. The race was fine, although it was a bit stuttery at the start with relatively poor framerate.

Tyres were just starting to show signs of overheating on the last few laps - don't think I'd want to do any more than 30 minutes.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2006, 10:56:28 PM +0000 »

One thing that is coming over very clearly is that if we do race all 6 cars in TC-65, the groups of similarly matched cars (Yank Tanks, Super Saloons, Little 'Uns) need to run in their own championships, and when cars in different championships meet, they generally need to cooperate rather than try to race each other, otherwise the bigger one will simply shove the smaller one off the track, usually unintentionally. Shocked

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2006, 11:01:13 PM +0000 »

One thing that is coming over very clearly is that if we do race all 6 cars in TC-65, the groups of similarly matched cars (Yank Tanks, Super Saloons, Little 'Uns) need to run in their own championships

Not sure i agree with that. Tonight there were the 5 of us up front within 4 seconds at the end of 30 mins. 2 tanks and 3 super saloons. Different circuits suit different cars, but not sure they should be in different classes and we were not too unevenly matched especially on the proper circuits rather than the stupid Club circuits. I think the Abarth and Jag are in a class of their own but i dont suppose anyone will take them as they are utter shite.

and when cars in different championships meet, they generally need to cooperate rather than try to race each other, otherwise the bigger one will simply shove the smaller one off the track, usually unintentionally. Shocked

Agree with that.  Grin Grin Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com