Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 03:28:09 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S22Int Zolder: February 14, 2012
February 14, 2012, 10:39:43 PM +0000 - Zolder (1986-2001) - UKGPL Season 22 (2011-2012) Intermediate (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ronniepeterson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 1 1:34.764
---
1 43:32.181
---
27 1:35.450
---
Goodyear  
s2173
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.145
---
2 +0.258
---
27 1:34.362
---
Goodyear  
Caracciola

Honda RA272 F1 1965 4 +0.797
---
3 (+1) +27.012
---
27 1:35.756
---
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 5 +0.812
---
4 +46.107
---
27 1:36.019
---
Goodyear  
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 3 +0.740
---
5 +53.966
---
27 1:35.979
---
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +1.932
---
6 +1:22.181
---
27 1:36.697
---
Goodyear  
JonnyO
 Team Coyote
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +2.854
---
7 +1:26.199
---
27 1:36.945
---
Dunlop  
francesco
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 9 +3.102
---
8 +1L
---
26 1:37.376
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 10 +4.048
---
9 +1:16.928
---
26 1:38.751
---
Goodyear  
DuFossa
 Team Coyote
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 11 +8.775
---
10 +24L
---
3 1:40.774
---
Goodyear  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 6 +1.608
---
11 +26L
---
1 1:44.244
---
Goodyear  
8 UKGPL

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 12 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

A tight circuit and some good racing but drivers are reminded that you cannot wheel bash in GPL. The physics model just won't allow it so leave some racing room, especially in the first few turns. It won't harm to take a wide line on Lap 1 and it might save a reset or a visit to the Stewards!

Server replay time: 0h01m01s

Maxime takes a tight line at T1 and Cookie (who is just ahead) tightens his line across him. There is a small touch and Cookie half spins but both drivers can continue. I should not have to remind drivers to leave racing room. Especially on Lap 1, Turn 1!

Server replay time: 0h01m15s

Bernie is a bit hot into T2 and outbrakes hiumself as Dave is slower than he expects. Jonny and Fran have to go wide to avoid him and Fran semi spins. Du Fossa is left with nowhere to go and give Bernie a reminder to turn the car round.

Once again, a reminder that you can't win the race in the first few turns - you can lose it though!

Server replay time: 0h02m41s

Dave spins and Maxime follows him into the gravel - outside of the red zone. They start an 'interesting' second lap

Server replay time: 0h03m54s

Rainier is a bit cautious on the brakes into the last complex approaching Bolderbergbocht and the extra speed Maxime is carrying is too much to lose leading to a shunt from behind - both can continue. This is careless of Maxime, the onus is on him to avoid Rainier.

The rules have this: "The victim was in full control but braked early (not counting lap 1) compared with the average for the division. The shunter had not followed the victim at a safe distance for a lap or two. The shunter was in full control."

Server replay time: 0h04m04s

Carraciola and Rinier finish their exciting lap and Francesco wishes they hadn't :(

Rainier moves to the left and squeezes Maxime leaving him nowhere to go. Unfortunately they collect Fran. This was careless of Rainier but they were racing three abreast at the time.

The best fit I can find for this is: "On a straight, the overtaking car moves out to overtake, maintains his line and has NOT achieved 100% overlap but the overtaken driver moves across into him. Penalty for overtaken driver."

This would normally attract a one place penalty but I have mitigated this to a warning given the tight nature of the track and the racing situation, bearing in mind that Rainier's sight was slightly impeded. He should have anticipated that Maxime was there though.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1965
1:34.362
103.208mph
s2173
Race
Brabham BT11 (Climax)February 14, 2012, 10:39:43 PM +0000
S22Int
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 22 (2011-2012) Intermediate (65) - Zolder - Feb 14  (Read 7445 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:07:39 PM +0000 »

UKGPL Season 22 65 Intermediates Trophy
Race 5 Zolder

Welcome to the fifth round of the Intermediates Trophy for Season 22.

This time we are at Zolder. A twisty track through the trees. We haven't raced here in the 65's so a bit of a trip into the unknown.

As with the previous tracks, there will be crashes and patience is a must. The first lap will be fully moderated within the red zone. The red zone will cover the whole of the the first lap

Please check the Season 22 pages for details regarding rules and the Intermediates Trophy pages in particular.

Please see the Intermediates registration thread for an explanation of the chassis allocations shown below:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=10017.0

Please ensure that you take a valid chassis for your group. Cookie and I will be keeping an eye on you! THIS IS IMPORTANT AS THE CHASSIS GROUPINGS AND YOUR SEEDING HAS CHANGED. Please check the Intermediate Chassis thread.

Group I
Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda, BT11, Cooper, BT7

GROUP 2
BRM, Honda, BT11, Cooper, BT7, Ferrari

GROUP 3
Honda, Cooper, BT7

GROUP 4
Cooper, BT7

GROUP 5
BT7

Intermediates
DRIVER  
 CHASSIS GROUP  
Billy Nobrakes
Carraciola
Cookie
Du Fossa
Vosblod
Geoff 65
Maddog
JonnyO
Francesco
Rainier
RonniePeterson
Karliss
S2173
Bernie
Ross Neilson
Steve Bird
ivandjj
maestro57

Race List = iGOR
Server = UKGPL8
IP address = TBA
Race date = 14/02/2012
Time = no later then 9:00pm UK Time (30-45 mins practice, race starts at 9:30pm)
Track = Zolder
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Int
Qualifying time = 30 minutes
Race length = 27 laps
Password: see above

Qualifying may start before 9pm, if so, Reserve drivers should leave the server when 35 minutes of qualifying remains and only rejoin when 30 minutes of qualifying is left. This is to ensure that Full Time drivers get priority in joining.

Please restrict chat to pit messages if necessary, and this includes the end of the race, until all running drivers have completed the necessary laps.

The Intermediates races are run under Int Long rules and all incidents in the red zone on Lap 1, at least, will be moderated. For this race, the red zone covers the whole of the first lap.

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used. You need a working installation of the 65 mod to install the 2.02 Update. All the 65 Mod files can be found here

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Password: see above
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:53:56 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
s2173

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:30:15 PM +0000 »

Pro's allways get the best tracks...  Sad

Who is the living, loving city of people without faces? The elevator is screaming in his claws.

The Red City, 43 Novctober 2173.
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:03:59 PM +0000 »

Zolder is the last version released for the F2,Right?
Sorry but for the privaters ,where i can read how many token i have?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:13:21 PM +0000 by francesco » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:08:40 PM +0000 »

Zolder is the last version released for the F2,Right?

No Fran, it is the old one from 2002, but with the Caballero upgrade it looks a little better!

This new one is not yet released...

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 11:16:43 PM +0000 »

Sorry but for the privaters ,where i can read how many token i have?

Hover your cursor over the TOTAL points on the championship results page here

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=336&theme=6

Grin
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 08:24:17 AM +0000 »

A fitting password for a race at Zolder......

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 06:15:44 PM +0000 »

Thank you to both,Cookie and Bernie.
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:55:35 PM +0000 »

Looks like we're gonna have to peg Ray back soon or he'll run away and hide with the Cup!!! Happy Birthday mate....we brought you a present, but you still had to earn it!
Qually was a bit crap for me....all week on and off on the practice server there were no problems. Come race day and FPS issues in Qually. Spent most of the time trying to land a frame rate better than 24, ending up having to run in a lower res than usual to maintain 36fps. Only managed 4 laps in Qually, setting my best lap on the 1st flying lap. Interesting that 3rd to 5th on the grid were covered by only .072 of a second. Very Close!!

Got a good start in the race and managed to miss the little bumping duel in T1 to snatch 3rd for a couple of laps....til Cookie got close again and started insisting he get by. I let him by between T1 and the dreaded T2/3 combination and latched onto his gearbox for the next couple of laps. Thru the fast L/Hander I let myself get a little too close to Axel and lost a good view of the road. It dropped the R/Rear wheel off the tarmac and flung me into the flagpoles. 1 reset and SnG to go. That was effectively the end of my race, as there was going to be no coming back from there. We were all too close in times, and pushing hard to try and close Maxx down only succeeded in slowing me up. I couldn't buy a 1:35 lap anywhere.....even though I'd done a 35.6 in practice on race fuel, after only 3 or 4 flying laps. Just wasn't happening today, so I settled into a groove and accepted 5th. Unfortunately for Axel, engine gremlins forced him to reset and SnG. I pushed hard for a lap trying to get closer to perhaps have a crack at him, as he was back on a full fuel load. Only managed to spin myself in T1 somehow.....not spun there at all in practice.....go figure. Kept going and settled down for 5th.......again. Suddenly, Axel seemed much closer. He must have lost some time somewhere on the previous lap. I pushed again hoping to cause some consternation in the other Honda camp perhaps to get a crack at him after all.  Last lap and poor Axel got the T2/3 combo wrong and went off to play sandcastles. I was lucky to have been gifted 4th place and now 3rd in the title hunt. But Ray and Sky were the class acts tonight, Ray for winning and Sky actually finishing 2nd.....and, with a very impressive fast lap to boot. It'll be a Honda for you sonny Jim, if you keep that behavior up.... Grin Congratulations to Maxx as well for a fine, tidy 3rd. Looking forward to Panchine....nice track.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:00:02 AM +0000 by Geoff65 » Logged

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
s2173

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 12:28:45 AM +0000 »

Now this is racing... I wasnt too eager to win in first place, second was good enough, and... win is just a win, a good close racing is much more rare... not too many passing spots on that track too... and Ronnie was solid like a rock, not one mistake. I was faster, but span once an hit the wall twice at that hairy downhill chicane... with so solid setup and perfectly heating tyres, I pushed it hard to see how fast it can go, and it did go fast, but the car didnt sound happy... im still missing something about 65's. Through the whole race I stayed in range of 3/0.03 secs of Ronnie, and it was fuuun.

Now just to check the replay to see what I did to Rainier.... Geoff was close behind in starting laps, Cookie later... didnt see no Rainer raining in my mirrors...  but i bet its something that will give me 5 penalty points atleast.  Tongue

Who is the living, loving city of people without faces? The elevator is screaming in his claws.

The Red City, 43 Novctober 2173.
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 11:14:32 AM +0000 »

First off an apology for my lap 1 misdemeanour , braking hard on full tanks and cold tyres [mitigation] to avoid a rear end collision with the Honda of Rainier[/mitigation]   lost the rear end and gyrated , fortunately all involved managed to make spectacular avoidances , Well done chaps and hope I didnt spoil your race as much as I ruined my own . Took up the chase from what seems to be a familiar last place only to get caught up in the chicken wire while trying too hard to take a place back from arch rival Billy . This set me right back after the compulsory S&G .

The rest of the race was spent trying to close down JohnnyO  , I could see him ahead (just ) but his well driven Coop was just to fast for me to get close,  until after many laps he made a small mistake in the twisty bits and allowed me through to what had become 6th place . Just about par for me so cant complain about the result

Grats to R R P for a fine win and Sky for giving him something to do other than drive off into the (rising) sun , seems this track was made for the honda power boys  Smiley  
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:17:26 AM +0000 by bernie » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 12:05:00 PM +0000 »

Yeah,
I would love to drive a BRM to have something competitive to Sky's BT11...

My race was good on a save 3rd place until my engine blew 5 laps before the finish line  Angry
With this weight again and distroyed concentration I made my mistakes
The S+G made Max pass me, and saying to myself "just one save lap to go", I made this stupid mistake into T3...

Grats to Ronnie! Win on BD!  thumbup2

Cheers
Axel

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 04:29:47 PM +0000 »

Looks like we're gonna have to peg Ray back soon or he'll run away and hide with the Cup!!! Happy Birthday mate....we brought you a present, but you still had to earn it!

I wish I was running away with it but with half the season still to go and the two worst races to be discarded I think its still wide open, the way it should be!

Thanks for the presents last night.(pole and a win).

However I feel a little guilty as Sky was clearly faster both in qualifying and the race. I was good for a low 1.35 but was never going to get close to his 1.34 in qualifying. Then with the clock ticking down I grabbed a fortuitous slipstream behind Max, I think, and got across the line in a 1.34.76 to my astonishment. Having got pole I knew that if I could get to the first corner in front I had a chance as passing was going to be tricky on this track. Having got a clean start I tried to drive cleanly with a consistant line in the hope of making fewer mistakes to keep Sky at bay. He kept me on my toes the whole race. He was clearly faster and every time I thought I had a small gap he simply reeled me in again. But the fact I was in front and could possibly get on the gas a little earlier onto the straights gave me just and I mean just, enough of an advantage to stay ahead.  I was aware of a couple of times he might have tried to outbreak me into turn 1 but he seemed to think better of it. So like pole I do feel like I nicked his win as well. Great race Sky and grats to Max as well.

Tough break with the engine Axel but I'm sure Geoff is not complaining.

See you all at Panchine.

Caracciola

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 04:41:45 PM +0000 »

Sad Sad Embarrassed Embarrassed Sad Sad Undecided Undecided Sad Sad Embarrassed Embarrassed Sad Sad

Dave si tu me lis, je suis vraiment désolé pour hier soir, je ne sais pas trop ce qui c'est passé vraiment, surtout au 3ème accrochage.
En '65 on a le sentiment de ne pas se toucher et finalement  Embarrassed ... Mais je crois que le pire c'est mon freinage aggressif Sad , le nez dans tes échappements ... J'ai détruit notre course qui pouvait s'annoncer distrayante  Tongue . Je suis d'autant navré que j'ai cru comprendre que tu avais connu la même mésaventure auparavant à Assen. Milles excuses donc, et je m'engage dorénavant à ce que cela ne se reproduise plus.

Sad Sad Embarrassed Embarrassed  Sad SadUndecided Undecided  Sad SadEmbarrassed Embarrassed Sad Sad

These are some apologies for Dave.

First laps were very bad for me, very hard fight with Dave, who had to retire his car.
The rest of the race was to catch the leaders. Luckily, i finish 3rd, thanks to pits stop.  Wink

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:43:59 PM +0000 by Caracciola » Logged
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 07:53:06 PM +0000 »

Now just to check the replay to see what I did to Rainier....

Skymole, I don't think you were involved in an accident with my car (at least in Zolder, but it happened in Rouen GT).

I had 2 or 3 collisions with Maxime on the lap 2 and I preferred to quit the race because I was completely disgusted.

I also see  Francesco had alerted the moderation about me ...but I really don't know what happened with him  Huh

If I counted all the races where I had an accident with other drivers during the 2 or 3 first laps, it would be certainly close to 75%    Sad
so I am not sure to continue, I will see.

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 11:04:07 PM +0000 »

Now just to check the replay to see what I did to Rainier....

Skymole, I don't think you were involved in an accident with my car (at least in Zolder, but it happened in Rouen GT).

I had 2 or 3 collisions with Maxime on the lap 2 and I preferred to quit the race because I was completely disgusted.

I also see  Francesco had alerted the moderation about me ...but I really don't know what happened with him  Huh

If I counted all the races where I had an accident with other drivers during the 2 or 3 first laps, it would be certainly close to 75%    Sad
so I am not sure to continue, I will see.

Sorry but no way , that is NOT a valid reason for quitting UKGPL  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com