The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:35:23 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic GT & Touring cars v1.90  (Read 2968 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:23:12 PM +0000 »

I remember this was one of the first mods I played when I started simming in 2009. I also remember how frustrating it was to get my head around the rF ffb with realfeel/leo's and how after a couple of months I eventually ditched it for GTL and PnG.

With the recent update of the mod to 1.9 and some great reviews, I decided to give it another try and I must say I'm knocked out by it. It takes a bit of setting up to get it feeling nice, but it's well worth it imo.

The mod is more GTL than PnG in it's origins. The physics and feel are a big step up from GTL imo, while the cars are much more fun than PnG with none of that frustrating understeer which just kills my enjoyment. Difficult to describe, but the cars just seem to behave as you imagine them to......and the sounds are unbelievably good  Cool

http://historicgt.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=7

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 01:41:05 PM +0000 »

is that for Rf1 rather than rf2?  Hoping that the best mods of Rf1 will get ported over to rf2 anyway at some point. They released some superb looking historics & GT mods over the last few years but by then i had removed rf from my HD as i didnt like the floaty feel. The new one is much better  Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:11:22 PM +0000 »

is that for Rf1 rather than rf2?  Hoping that the best mods of Rf1 will get ported over to rf2 anyway at some point. They released some superb looking historics & GT mods over the last few years but by then i had removed rf from my HD as i didnt like the floaty feel. The new one is much better  Smiley

It's for rF1 MJ. I wouldn't be holding my breath for this to be ported over to rF2 either.

The floaty feel is what put me off rF1, this is a massive improvement. And it has 8 different 911s between '66 and '75, all of them with very different feel and sounds Wink

Edit: Here's a nice guide to setting up and understanding the ffb in rF....

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242549

And here's a car list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0AuXWeWYSnKibdG0ySEtVbWRUNEZjTm5YVi1NZzlHRXc&rm=full
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:45:21 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:44:55 PM +0000 »

hmm, yes i do remember this mod and did at the time intend to reinstall rF just for it. I still have the cd but lost my sign up codes for it and have rebuilt my pc about 3 times over since then as well as moved house ! so not much chance of getting back online with it.

Would seem a bit daft to reinstall it all now that i have rF2 i guess  Undecided though i do fancy giving that mod a go.

I would say that alot of the best mods will get converted, and have read as much on forums. Rf has quite a huge community and i expect they will want the same great mods on a shiny new platform  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:03:59 PM +0000 »

jeebers that is surely a mouth watering line up of vintage racing cars  drool

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 09:49:29 PM +0100 »

For those who might be interested in a little Wednesday evening Historx, MARA will be starting a season shortly and would welcome new drivers.

http://mara.grandprixgarage.net/forum/4

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:53:06 PM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 07:45:53 PM +0100 »

Viewing the car list and still have rFactor on my disc, your mail got me interested...

Here's the download link for noobs like me (who couldn't find it):

http://historicgt.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=31415

Now to download over 1 gig...

Edit: between 2 and 3 gig!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:54:47 PM +0100 by Alex vV » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com