Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 10:59:02 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S22Int Panchine: February 28, 2012
February 28, 2012, 10:42:00 PM +0000 - Panchine - UKGPL Season 22 (2011-2012) Intermediate (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Caracciola

Honda RA272 F1 1965 4 +0.627
---
1 45:45.493
---
23 1:58.204
---
Goodyear  
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 1 1:57.856
---
2 +20.731
---
23 1:57.921
---
Goodyear  
JonnyO
 Team Coyote
Honda RA272 F1 1965 9 +2.121
---
3 +54.080
---
23 1:59.278
---
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 5 +0.651
---
4 (+2) +1:00.936
---
23 1:58.856
---
Goodyear  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 7 +1.485
---
5 +1:04.127
---
23 1:58.982
---
Goodyear  
francesco
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 11 +3.215
---
6 +1:53.506
---
23 1:59.834
---
Dunlop  
Ronniepeterson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 2 +0.312
---
7 +2:06.750
---
23 1:58.863
---
Goodyear  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 6 +0.676
---
8 +2L
---
21 1:58.535
---
Dunlop  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +1.789
---
9 +5L
---
18 1:59.080
---
Goodyear  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 10 +3.027
---
10 +11.662
---
18 2:00.380
---
Goodyear  
s2173
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.525
---
11 +17L
---
6 1:59.276
---
Goodyear  
8 UKGPL

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 12 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Not too much to see - two crashes and nothing reported outside the Red Zone. Nobody has been too naughty.

Server replay time: 0h01m46s

Sky is very cautious into Curva Musica - Geoff isn't - an inevitable rear end shunt follows. Dave slows to avoid the crash and steers left which forces Jonny to take avoiding action. He hits the grass and is slow to recover and inadvertently blocks a recovering Geoff.

This is between a marginal and simple but I have opted for the penalty as it is in the Red Zone and all drivers should be expecting early braking on cold tyres. Geoff is unfortunate in that he is caught out by Sky being slower than he expects as Sky has had a small trip on to the verge and has therefore lost speed earlier than might be expected.

Server replay time: 0h01m59s

Geoff steers left to avoid a slow Jonny and unfortunately pops up right in the path of a Wigan pensioner. Bernie continues OK but Geoff, having escaped a few seconds earlier explodes in spectacular fashion. Unfortunate.

Server replay time: 0h02m04s

Ronnie takes a tight line and cuts inside. Cookie cannot see him but must know he is there. Ronnie loses sight of Cookie - he has about 50% overlap. As Cookie takes the racing line they nearly collect Maxime but he bounces into the lead and a careful Martin maintains third.

On first sight, Ronnie would get a penalty. He is coming from further back and the onus is on the overtaking driver, but the rules have this: "The overtaking car had achieved a 50% or greater overlap but not 100% or greater at the point of turn-in and both drivers were in full control." This is simply a contested pass and accordingly no penalty is due.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1965
1:57.921
126.137mph
Cookie
Race
Honda RA272February 28, 2012, 10:42:00 PM +0000
S22Int
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 22 (2011-2012) Intermediate (65) - Panchine - Feb 28  (Read 7210 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2012, 06:47:47 PM +0000 »

UKGPL Season 22 65 Intermediates Trophy
Race 6 Panchine

Welcome to the sixth round of the Intermediates Trophy for Season 22.

This time we are at Panchine for the first time for the Intermediates at Panchine which is a fantasy track. The Historics had a fantastic race here last year and as a fast flowing circuit there should be plenty of close racing. There are a couple of jumps, a tricky turn or two and very sticky hedges, so be careful. It is a relatively long circuit so space should open up.

The first lap will be fully moderated within the red zone. The red zone will cover the whole of the first lap up to the end of the Curvone Pianetefiore.

Please check the Season 22 pages for details regarding rules and the Intermediates Trophy pages in particular.

Please see the Intermediates registration thread for an explanation of the chassis allocations shown below:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=10017.0

Please ensure that you take a valid chassis for your group. Cookie and I will be keeping an eye on you! THIS IS IMPORTANT AS THE CHASSIS GROUPINGS AND YOUR SEEDING HAS CHANGED. Please check the Intermediate Chassis thread.

Group I
Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda, BT11, Cooper, BT7

GROUP 2
BRM, Honda, BT11, Cooper, BT7, Ferrari

GROUP 3
Honda, Cooper, BT7

GROUP 4
Cooper, BT7

GROUP 5
BT7

Intermediates
DRIVER  
 CHASSIS GROUP  
Billy Nobrakes
Carraciola
Cookie
Du Fossa
Vosblod
Geoff 65
Maddog
JonnyO
Francesco
Rainier
RonniePeterson
Karliss
S2173
Bernie
Ross Neilson
Steve Bird
ivandjj
maestro57

Race List = iGOR
Server = UKGPL8
IP address = TBA
Race date = 28/02/2012
Time = no later then 9:00pm UK Time (30-45 mins practice, race starts at 9:30pm)
Track = Panchine
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Int
Qualifying time = 30 minutes
Race length = 23 laps
Password: see above

Qualifying may start before 9pm, if so, Reserve drivers should leave the server when 35 minutes of qualifying remains and only rejoin when 30 minutes of qualifying is left. This is to ensure that Full Time drivers get priority in joining.

Please restrict chat to pit messages if necessary, and this includes the end of the race, until all running drivers have completed the necessary laps.

The Intermediates races are run under Int Long rules and all incidents in the red zone on Lap 1, at least, will be moderated. For this race, the red zone covers the whole of the first lap.

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used. You need a working installation of the 65 mod to install the 2.02 Update. All the 65 Mod files can be found here

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Password: see above
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:00:49 AM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
s2173

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:27:38 PM +0000 »

Pros get the easier track again!  cursing

Who is the living, loving city of people without faces? The elevator is screaming in his claws.

The Red City, 43 Novctober 2173.
Rainier
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:49:15 PM +0000 »

Pros get the easier track again!  cursing

Do you really think Pacific raceways is easier than Panchine  eek

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:31:26 PM +0000 »

Grats again to the podium. Apologies for any grief cause to Axel, Franco and whoever found me in the middle of the track, Billy I think. Looks like you had another fine result stolen from you Martin? Night all.
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:22:32 PM +0000 »

Sorry Ronnie for our come together in L1 in the esses  :'(

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 11:25:24 PM +0000 »

Grats again to the podium. Apologies for any grief cause to Axel, Franco and whoever found me in the middle of the track, Billy I think. Looks like you had another fine result stolen from you Martin? Night all.

That would be me then  :'(
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 12:59:25 PM +0000 »

With almost no race practice, I hoped the BRM's speed would wing me towards victory, and not fling me towards scenery.  I missed a pole by a nose, and a good tow, so was surprised with only 6th!  Only all that changed, when the leaders slowed to discuss their successes, from amidst the esses, on lap 1. Shocked  

I inherited 2nd, behind a front running Maxime, who then gave maximum effort to stretch away.  Until a dogfight developed with a recovering Cookie, and the lead train became a single carriage.  While the Axel and I, almost shunted a couple of times, before he finally managed to break the coupling, near the end.  

Safely in 3rd, my tank ran dry with over a lap left.  Entering the pits for a mandatory stop & go, I spun behind the pits.  From the paddock, I then tried to drive through a pit stall, to reach the pit lane,  But it soon became apparent, the walls weren't transparent, and to drive back around the pits, would mean a DQ.  To drive ahead would mean uncertainty, and perhaps no S&G before the finish.  So after a further 0.73secs, my brain reached overload - we reset, and immediately realized I'd already done that once!  Race over . . . grumbling sequence commence! Undecided

A very impressive performance by Maxime, and a great comeback drive by Cookie!  You can recognize a happy 65 driver, by the flies in his teeth . . .  grumble! censored
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:06:07 PM +0000 by maddog » Logged
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 04:10:31 PM +0000 »

Just scanned the replay and I see it was not Billy who found me in the middle of the track but Geoff and Bernie!!!! Sorry guys.

My race consisted of a good start, a tussle with Axel on the first lap letting Max and Martin steal a march on us both. A hail Mary overtake attempt on Axel and Martin for second which scared me and them I think. A blown engine and a shift-r. A tussle with Franco leaving me in the middle of the track for Geoff and Bernie to pay a quick visit. Then finally with a fast dying engine I limped home in seventh, but not before Franco hunted me down in his Ferrari now firing on all cylinders.

Normally I would summarise by saying this was not a very good night for me, BUT, things could have been worse. I might have been Martin on the penultimate lap. One to forget I think mate. laugh laugh

Grats again to the podium Max, Axel and Jonny; particularly Axel on a storming fightback.
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 04:22:44 PM +0000 »

It really was the race that I won more positions ....... without being competitive, I just did the whole race without me getting into trouble.

I have many races during the week (10 races UKGPL,GPLBrasil,GPA,GPLRACER,oAo, VOR,TOMGPL)and it is very difficult to prepare, I'm running setting up the tent just before Qualy and after the race  put everything back in the truck to arrive in time to another circuit around the world! Grin

But as Max is irresistible!! alien
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:26:06 PM +0000 by JonnyO » Logged
Caracciola

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 10:00:29 PM +0000 »

This track was fun  Wink . Great race where i took advantage of the accident between Axel & Ronnie to take the first place  Cheesy. Then i try to outrun Hunt, that was not easy  Angry

Congratulation to podium, thanks for hosting, and see you at the Green Hell  Tongue
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 12:11:01 AM +0000 »

My normally rock solid BT11 suffered engine malladies (went bang ) during practice , thinking I was undergeared I stretched the ratios a bit for the race in the interests of reliability (not a good idea )

However , my man had given me a really good race set up and was good to go but made a silly mistake pushing too hard too soon in an effort to keep up with the lead pack slipstreamers and spun away my chances   (excuse is tyre warmers had blown a fuse in sympathy with engine ) from there I was doomed to playing catch up but without the tow I wasn't doing much of that   .

In the closing laps I was following Geoff along the flat out bit before the pits when we came upon Ronnie making his way back on track

Unfortunately my forward view was blocked by Geoffs Honda and I didnt see Ronnie  until I was right on top of the accident scene . reset and away again but dove into the pits way too hot and rammed the pit stalls , think I collected a wayward Ferrari who was also in too much of a hurry  , Moral being "always practise your pits in before the race starts  "

anyway that was the end of my fun  .

Can't remember exactly how many times i've been a victim of someone elses accident and have to do make the mandatory " no fault " pit in because of using shift R

Bit of a silly rule,  iyam  , can some one please remind me why it was invented  Undecided 

Grats to the Pods and all who finished with more than 3 wheels intact

TTFN  Wink

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 01:28:45 AM +0000 »

Can't remember exactly how many times i've been a victim of someone elses accident and have to do make the mandatory " no fault " pit in because of using shift R

Bit of a silly rule,  iyam  , can some one please remind me why it was invented  Undecided 

I didn't like that rule change.  I was about the only one, to bark out my disapproval - but simply howling in the wind.   I think it was done, to make our Moderators life less stressful. scared
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 07:33:57 PM +0000 »

Qually went sort of smoothly, apart from not even being able to buy a decent draft from anywhere. Most of the tows I got ended up getting in the way at some point and slowed me up instead. Not disappointed with 5th in Qually as 6/10ths covered Pole to 6th, and 5/100ths covered 4th to 6th.....We were all cooking, and it was only draft that lifted the fastest aloft.

Took a steady start in the race and got jumped by Martin (again!  Undecided ) into T1. Lucky I saw him coming because I was just about to drop in on the inside line when he appeared. Sat comfortably behind the pack as they darted to and fro, jockeying for position. I think Sky needs his fuel tested to see if he's using rocket fuel. He messed up T2 and was slow off the corner. I got good drive, tucked under his gearbox for 50 mts or so, then pulled out to go past. Nearing the downhill, flatout right....I was looking in the left mirror waiting to see him so I could pull across for a fast entry. A quick stab on the left glance button told me he was steaming by, totally unpertubed. <Jaw sags and hits steering wheel>. Better check that fuel scrutineers.

Chased him and the rest of the pack down to the next stop corner, totally mindful of cold tyres and brakes.....effect of draft etc etc. Braked early perhaps 1-1 1/2" before Sky, and he still came back to me. Must have brake rotors the size of Phar Lap's gonads......Oh, wait....he was a gelding, must have had them at some time. Apologies Sky, I was braking as hard as I could without locking.....which would have been disastrous anyway. Strangely enough the hit was only a very soft tap....in my replay it hardly moved the car at all. But then warp and the crash box worked it's magic, and poor Sky was a flaming wreck upside down by the road. Wish we could fix that altogether.

As I recovered from being buried to the windscreen in The Hedge, I figured everyone had gone by, and I'd be near on last again. After extricating myself and vehicle from said Hedge, rolled off slowly to make sure nothing untoward had occurred, then accelerated away....just as Jonny O was rejoining the track from his own horticultural experience, and right in front of me. Thinking I was on my own I pulled out to go around him and WHAM.....poor Bernie clouted me fair up the.....gearbox. Sorry for that mate, didn't hear you coming and figured all had passed me by anyway. Upside down at the side of the track, and last away after a reset, with a bloody  S n G to go as well. Missed the pit gate, and had to do another lap to find it. After the stop, just got my head down and pushed....Caught Bill after 4-5 laps of hard chasing, thanks for spinning Bill and making it a little easier to get past.....after playing hard to get. Did your missus have to work as hard as I did to catch you?

Chased down Bernie next who was equally difficult to get on terms with, had to take a few risks to make time and get into his draft. Then as I went past Bernie, he threw a loop of rope over my intake trumpets...cos I couldn't get rid of him for the next X number of laps. I had to use my team mate Ray, to finally drop him off my coattails. Scary moment that one.....no yellow flags at all until right at the crash site. Didn't need them then, I could see poor Ronnies Honda athwart the track (like how I worked in the nautical terminology Bernie?) leaving us nowhere to go. I had a bit of luck and just clipped the errant Honda, sending me spinning down the track to finish pointing the right way for a change. Bernie, sadly copped the brunt, as he'd already reported.  Passed a recovering Fran, with his still aflame Fezza nearly done. And thanks to the high accident/engine expiry rate ahead of me....I managed a fighting 4th. With a bit of extra luck I could have won that. The car was great and I, for a change, was driving it reasonably well.
Congrats to the Podium guys.....10 more laps and I may have caught 3rd place. All the same....it was a fun race, at a good track.

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
s2173

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 08:18:05 PM +0000 »

Well, what to say. The practice was simply hilarious, me and ronnie and cookie waiting for each other to see who can steal some draft from the other driver... At race start, Hunt bombarded everyone in his usial idiotic style, I barely avoided and was wobbly for the half of the straight... Geoff wasnt fast enough to get past... and then at the braking point I had a Maddog at front, so I braked earlier. Not a good idea... But the crash could have been my fault, I completely forgot geoff was there somewhere...

After a reset, a stopandgo I almost missed and several spins due to the fact I had no idea where im going... I ended last with 30 secs gap at front. After 3-4 laps hard driving, the gap wasn't getting smaller... And I was suddenly facing the awful perspective to drive 20 laps all alone on that god forbidden track.  No, thanks... Next lap, I aligned the car nicely, 250 kmh, aimed right at the pit barrier... often fun things happen when you hit the pit barrier... And got a nice rocket jump. Not getting nowhere near the moon, just measely 10 meters... but fun to look at. More fun than most of my races unfortunately... :'(

Who is the living, loving city of people without faces? The elevator is screaming in his claws.

The Red City, 43 Novctober 2173.
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 11:54:48 PM +0000 »

I didn't like that rule change.  I was about the only one, to bark out my disapproval - but simply howling in the wind.   I think it was done, to make our Moderators life less stressful. scared

and now there touting for buisiness  Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com