by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 02:52:03 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: What is your favorite TC-65 time of day setting for UKGTL Season 0?
Dawn
Dusk
Night
Day
Any of the above
Any of the above but not night

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite TC-65 Time of Day Setting For Season 1?  (Read 7725 times)
Pero_Grozni

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2006, 11:25:53 AM +0000 »

Thank you for the kind offer Tyf - I dont belive it is much that can be optimised though, as I have been trying quite hard before to get it to rund faster. What my big problem is is the graphic card and the lack of ram. Especially the Geforce FX5600 is a huge mess - it was a real letdown when I bought it back than. I wanted to get a Radeon 9800, but they were out of stock so went for the FX5600 with slightly lower price - what a HUGE mistake Embarrassed
The Radon has a lot of more performance so I think that this is really where our systems differ so much. I have been having huge problems in RBR as well and that is when I was doing all possible stuff to improve performance. Actuall fact is that RBR is even slightly bit worse on low details than GTL on my sistem performance wise and once the car starts to loose controll I get stutters and usually end up in a hedge.
And I deffinitly agree with you Greg - if I am the only one with a computer that cant cope with having lights on at dark I for sure wouldnt want to prevent having night races to the other guys. It is of course normal that in a thing like this the orientational base should be the average of the field and not the lowest end. I honestly thought that more people had simmilar problems to mine - looks like I will have to suffer a bit on the other things and scrape some money together for some ram and a new graphics card.

What I would like to return too though is a coment I read about this being Simracing.org.uk and therefore we should be simulating the races. As far as I know the real FIA TC / GTC series run at daylight and standing starts. Now if we were to simulate those races, than we should also be doing exactly that. I do find that boring though as it wouldnt cover all the possibilities of the game engine though - and I preffer to see variety just like you guys, as long as it dosent acctually come with a price of running only half of the field on special events due to the technical restrictions the variety brings up.

On toppic of time of day settings - something in my original post that might have been overlooked -> I suggested running early evenings and mornings when there are no lights turned on on the track. The track is still darker and it makes it hard to see the braking points + early evenings make a beautifull landscape. I can run that much better on my sistem and if there are more guys that have systems like me, that would be a good compromise than.  Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2006, 11:33:50 AM +0000 »

What I would like to return too though is a coment I read about this being Simracing.org.uk and therefore we should be simulating the races. As far as I know the real FIA TC / GTC series run at daylight and standing starts. Now if we were to simulate those races, than we should also be doing exactly that.

There has to be some license to the use of "simulation" otherwise we would have to force people to use one car all season and not have more cars of one type racing than existed in the simulated race. Real racers sit in the cockpit, do we force cockpit view? We would not have a series if we did all that! The simulation refers more to the physics model and our enforcement of the top difficulty level available.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2006, 11:37:29 AM +0000 »

I'm selling my PowerColor X800 XT 256Mb AGP card if anyone is interested (upgraded to X1800 XT PCI-E) to help their framerate?  Smiley

If I can't sell it personally it will be going on Ebay. New this card cost £275, looking for £150 + P&P now. This is the sort after AGP version.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2006, 12:57:04 PM +0000 »

On toppic of time of day settings - something in my original post that might have been overlooked -> I suggested running early evenings and mornings when there are no lights turned on on the track. The track is still darker and it makes it hard to see the braking points + early evenings make a beautifull landscape. I can run that much better on my sistem and if there are more guys that have systems like me, that would be a good compromise than.  Smiley

That could be a good compromise, I proposed the same thing.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2006, 02:16:04 PM +0000 »

Only if you spend ages working out what time that really is at any given track and taking into account 40 minutes on from racing for 40 mins.  Smiley
It's not easy working out dusk/dawn settings as the timezones are different for different tracks, 7pm at one circuit is pitch black but not at another circuit.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2006, 02:51:42 PM +0000 »

Only if you spend ages working out what time that really is at any given track and taking into account 40 minutes on from racing for 40 mins.  Smiley
It's not easy working out dusk/dawn settings as the timezones are different for different tracks, 7pm at one circuit is pitch black but not at another circuit.

Surely it's latitude not timezone? Wink Does it take time of year into account too?

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2006, 03:57:19 PM +0000 »

Surely it's latitude not timezone? Wink Does it take time of year into account too?

Sorry, the manual isn't that detailed.  Wink Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2006, 04:26:50 PM +0000 »

Only way to tell is to test it before setting the time. The other thing to watch out for is the prac and qual sessions take place an hour or two before the race (I think), or the previous day if that would be during the night.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2006, 04:49:54 PM +0000 »

Last night I tried to get a class handicap and drove loads of different tracks in quick succession just to set times. At the start I had it set to 19:00 hours and drove a couple of tracks all with the same lighting imo. Had very low frame rates doing that btw. Real big impact on fps at that time already. The a likkle later/earlier race times would be fine with me. Practice/Qualifying could perhaps then be done in the dark (if dawn race time Wink). Seems like a nice compromise tbh to me Smiley.

Later I raced at about 13:00 since I got fed up with low FPS... But it was still pretty much cack!? So I changed some settings, which helped a lot. Turn of shadows wherever u can or set them to lowest. Level of detail (bias?) thingie all the way to the left 75% I believe and that made it from 20 FPS into 55-60 for me. Less eye-candy, but hee ur racing smoother! Smiley
If I find some more major impact settings changes I'll post them.

And yes Pero the FX5600 is pretty bad, must be the main disadvantage u have tbh. One of my UT m8s had it a while ago too and was very unhappy with it as well. Maybe u can pick up a cheap 2nd hand 9800 radeon pro (careful, make sure u got the 256bit version Smiley) or hopefully a better card! Smiley

T

P.S. View track distance btw is set to very far in my game, so it loads all the textures in 1 go and not while ur driving. Defragging ur hdd might help a bit as well and obviously not running anything but a virusscan at boot Smiley.
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2006, 04:54:14 PM +0000 »

Sorry, the manual isn't that detailed.  Wink Grin

Lol and its in German   Wink Cheesy Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com