Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 09:23:50 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S22 - F2 Easter Cup - Albi: April 10, 2012
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 22 -F2 Easter Cup - Albi - Apr 10  (Read 3240 times)
Rainier
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 07:39:58 PM +0100 »

Good to have you race with us Ross....Was most impressed with the calmness with which you tucked inside to repass me after my first bungled attempt to blow you away!  Don't forget the 4th race in this F2 series is on Friday night and will be at Bathurst.
You are most welcome to sign up to the "novices" league for the last two races of the series. Those races use the 1965 mod which is pretty similar to drive to the F2s we used tonight. Your apparent pace should put you right in the thick of the action.  Should be a couple of good races Smiley

Thanks for the invite.  Not sure if I can make Friday, but I'll hope to get involved in some more Tuesday events as and when I can.

The re-pass sadly I can't lay claim to.  I believe that was Dave Rainier.   You'd passed me a lap or so before, and as you'd steadily closed the gap to me in the preceding laps, there seemed little point in defending it too much (Had it been the last lap or so maybe I would have :-) ).

I have the '65 mod installed, so as and when I see a server up, I'll have a go at joining to make sure I've the necessary files etc.

I don't think it was me,
I had a pleasant begin of race and was quickly 4th or 5th battling with Jonny'O.
But my pleasant race ended and turned to nightmare when I try to overtake a backmarker ...Bernie D.,  who was not really helpful ...I spun at the hairpin, loose several places, then spun again, alone this time, trying to reduce the gap with Jonny and other drivers and finally my engine exploded at 3 or 4 laps of the finish Sad

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 10:50:31 PM +0100 »

Seems It would have been better for all if I'd stayed at home for this one , late arrival at track , last minute panic , no qually , bad set up , car slow , driver slow .

Sorry for all who fell over my stumbling progress I was fighting a car with way too much understeer and also unstable in the brakes depot   Undecided

Dave R , I saw you coming but didnt know which side you wanted , you were in my LH mirror approaching the double droit then as I was focusing on not hitting the car in front you had dissapeared from view , next i saw was you low flying across the track , pretty impressive stuff 9/10 for artistic impression I would say  Wink

Geoff , thought I had passed you , you dissapeared stage left as I overtook then I swerved to avoid the spinning car in front and you crashed into me , please drive carefully in future , you know it makes sense  Tongue

Blito ,
It wasn't my bad rejoin , I hadnt even left the track , but I was recovering after a spin . your crash was going to happen anyway , the steering on those french cars just not up to rapid avoidance manouvers and will always fail when you try motocross tactics . Did you get the bill for the armco yet ?

Any one else I missed please fill in your own excuse for your poor driving  Grin

Hope to make ammends at Bathurst  Roll Eyes

Then perhaps not  Grin

JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 04:51:50 AM +0100 »

Unfortunately entered the server too late.
  I had no time to change something in the setup, so, my car was very unstable and dangerous when braking, undertook this very fun and had to run very carefully.

Congratulations to the podium!! clap
Baab

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 08:59:02 AM +0100 »

Bernie, I was actually going to apologise to you  Wink  Having recovered from almost being ejected and the server no longer recognising my position....I reset and raced on.  I am pretty sure I was battling you for position while running together with Johnny O and natan, et al, who were actually a lap ahead but slower than me at this point.  I turned in to the hairpin at the end of the straight to see you spinning, hence sorry if I cut you up.  Somewhat arrogantly I thought I was faster and didn't expect your challenge (I possibly braked early after my L1 issue here).

Just wondering about the situation I found myself in.  Being 1 lap down but running pretty quickly, I wasn't quite sure what to do in terms of unlapping myself, any advice?  I managed to catch the aforementioned group who were a lap ahead.  I sat behind for a bit and due others' spins and crashes, etc managed to move ahead a bit.  I then passed at least one other as I seemed to be quicker and possibly hassling the driver in front.  At one point natan caught me as I waited behind others so I let him past.  Sometime later he spun at the last corner and I couldn't avoid hitting him, sorry natan...the only thing I could have done different was leave a bigger gap.

I actually quit before the end as I had a few spins and had no idea of my position.  If I hadn't been soo hasty at the start perhaps I'd have avoided all of this...apart from my almost ejection...

Bob.
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 12:12:59 PM +0100 »

I'm not a Moderator here, but in real racing, the leader often slows down on his final lap.  You'll then sometimes see lapped cars unlap themselves.  I'd suggest the requirement is to take extra care.  And when it all goes wrong, I will now have to reluctantly accept your penalty points. :'(
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:16:07 PM +0100 by maddog » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com