Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 08:28:59 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S22Int Snetterton: March 27, 2012
March 27, 2012, 10:35:36 PM +0100 - Snetterton (Long) - UKGPL Season 22 (2011-2012) Intermediate (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 6 +0.726
---
1 51:59.466
---
34 1:30.430
---
Goodyear  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +1.813
---
2 (+1) +15.256
---
34 1:30.622
---
Goodyear  
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 1 1:29.726
---
3 +17.986
---
34 1:30.070
---
Goodyear  
Ronniepeterson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 4 +0.566
---
4 +54.023
---
34 1:30.768
---
Goodyear  
JonnyO
 Team Coyote
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 10 +2.818
---
5 +1:02.574
---
34 1:31.572
---
Dunlop  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +2.203
---
6 +1:23.658
---
34 1:31.586
---
Goodyear  
Caracciola

Honda RA272 F1 1965 2 +0.401
---
7 +1L
---
33 1:30.255
---
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 3 +0.467
---
8 +6L
---
28 1:30.418
---
Goodyear  
francesco
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 9 +2.206
---
10 +26L
---
8 1:33.169
---
Dunlop  
8 UKGPL

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 11 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
s2173
 Team7
Honda RA272 F1 1965 5 +0.618
---
Excluded +16L
---
18 1:32.320
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

A relatively quiet Red Zone - which sets a false impression of what is to come. My most difficult moderation yet and as a consequence, I have to remind all drivers of their right to appeal any moderation, although they should bear in mind that penalties do not have to be reduced and can, in fact, be increased.

Server replay time: 0h01m30s

Bernie loses the back under straight braking for the hairpin (I know how he feels ;)) which is unfortunate for Fran who gets collected whilst minding his own business...

Server replay time: 0h01m34s

Maxime is trying to come back at Ronnie and brakes later and can only avoid a collision by locking up and spinning.

Server replay time: 0h02m39s

Hardest incident I have ever had to deal with but not because of the incident itself. The details are actually fairly clear. In assessing any infraction, each incident is taken in isolation on its own merits. This incident is made harder by a history of incidents and patterns of behaviour that fall below the high standards expected which has led to some bad feeling. I have had to re-draft this mod upwards of ten times.

The incident itself: Martin has driven very wide and Sky has the inside line. Martin takes to the grass by choice (and that fact is key) and this gives Sky a 5mph speed advantage - Sky squeezes over on Martin and has 50% overlap BUT Martin has left the track so Sky has every right to do so. As Martin rejoins Sky's nose appears large in his cockpit and they collide heavily.

I have looked at this several times as tempers were somewhat heated immediately after the race. It is my job to remove that emotion and judge the incidents on the facts alone.

Unfortunately for Martin he has voluntarily placed himself in the wrong by leaving the track. No problem with that but once all four wheels leave the tarmac any driver is in a rejoin situation and must ensure that it is safe to do so. Sky moves to the left and then straightens the car and moves left again and straightens. He stays on track. Sky actually follows the track groove closely which kinks here. He gives Martin no room (which we would hope for but cannot insist upon). Martin attempts to rejoin but there is no way he can avoid a collision if he does so. Drivers cannot choose to take to the grass and continue racing heedless.

This is clearly, according to the rules, a bad rejoin from Martin. Although he is the complainant, in this case, he is the one to be penalized. There are two rulings that fit this, but I have chosen the lesser offence: "The rejoining driver drove straight back onto the track, but not the racing line, without checking for other cars and contact was made." Technically Martin does not get to the racing line.

This normally attracts a penalty of two places. The alternative is the Appallingly Bad Rejoin: "The rejoining driver was in full control and drove straight back onto the racing line without any consideration for other drivers and contact was made." This seems wholly disproportionate given that Martin tried to rejoin gradually and Sky contributed to the collision by jinking left at the last moment out of Martin's forward view. Martin was aware of Sky's presence but may have judged that there was more room than there actually was. He had no choice but to rejoin towards the racing line but should have let Sky go first. Although drivers are at liberty to use the grass and are not forbidden to race on it, once they have left the tarmac they must rejoin and do so safely.

My feeling is that that this was two cars racing side by side without either paying the other enough respect with regards to racing room BUT (and it is a big but, literally), as Martin was off track (and had CHOSEN to do so) it was his job to ensure that he did not interfere with any driver on the track.

I have used my discretion to reduce the penalty to that of an Inconsiderate Bad Rejoin: "The rejoining driver was in full control but nevertheless drove straight back onto the track without leaving enough room for other cars. Contact was NOT made but other drivers had to take avoiding action." This clearly does not fit as there is contact, but I consider that the offence falls somewhere between the two levels of Blatant and Inconsiderate.

Martin is therefore given a one place penalty. Sky is not blameless here and is guilty of unsportsmanlike driving as he could easily have chosen to leave more room although he is not bound to do so. What he is bound to do under the Etiquette regulations is to ensure that he drives in a manner that careful and respects others on track. I do not believe he did so here. He is therefore given a Warning as the rules do not exactly cover the penalties for such infringements, merely stating that driver may be penalised.

To sum up, Martin is clearly in the wrong here according to the rules but Sky could have helped here by choosing to leave more room, all without jeopardising his position. Neither driver covered themselves in glory. It is expected that drivers will make some room and avoid collisions, if possible. Either driver could have avoided this incident and I wish they had. Martin receives the penalty as he was off track and the rules are quite clear about that. I do not find that Sky deliberately drove into Martin which would, of course, be extremely serious. It is not expected, however, that drivers will make two moves when in close contact situations.

Both drivers appear to have forgotten the following, which is part of the recommended driver behaviour: "Avoid close racing when its not necessary... ...The general rule for the careful and respectful driver would be, not to unnecessarily drive too close to another, especially whenever there is no point."

There is NO PLACE for driver squabbles on track and there was not enough care and respect here which should be the watchwords in our community.

My job here, both as Moderator and Chief Moderator is to ensure that the rules are applied as neutrally as possible and without regard to history (which I am acutely aware of). I have endeavoured to do so.

Server replay time: 0h08m00s

The time of this incident is indicative only and covers a series of incidents.

Sky spins several times on laps 3, 4 and 5 and has clearly lost concentration from Lap 5 he drives around erratically and mostly, very slowly. Whilst he largely stays out of the way, crossing from one side to the other at low speed is extremely unhelpful to all the other drivers. In addition this causes flags to be waved in error. If you are not racing you have no place on the race track. This is clearly in contravention of the Etiquette regulations and I have no hesitation in penalising him.

The rules have this "Any driver appearing not to be making adequate use of his rear view mirrors, or driving in a manner which even unintentionally appears to hinder or discourage a driver seeking to move one or more laps ahead may be penalised." In this case the infringement is extremely discourteous to other participants and merits exclusion.

In addition, it has been noted that Sky has accumulated 8 penalty points in Inters this season alone, prior to this race, and has a total of twenty altogether. This should act as a warning that driving standards need to improve. Although this specific penalty does not attract a set number of penalty points I am, in light of the accumulated penalty points, imposing a SUSPENDED ONE RACE BAN (suspended for three races). ANY infringement in ANY division before the end of the season will result in that ban being imposed IN THIS DIVISION. It is not a ban I wish or expect to enforce.

Drivers who wish to know how this works should look at the section on Persistent Bad Driving in the Penalty Guidelines page [url=https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/penalties]here[/url].

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 22 (2011-2012) Intermediate (65) - Snetterton - Mar 27  (Read 5979 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2012, 05:18:38 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 22 65 Intermediates Trophy
Race 8 Snetterton

Welcome to the 8th round of the Intermediates Trophy for Season 22. Hugely different test from last time. This is the GPLEA version of Snetterton 67, a very fast circuit and good for battling but easy to get caught out.

The first lap will be fully moderated within the red zone. The red zone will cover the whole the first lap up to the last corner.

Please check the Season 22 pages for details regarding rules and the Intermediates Trophy pages in particular.

Please see the Intermediates registration thread for an explanation of the chassis allocations shown below:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=10017.0

Please ensure that you take a valid chassis for your group. Cookie and I will be keeping an eye on you! THIS IS IMPORTANT AS THE CHASSIS GROUPINGS AND YOUR SEEDING HAS CHANGED. Please check the Intermediate Chassis thread.

Group I
Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda, BT11, Cooper, BT7

GROUP 2
BRM, Honda, BT11, Cooper, BT7, Ferrari

GROUP 3
Honda, Cooper, BT7

GROUP 4
Cooper, BT7

GROUP 5
BT7

Intermediates
DRIVER 
  CHASSIS GROUP 
Billy Nobrakes
Carraciola
Cookie
Du Fossa
Vosblod
Geoff 65
Maddog
JonnyO
Francesco
Rainier
RonniePeterson
Karliss
S2173
Bernie
Ross Neilson
Steve Bird
ivandjj
maestro57

Race List = iGOR
Server = UKGPL8
IP address = TBA
Race date = 27/03/2012
Time = no later then 9:00pm UK Time (30-60 mins practice, race starts at 9:30pm)
Track = Snetterton 67
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Int
Qualifying time = 30 minutes
Race length = 34 laps
Password: see above

Qualifying may start before 9pm, if so, Reserve drivers should leave the server when 35 minutes of qualifying remains and only rejoin when 30 minutes of qualifying is left. This is to ensure that Full Time drivers get priority in joining.

Please restrict chat to pit messages if necessary, and this includes the end of the race, until all running drivers have completed the necessary laps.

The Novice races are run under Int Long rules and all incidents in the Lap 1 red zone will be moderated.

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used. You need a working installation of the 65 mod to install the 2.02 Update. All the 65 Mod files can be found here

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Password: see above
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:24:05 PM +0100 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:31:26 PM +0100 »

What kind of password is that  Shocked
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 08:38:32 PM +0100 »

What did you want? 'Athletic'?  Grin

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:31:29 PM +0100 »

athletic dairies ?    Cheesy
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 02:59:44 AM +0100 »

Bravo Rainier!!!!!

I was too slow in Qualy, Cooper was not well, but the race went well,
 I had a dispute optimal with  Bernie , curves did side by side, fantastic! punk
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 08:11:54 AM +0100 »

athletic dairies ?    Cheesy

lol Bernie  Cheesy

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:45:51 AM +0100 »

Thought I had a decent race set up but my big problem was finding the correct braking distance into the esses  , during practise I kept going in too deep and spinning, just couldn't get it right, so for the race I was braking way too early .

Also had sound going on/off which didnt help at all , Prib maybe ?

Was having a solitary race until Jonny came along and livened things up, really enjoying the all to short dance with Jonny untill I decided to get brave and overshot the esses due to my afore mentioned braking problem  Embarrassed

Grats to Rainier , Martin , Cookie and all who finished in one or more pieces  Smiley
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 11:45:06 AM +0100 »

There was a serious incident, at the start of this race.  My race description would have to include this occurrence, so I think it best not to write it.  Seems almost everyone, had some close wheel to wheel competition . . . fun is what it's all about.   Normal service will be resumed, ASAP.
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 01:44:37 PM +0100 »

Sorry to have missed out - been a very busy with work & I didn't get chance to try out the track.
Neverthless a good night for Black Night Racing with Dave taking the chequered flag.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 05:28:23 PM +0100 »

a good night for Black Night Racing with Dave taking the chequered flag.

Hope he gives it back , we might need it for the next race  Grin

Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 07:32:09 PM +0100 »

a good night for Black Night Racing with Dave taking the chequered flag.

Hope he gives it back , we might need it for the next race  Grin

No I will keep it ! I 'm so happy with my first win in Intermediate 65 serie!

At the qually, I was only 6th on the grid ...with the worst Honda time ! so I thought I would be completely out for the race.

Maddog (Mr Hunt) took a fantastic "Romain Grosjean like" start but then he had some "troubles" with Mr Skymole.
so quickly I was 4th just behind Geoff with whom I had a nice battle during quite all the race     
It was a very nice fight with Geoff because we overtook each other several times but we were concentrated to avoid any collision between us
At something like fifteen laps of the finish, I saw Axel and Ronnie, the two leaders, doing some gardening in the grass ! It was incredible : I was leading the race with less than 1 second to Geoff!
Then Geoff made a mistake (don’t know exactly what happened) and so I was very lucky to win !

Now If we remove the 2 worst results, the championship is very open  :
1 Maxime246
2 Cookie 238
3. Ronnie 234
4 Dave 227
5 Geoff 203

By the way, It seems the Intermediate 65 races are not moderated since a long time (Zolder ?)

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 07:44:59 PM +0100 »

Maddog (Mr Hunt) took a fantastic "Romain Grosjean like" start . . .
. . . . . balloon . ."Allez les Bleu!"
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:03 PM +0100 »

Maddog (Mr Hunt) took a fantastic "Romain Grosjean like" start . . .
. . . . . balloon . ."Allez les Bleu!"

Not really "Bleu" Wink

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Caracciola

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 09:48:58 PM +0100 »

Now If we remove the 2 worst results, the championship is very open  :
1 Maxime246
2 Cookie 238
3. Ronnie 234
4 Dave 227
5 Geoff 203

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

2 nd on the grid. But I make a mistake at the hairpin. Shift-R & Pit stop, then long chase to get back on the leaders.
I fought hard with Axl, and with Ronnie at the end of the race. I abruptly closes the way in the left and he collides me.
It's over for me. First retirement in '65.  Embarrassed

Good job Dave!  Tongue
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 09:53:41 PM +0100 »

Maddog (Mr Hunt) took a fantastic "Romain Grosjean like" start

Was he out by turn 2 then?  Cheesy

By the way, It seems the Intermediate 65 races are not moderated since a long time (Zolder ?)

Yeh sorry about that. My PC has been unavailable and my laptop won't run replays. I am back in business now and the mods for Zolder to the 'ring should be published by Monday. 

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com