by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 07:13:00 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: So we've had iR 2.0, NTM, NNTM and now.... NHM  (Read 4301 times)
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 10:44:24 AM +0100 »

Have to admit i'm really impressed with the caddy, reminds me of the v8s but better tyre model Smiley

Have liked v8s but I like handing more on the caddy, just need some better setups to get the caddy to turn in better on the corners.

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 03:15:17 PM +0100 »

Yep, I have to say - I'm enjoying the Caddy too! Until I got Paul's setup on the thing I thought it was broken but now I'm getting some good feel from it and starting to understand what's required to get it around a lap.

It's a lively, involved drive and I can't wait to do some more with it. The only complaint I have is that with my triple screen setup I can't see the bleedin' dash for some reason, regardless how far back I set the FOV!

Roll on Darren's Club England season of it!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 03:24:16 PM +0100 »

It probably isnt the FOV its to do with how inclined your view is, either angled up or down. I think its CTRL & [ or ] which angles it up or down. i have mine about 3.5deg down for some reason! It might be that.

Unlimited tows please Darrren! lol

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 11:01:24 AM +0100 »

Quickly sneaked on the iR forums here at work, seems the Caddy is indeed a fixed series, though i see no 'release notes' to indicate you have to download the setups.

I guess everyone will be looking to the leagues to run them properly.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 08:47:42 AM +0100 »

Dammit it uses the baseline set Huh I guess i'll not be running it round mosport this week then! Just feels like i'm tiptoeing round all the time and its a bit unpredictable turning in.

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 09:22:09 AM +0100 »

It isn't the original set though. It is a new one which is pretty safe but takes all the fun out of the car because of the terminal understeer  Angry
lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 01:03:14 PM +0100 »

Sounds like we should start a new Touring Car Championship...maybe using the same tracks as the new Club England Skip Barber series....anyone interested? (Spanner) angel Not on a Monday night though

mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 01:15:18 PM +0100 »

Darren's already sorted it...well more or less!

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1945804.page

MX-5 double header tonight Jim, you know it makes sense Wink.
lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 01:25:46 PM +0100 »

Darren's already sorted it...well more or less!

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1945804.page

MX-5 double header tonight Jim, you know it makes sense Wink.
I'll be there

Adam Parle
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 01:47:42 PM +0100 »

I'll be in attendance too - but don't let that put you off Cheesy
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 01:50:40 PM +0100 »

Sadly wont be there, prior engagement with GTR2

with club england events monday, wednesday thursday, doesnt really leave much time for anything else. Is there really a need for another league series?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:46:34 PM +0100 by spanner » Logged

Darren Seal
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 02:31:02 PM +0100 »

Sadly wont be there, prior engagement with GTR2

GTR2 has grown old and saggy.  No one would blame you for switching to a younger model Wink  angel
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 02:54:38 PM +0100 »

iR is definately the young pup (child?), with the constant mood swings (updates) and you think you've got a handle on it and it will send you off into the undergrowth (gravel traps), the need for constant attention (cars and tracks) and no matter how hard you wrestle it, will still not do what you want (fixed setups).

I prefer the old faithful dog, with a gammy leg, barely walks but does exaclty what you tell it!

Grin

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 03:15:52 PM +0100 »

Nice analogy Spanner. Was an interesting listen on Sunday evening, while racing GT2, with the iR boys discussing how much a lot of stuff had changed with the new build.

Mind you tonight's GTR2 event is hardly what we know and love, underpowered Front Wheel Drive Fiestas. What ever next, Race07 Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: