Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 07:18:13 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: GT funrace at Silverstone  (Read 6574 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2012, 06:13:17 PM +0100 »

Actually Clive it was the best fun I have had in ANY GT race! For me, the pitstops added something.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2012, 06:24:45 PM +0100 »

Agree with everything you say Clive. But surely the blue flags will be irrelevant? Just because you are being shown blue flags will be no reason to pull over as with the various pitstop options you will want to keep the faster car behind regardless of whether you are being lapped or not? Also bearing this in mind will GPL black flag you automatically??
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2012, 07:57:48 PM +0100 »

"Actually Clive it was the best fun I have had in ANY GT race! For me, the pitstops added something."

Well, I have always thought that they gave an extra dimension and realism to the racing and I am glad you enjoyed that.  Grin

"Agree with everything you say Clive. But surely the blue flags will be irrelevant? Just because you are being shown blue flags will be no reason to pull over as with the various pitstop options you will want to keep the faster car behind regardless of whether you are being lapped or not? Also bearing this in mind will GPL black flag you automatically??"

You would certainly want to keep a faster car behind you Ronnie if he was on the same lap. Especially if it was before his pitstop and of course, if he was catching you after the pitstop then you would be racing for position and quite entitled to defend your place. But if that car behind is actually about to lap you...... I think it would be wise to allow him to pass lol.  Wink

Usually within GPL, if a blue flag is shown during a race it is because the car behind is about to lap you. So no blue flag, should mean you are racing for position. But just occasionally there is no blue flag shown even though you are about to be lapped, so you need to keep an eye on what is happening via your pitboard or Prib.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2012, 08:11:36 PM +0100 »

You would certainly want to keep a faster car behind you Ronnie if he was on the same lap. Especially if it was before his pitstop and of course, if he was catching you after the pitstop then you would be racing for position and quite entitled to defend your place. But if that car behind is actually about to lap you...... I think it would be wise to allow him to pass lol.  Wink

Hypothetically, I'm in a faster car, say a Chap2f, Ive had a spin and find myself a lap down to a porsche closing up behind as I leave the pits after my pitstop. Am I really going to let the Porsche by to go 2 laps down because I see blue flags or am I going to head off at a rate of knots to try and unlap myself? A bit of a no brainer I think... eat my exhaust fumes I suspect!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2012, 10:50:21 PM +0100 »

lolol I understand from where you speak.

The determining factor is whether or not you impede the car that is about to lap you. (see the racing Etiquette section). Sure, if you can burn rubber and just blast off into the distance then Porsche driver might even be grateful for the chance of the tow for half a lap lol.  ( I know I would!!  Wink )

But, if you block him or cause him to take avoiding action, you could be in trouble with the moderators. Shocked

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2012, 11:04:16 PM +0100 »

LOL

Glad to see that you are still holding the line there Evil.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com