by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 12:41:32 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got Iracing  (Read 1255 times)
Linus27

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:58:55 PM +0100 »

Hey all, some of you may or may not remember me from GTR2, racing the Lotus Elise. Anyway, just got Iracing and my first impression is WOW. Superb handling and the tracks are so accurate. I downloaded Oulton Park and it is exactly like the real circuit. I could even apply the same braking, turn in and approach to it as I could when I drove my Elise there on trackdays. Brands Hatch is the same. Loving this sim big time but i can see it getting expensive with the amount of road courses available. My only complaint is the lack of cars that are interesting to me. I would love to see a Clio Cup, some WTCC/BTCC/STCC type cars and also a Caterham. Fingers crossed something like that comes along soon.

Michael Boylan

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:50:03 AM +0100 »

The Jetta, despite being powered by tractor oil, isn't a million miles away from a BTCC car in handling. And the spec racer isn't a million miles away from a Caterham.

But stop faffing with the girly cars and get yourself into a Corvette. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Darren Seal
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 10:29:17 AM +0100 »

I would love to see a Clio Cup, some WTCC/BTCC/STCC type cars and also a Caterham. Fingers crossed something like that comes along soon.

Welcome to iRacing Michael.  The NGTC Honda Civic is coming to iRacing 'soon'.

Don't forget to check out the club England forums for information on club races.  Smiley
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:17:10 PM +0100 »

The Jetta, despite being powered by tractor oil, isn't a million miles away from a BTCC car in handling. And the spec racer isn't a million miles away from a Caterham.

But stop faffing with the girly cars and get yourself into a Corvette. Wink

Hey Dave, haha girly cars, love it Smiley I do fancy the Radical at some point. I think that might be fun and a little intense.

Michael Boylan

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:18:00 PM +0100 »

I would love to see a Clio Cup, some WTCC/BTCC/STCC type cars and also a Caterham. Fingers crossed something like that comes along soon.

Welcome to iRacing Michael.  The NGTC Honda Civic is coming to iRacing 'soon'.

Don't forget to check out the club England forums for information on club races.  Smiley

Thanks Darren. That sounds awsome. Any idea on release date for it?

Michael Boylan

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 08:45:42 PM +0100 »

Give the Cadillac a try too - a great GT like car, despite its weight (and it's free!).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: