Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 23, 2024, 09:44:39 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
Forthcoming
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL training servers  (Read 10738 times)
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 11:34:54 PM +0100 »

Try the following:
[ RaceListServers ]
IP                        = gplrank.info

Currently just seeing a couple of other servers listed,  but presumably the practice server will make an appearance Sunday daytime.

Cheers,
Dave.
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 11:54:40 PM +0100 »

[ RaceListServers ]
IP                        = gplrank.info

That is what my ini says!

"UKGPL_8" is the server name you see in IGOR (now sleeping  Cool )

But you can join any server with a green button if its open race
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:58:39 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
ughugh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 10:19:09 AM +0100 »

Thanks, I'll give it a go.
edit : It turns out my  Igor 1.6 is different to the latest 1.6.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:57:28 PM +0100 by ughugh » Logged
fioriniandre

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:23 PM +0100 »

Hey, My UK friends, I'm not sure if you remember me but I did maybe 2 races a while back, I got busy with school. I was going to join again last night to race because I missed GPL. When I opened IGOR and try to join any race it says: Cliet/Server Bandwith Mismatch. Any Ideas? I need help! Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Racing, Competing, it's in my blood. It's the part of me, it's part of my life, and it stands out above everything else. - Ayrton Senna
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 11:37:16 PM +0100 »

Hello André,

first make sure you don't have a 60fps patch selected in GEM joining normal 36fps servers, and viceversa...also you could try to fiddle with the core.ini settings in GEM (left to controls).

Good luck!

Driving for Antipasti Racing

fioriniandre

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 09:06:24 PM +0100 »

Hello again, I have one more problem, have had this for a while, I'm running windows 8 and have the new rasters installed, I'm Running OPENGL V2 at a steady 36fps, but all the time when I load the game I have lines and shapes in the sky....if that makes sense. Is there anyway to fix it? Eventually after like 5 tries I can get the game working.

Racing, Competing, it's in my blood. It's the part of me, it's part of my life, and it stands out above everything else. - Ayrton Senna
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 09:27:16 PM +0100 »

Hello again, I have one more problem, have had this for a while, I'm running windows 8 and have the new rasters installed, I'm Running OPENGL V2 at a steady 36fps, but all the time when I load the game I have lines and shapes in the sky....if that makes sense. Is there anyway to fix it? Eventually after like 5 tries I can get the game working.

Haven't seen win8 yet  (I haven't made it to Win7 yet...)  & you will probably get a more complete/knowledgeable answer from someone else Smiley  but if you are using a nvidia card,  I think there is a 'clamping' option that can be adjusted in the nvidia control panel to address that.

EDIT: found it!  Does this help?  http://wiki.grandprixlegends.info/index.php?title=GPL_FAQ_and_troubleshooting_guide

--

If you've not already bookmarked it;   http://www.gpllinks.org  is also worth a visit.

Cheers,
Dave.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:32:55 PM +0100 by dave curtis » Logged
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 06:19:53 PM +0000 »

Get me posting to a thread that looks to have seen no action for years...!

Anyway,  I'm potentially offering a limited service...
I guess numbers have reduced a certain degree from years ago [and of course a number of drivers also drive elsewhere]  but is there any interest in a practice server being left up?

If so & to prevent expending a lot more energy/hair than required  [& I guess I'm partly looking at Cookie here]  is there a straightforward guide/or collection of tips on how to get a dedicated server up on Mint? 

I did get something that kind of worked a bit,  but seemed unreliable (even on the same network) which it really should not be.
I figured it was related to me just throwing things together, rather than having a plan.

I found generic mentions,  but nothing that seemed particularly specific.   Any pointers welcome;  including any optimisations [Linux/wine/gpl] that may help in dedicated use.  Dedicated static IP address is available.

Cheers,
Dave.
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 10:35:51 PM +0000 »

Good idea Dave thumbup1

ATM I am working mostly with manjaro. My server runs Manjaro XFCE very reliable.
It runs fine without problems with all kinds of graphics, onboard, onCPU and dedicated (AMD, intel and NVidia).

Just download the .iso https://manjaro.org/get-manjaro/ put it on an USB-stick and install the OS on the PC.
Now after the install let it reboot and get all the recent updates.

You can install easily all kinds of software by checking a little box, so you can install wine (+ gecko and mono) from the list.

Up to this point all runs like in a Win system, but now you must do some cryptic commands.

run "winecfg" in the shell what configures the whole "win" system and creates the drive C: wich you use for windows programs.

tbc
------------------------
I am ready to assist you to set up a server in mint or manjaro, just tell me how much you know and just ask for specific help.

Axel "Cookie"

dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2019, 06:55:39 PM +0000 »

Well, I eventually got around to getting a pint-sized server of sorts running under Manjaro.

(Had started on it some time ago before shelving the project, but picked it up again over the last couple of days - so have already had to investigate workaround for forgotten credentials as well as conflicts preventing updates!).

Currently showing as GPL99 with Montjuic Park on infinite repeat. but can add some variety.  So if anyone is at a loose end,  please feel free to try it out!

Looks like a couple of visitors did jump on there for a couple of races, so hopeful that some initial firewall issues are resolved.

If all behaves/performs ok down the road, I may apply to the committee to obtain a UKGPL number.   But for now, don't want to see the UKGPL brand potentially associated with a poor service Smiley

I'll try to leave it up all the time.

Cheers,
Dave.

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 08:25:27 PM +0000 »

Good ping here ~50, could join without problem. Good job! thumbup2

Axel "Cookie"

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 08:46:11 PM +0000 »

Great news Dave.  It would be good to run a few test races to prove your server. An extra race server would be a big help. Covering for holidays is a bit difficult with just two official race servers (me with UKGPL_4 and Axel with UKGPL_8).  I think the name UKGPL_2 isn't being used at the moment  Wink.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2019, 09:10:35 PM +0000 »

Just managed to join server with ping around 49....all looking good  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 12:06:41 AM +0000 »

Just joined, Ping of around 48, All seemd to work ok.  thumbup1

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Eric Bilodeau

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 09:36:11 PM +0000 »

The league got a room in igor? And if yes, what's the name, the PW?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com