The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 08:10:40 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCC Knockhill August 26th  (Read 1231 times)
quicksilver384
« on: July 01, 2012, 06:44:13 PM +0100 »

Gonna get my tickets booked for the BTCC Race at knockhill August 26th :-) Can't wait
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 08:46:21 AM +0100 »

Nice one! Very jealous - itching to see this place in the flesh and it always produces good racing. The historic saloons they usually have on the bill look almost as good as the BTCC action.

May see you there if it doesn't work out too pricey - I guess Edinburgh's a good place to stay, make a night of it!
quicksilver384
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:06:03 PM +0100 »

Tickets are only £25 if bought in advance or £30 on the day. Good value in my eyes. Got an early start though gonna have to leave by 7:30ish, 2 hour drive for me.

Only racing ive been to see is banger racing so this will be different (although it is Touring cars)
quicksilver384
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:25:08 PM +0100 »

That's me tickets ordered. Can't wait now.
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:57:33 PM +0100 »

Expect sunburn or to be weather beaten. Everyone always ends up red no matter what. Knockhill has a climate all of its own that nobody actually understands.

Pick the right place to stand, I would advise the top of Seat Curve at the end of the straight and you can see the cars for most of the lap except half the straight to the hairpin, the hairpin and the exit up to over the brow. However there should be a big screen right ahead with the action from the TV.

Last year was very good. Most of the usual support races although the Clios either don't come up or are often poorly attended.

The Scottish historic race last year was brilliant. Far more cars than travelled down south a few weeks back.

Edinburgh city centre is only 20-25 miles from the circuit. Or you could try camping at the track.

quicksilver384
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 09:18:26 PM +0100 »

hey folks great day at Knockhill today. I took some photos and videos.

http://jsgaming.co.uk/Knockhill_26_08_2012/

Sorry for the quality of them I am not brilliant at taking photos and videos are shakey but I can't help that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com