The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 08:38:37 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Just installed rFactor  (Read 6233 times)
AdrianD

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2006, 02:39:56 PM +0000 »

Have I actually bought the same game everyone else has, does it need a lot of setting up to make it feel like a sim.

First impression, no immersion, no feel, no atmosphere, crap sounds, dismal force feedback, no sensation of speed, horrendous interface, tried the F3 mod and Aero88 but everything seems the same in rFactorland wish I'd saved my money Sad

There must be something I'm missing, I'll keep at it for now but it's the oddest driving sim I''ve had yet Undecided

Sorry for the negative atitude, I hate being negative but I'm Huh

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 02:47:01 PM +0000 »

It's different I'll give you that! That difference does make it seem a little odd at first and it will mean there are plenty of tweaks you'll feel you need to do inorder to 'GT' it Wink

The stock cockpits are terrible and the force feedback awful I'm afraid. The tracks are sublime though and it should run better than either GT game once you've fiddled a bit.

Ignore the stock game and the (in my opinion anyway) underwhelming F3 cars and try the PCC Let yourself get acclimatised to it for a while and then come back if you are still unconvinced Smiley

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 02:51:06 PM +0000 »

I have to agree Adrian, rf is completly crap out of the box, well you dont even get a box which says it all really.
However once you have tweaked the ffb,etc, etc and installed the pcc mod the game comes alive.
Rest assured mate the pcc mod is a real blast online, pitty about the rest of it  Wink

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 03:13:09 PM +0000 »

Well I will do as you say and try the PCC and give this thing a real chance.

I won't make comparisons with GTR\GTL as it would insult them.

I do have F1C RH2004 and the '75 mod on my system and without wondering about there accuracy too much, they crucify this rFactor, only drive Simbin online these days.

AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 10:45:00 PM +0000 »

Well I spent most of the evening on the PCC mod, just testing on my own so probobly not at it's best, quite impressed, it really is a good job and gives a good idea of what GTR2 has instore maybe Undecided

'Out of the box' rFactor really is just the bare bones, it needs a top quality mod to make it worth having, of course it's impossible not to make comparisons with GTR Porsches and driving both you really can feel the relationship all these games have. I was amazed how like GTL rFactor feels compared to GTR.

When I first tried it I remembered Fozz saying that the 1975 F1C could be a good source of potential models for rFactor, I was a bit miffed, but now I can see he's right, a hell of a lot of stuff is out there now and if it can be converted into well rounded mods for rFactor? Smiley

Quite happy I bought it now, may as well get used to using it before some really tasty mods arrive for it Smiley

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 10:53:39 PM +0000 »

Grin
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 10:56:08 PM +0000 »

I disagree there is nothing out of the box. The rF3 is very good IMHO (Although being a TinTop league a lot will disagree) and Essington Long is an astounding track IMHO, sure that's only two things, but its better than nothing :-)

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 10:58:17 PM +0000 »

I disagree there is nothing out of the box. The rF3 is very good IMHO (Although being a TinTop league a lot will disagree) and Essington Long is an astounding track IMHO, sure that's only two things, but its better than nothing :-)

No arguements there from me Fozz
Mike Wrightson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 11:27:10 PM +0000 »

I found an improvement in force feedback by copying the GTR FF settings over into rFactor Smiley

But the standard cars don't have all that much feel I agree.  The new rF3 is very good though and the best mod so far has to be the Porsches, they have a good feeling.  Aero88 is gonna be good, once you sort out the abysmal default setup!

The netcode and race procedures that actually work are a joy though.  At GRC we now always do a formation lap followed by standing start and it all works properly Cheesy

Team Shark!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 08:01:05 AM +0000 »

At GRC we now always do a formation lap followed by standing start and it all works properly Cheesy

Is it easy to see where each car's grid slot is?

To finish first, first you must have fins.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 08:45:24 AM +0000 »

At GRC we now always do a formation lap followed by standing start and it all works properly Cheesy

Is it easy to see where each car's grid slot is?

Yeh Dave, there's a pit box red glowy thing around your box. There's even a pace car too!

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 01:10:57 PM +0000 »

The netcode and race procedures that actually work are a joy though.  At GRC we now always do a formation lap followed by standing start and it all works properly Cheesy

Cool, will have to try that as I always like that idea.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 06:11:26 PM +0000 »

I think we should try the driver swap thing again. Prof and I almost had it sussed but we kept getting mismatches (I had a better spec car so not a total surprise)

Using the PCC mod we should each be able to team up and remove that from the equation!

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 06:14:32 PM +0000 »

I think we should try the driver swap thing again. Prof and I almost had it sussed but we kept getting mismatches (I had a better spec car so not a total surprise)

Using the PCC mod we should each be able to team up and remove that from the equation!

That sounds FUN!

Legends Racing simracing team
Mike Wrightson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 08:22:49 PM +0000 »

It's also great how you can choose the start type.

Standing - fastest race start, everyone on the grid and go!
Formation/Standing - polesitter led warmup lap, followed by standing start.
Formation/Rolling - pace car led warmup lap and rolling start.

Trying the driver swap again could be a laugh, I don't think it's fully implemented yet though so the scoring bugs will probably still exist.  When it's fully supported, it would add a whole new level to GT Endurance races, racing in pairs like the real-life series Cheesy

Team Shark!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com