The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 09:42:07 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Just installed rFactor  (Read 6234 times)
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 09:48:49 PM +0000 »

Trying the driver swap again could be a laugh, I don't think it's fully implemented yet though so the scoring bugs will probably still exist.  When it's fully supported, it would add a whole new level to GT Endurance races, racing in pairs like the real-life series Cheesy

Hmm I'll have to get me a team mate then...

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 04:35:35 PM +0000 »

It's been a few days now and I think I stand by my original post, I'm still confused.

I can't really find anything to rival GTR or GTL in rFactor,, it just feels so bland, I thought the PCC mod was OK until I tried GTR again and I thought GTR was the newer sim Huh

Visually I prefer GTR/GTL by far, the rFactor driving feel seems less,well less like driving a car, even F1C feels better with mods.

Tried everything but FF useless, sound is not up to Simbin standards either.

If all it is is a platform for loads of insubstantial mods like those I've seen I'm not too impressed, but who knows in the long run?, and believe me I dream of the day when somebody can produce a decent well rounded sim and ask me for £70. I'd be happy to pay that for something that was GTL and a bit more. rFactor is GTR GTR/F1C and a bit less.

I'll have to say my £20 was an investment and remember 'investments can go down as well as up' Undecided

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 05:14:10 PM +0000 »

Well AdrianD, If that's the conclusion. I've always found cars not so good until I knew everything about them, The way I know my F360 or Lambo (now) in GTR and the PCC or F3 in rF, I'm not getting on with GTL as I have to do those bloody single player things, and starting from the back and driving like a madman and being forced into cars I don't know isn't my idea of fun. I do think I need to have some tweaks with the rF Force Feedback tho, I masacred a good early config and made something better IMHO but now, I can prolly base it off something newer and do something better again

The reality is if I want a race, I pick the game where there is a race, wether thats rF with the GRC or SimRacing, or GTL or GTR with SimRacing. Between them I should find something to do on Tuesday (GT Sprint), Wednesday and Thursday (GRC or SimRacing depending on car types/track) and Sunday (GTR Endurance). I see it as a tool to go racing, I prefer the rF tool at present, but I'll race anything.

How can you not love Essington tho, as you get faster, those Esses just get scarier and scarier.

Fozz

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 08:13:58 PM +0000 »

Each to their own I suppose Smiley

I honestly can't see what you see in that Essington, it seems to be a bit Scalextric to me, the only interesting bits on it are the flat out right hander and the corkscrew like corner. To be fair though I never did like fictional tracks.

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 11:11:45 PM +0000 »

Its a track full of nasty tricks.

There's virtually no part of it that isn't set up to have massive ramifications in lap time if you arse it up. So its constantly daring you to take more and more, just tiny bit of extra commitment gets you half a second, even when you don't think there's any more for you. I was astounded to be 0.5 up on my last practice lap, I thought I had nothing left. Of course it can also mean your in the wall, nothing and nowhere.

Thats what all the great tracks have, something amazing, like Spa and Eau Rouge, somethat that's there to dare you to just to go that little bit quicker.

Fozz

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2006, 09:59:43 AM +0000 »

Its a track full of nasty tricks.

There's virtually no part of it that isn't set up to have massive ramifications in lap time if you arse it up. So its constantly daring you to take more and more, just tiny bit of extra commitment gets you half a second, even when you don't think there's any more for you. I was astounded to be 0.5 up on my last practice lap, I thought I had nothing left. Of course it can also mean your in the wall, nothing and nowhere.

Thats what all the great tracks have, something amazing, like Spa and Eau Rouge, somethat that's there to dare you to just to go that little bit quicker.

Fozz

Well for whats if worth I enjoyed driving the porsche round there the other night as much, if not slightly more than any other car/track combo I've driven. I just feel the two are almost perfectly paired
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2006, 11:11:09 AM +0000 »

Well I think rFactor has sparked the most controversy of any driving sim yet, maybe it really is different on your systems, I can't believe that your tastes can be that much different to mine given we've all been brought here to UKGTR/GTL often via GPL etc.

I'd hate to think my setup of rFactor is subtely arsed up in some way so I think I'll keep my eye out for adjustments and potential problems, and I'll definately keep it's icon on the desktop Smiley

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 01:06:59 PM +0000 »

Well I think rFactor has sparked the most controversy of any driving sim yet, maybe it really is different on your systems, I can't believe that your tastes can be that much different to mine given we've all been brought here to UKGTR/GTL often via GPL etc.

I'd hate to think my setup of rFactor is subtely arsed up in some way so I think I'll keep my eye out for adjustments and potential problems, and I'll definately keep it's icon on the desktop Smiley

Well its pretty stock really, I got some decent FF tweaks, though I'm ripping them apart at present. Perhaps part of the reason is that rF works consistently for me, and disco's / crashes / wierdness are far less common for me in rF than any of SimBin's efforts. I like the way I don't have to get up to put a CD in so I can have a quick razz as well as a dedicated sesh.

So maybe I'm being swayed a bit by the things that you don't generally judge games by, but for me, its a great tool to go racing, all be it with limited high quality assets at present (but there's enough to keep me going :-)  ).

AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2006, 01:19:08 PM +0000 »

You are soooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy Shocked

I must admit almost everything I have is no-cd and GTR\GTL are the only CDs I handle now, very annoying as I like to switch seamlessly from one to another.

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 01:30:58 PM +0000 »

I bought Alcohol to get around CDs.

Dont work for StarForce tho.

Fozz
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 01:32:43 PM +0000 by fozzmeister » Logged

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 02:02:45 PM +0000 »

What? You just drink until you don't care about them any more? Wink

I've got a solution though- install 10 DVD/CD combo drives. You'll never have to switch a  CD again!   Roll Eyes

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 02:42:15 PM +0000 »

I've got a solution though- install 10 DVD/CD combo drives. You'll never have to switch a  CD again!   Roll Eyes

I'm doing that with GTR & GTL now  Grin, Though long term I do wonder if the discs will degrade being permanently in the drives  Undecided
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 02:44:03 PM +0000 »

Adrian, what ff wheel are using? have you tried copying over your GTR/GTL ff settings to your rFactor .PLR file?
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 02:53:04 PM +0000 »

I'm doing that with GTR & GTL now  Grin, Though long term I do wonder if the discs will degrade

I don't think drinking too much will damage the CD's, maybe your liver, but not the CD's....  Wink Grin

Legends Racing simracing team
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2006, 03:08:59 PM +0000 »

Adrian, what ff wheel are using? have you tried copying over your GTR/GTL ff settings to your rFactor .PLR file?

It's a Momo, I did try using the GTR settings and it was marginally better, either that or I was wishing it to be Undecided

After the blue screen I got online the other night my player disappeared so I'll have to try GTL settings and see.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com