by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 08:34:51 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L12FIFT AVUS: September 04, 2012
September 04, 2012, 08:46:53 PM +0100 - AVUS (1951-67) - UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Pelle_B
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#513) GTC-65 1 1:57.293
157.692mph
1 48:23.540
152.885mph
24 1:58.050
156.681mph
Pirelli  
Alex vV
 Gentlemen Drivers Club
Maserati 450S (#66) GTC-65 3 +4.855
151.424mph
2 +1:24.376
148.568mph
24 2:01.680
152.006mph
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 6 +12.038
143.014mph
3 +1L
141.670mph
23 2:07.790
144.739mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#63) GTC-65 5 +11.601
143.499mph
4 +2L
138.176mph
22 2:10.395
141.847mph
Dunlop  
Navin R Johnson
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#133) GTC-65 2 +0.238
157.372mph
5 +14L 10 1:58.484
156.107mph
suspension
Pirelli  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#33) GTC-65 4 +9.872
145.450mph
6 +17L 7 2:06.394
146.337mph
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:57.293
157.692mph
Pelle_B
Qualifying
Maserati 450SSeptember 04, 2012, 08:46:53 PM +0100
L12FIFT
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:58.050
156.681mph
Pelle_B
Race
Maserati 450SSeptember 04, 2012, 08:46:53 PM +0100
L12FIFT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties - AVUS - Sep 4  (Read 10881 times)
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 07:53:57 PM +0100 »

Thanks Alex for the advice concerning braking point at the end of the back straight - that
helped a lot.

Glad I could help.

Navin, bumpdrafting these beautiful Italian thorobreds.. tssssssk. It is no Nascar  Wink

Congrats to Pelle for the win.

Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 09:21:57 PM +0100 »

Navin, bumpdrafting these beautiful Italian thorobreds.. tssssssk. It is no Nascar  Wink
No, this is not Nascar, but called Team works  Grin
Now when talking about NASCAR racing, many could have learned much if they had driven 'NASCAR Racing 2003 Season'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_Racing_2003_Season...a sim from Sierra like GPL, but a completely different tactics.  Cool

Qual
It was purely by chance it was me who had the pole, it could also have been NRJ.
Navin thought like me, it was a simple copy setup from Monza, but no...it did not work at Avus. Did some totally crazy changes & it worked, but did not know if it was fast enough, had no time from you other.

Race
Perfect start (for our Team) I would like to see NRJ finish as number #1 & I hoped KS would switch to 5.7 so we could get a 1-2-3...but in almost every race, it never ends as you dream of  laugh
Unfortunately, a little too early in the race, NRJ show...I'm waiting on the starting line & we take up the fight again. Alex is now in front & a fun KS, NRJ & me down to the orange man, NP KS...I saved it unscathed.
It gave Alex a little more edge - but when you have run Nascar & course is suitable - no problem for NRJ & me. It took maybe only 2 laps before we were up to Alex again...& we came like a train on rails, I must admit...it was hard to keep the car on track because I was laughing  Tongue
@NRJ: Too bad your car was very hurt, I did not know & understand nothing that you could run out of road when it went straight  Shocked
...& a 'Sry' for McRamsay, I did show after race & was suddenly gone in the opposite direction  Roll Eyes (2 points)

Too bad there are not more in this series, but we had fun...& it's the most important thing.

Grats Alex & Ph  thumbup2 ...& to you who were with

Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 03:59:31 AM +0100 »

I was also able to join using either Jag with no probs.  Huh

BTW The Jag had an update and a collision bug fix. Did you get both of them?

I got the collision fix in the right spot now Wink But was not aware of another update for Jag? The link going to nogrip shows Jag 1.0 added in March 2012 which is the one I have so is there a separate update? Huh Once I'm up to date I'll make sure Pelle gets the info because I think he had the same issue Wink Cheers
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 06:49:53 AM +0100 »

How my impressions have changed over the last months:
When these LM55 cars were released I thought that they would be boring and absolutely not my cup of tea,
because I had no relations to 50's racing.
Today I have to say that these cars are so much fun and absolutely sensational.
I'm firmly booked for next season.

I hope that we can get some more participants

Thank you Tony for organizing this series.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 08:47:58 AM +0100 »

Your welcome Kurt. And next season this series moves to main stream Monday nights.

I just love the fact that these guys drove such fast powerfull cars, with no regard for safety, and with awful brakes and tyres that wore out really quickly.

Plus they look and sound amazing. Makes you wonder why no-one thought of creating a 50's mod years ago.

I will be asking for help promoting our GTL Season 13 elsewhere, later this year.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 08:44:00 PM +0100 »

I got the collision fix in the right spot now Wink But was not aware of another update for Jag? The link going to nogrip shows Jag 1.0 added in March 2012 which is the one I have so is there a separate update? Huh Once I'm up to date I'll make sure Pelle gets the info because I think he had the same issue Wink Cheers

Finally we found the problem why I run into you, Thx...collision fix  Grin

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 09:06:39 PM +0100 »

Jag Update http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36155

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:32 PM +0100 »

And next season this series moves to main stream Monday nights.
You have much praise for what you're doing, so I hope you can take some criticism...it is obviously meant as what can be done better next season  Grin
Before a season begins in each series: All tracks & cars in a zip, finished  Cool
It has been too often with problems that join server in this season  Huh
...& avoid all the cars in the pack, we can't use for some reason. For example, now we can't use 5.7 more ?
I spend more time on problems here in UKGTL, than is being spent on a Altbierbude update, which never has problems...& with much more  Cool
It is a proposal, but only intended to make it easier for all  thumbup1

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 12:48:27 PM +0100 »

I was also able to join using either Jag with no probs.  Huh

BTW The Jag had an update and a collision bug fix. Did you get both of them?

Navin, not all your fault. It seems that I had not updated the download links in the race announcement (and I still need to do this for future races too) so you may have inadvertantly taken an older version?

Hopefully we can sort this before next Tuesday (Sept 18th).

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 01:09:27 PM +0100 »

And next season this series moves to main stream Monday nights.
You have much praise for what you're doing, so I hope you can take some criticism...it is obviously meant as what can be done better next season  Grin
Before a season begins in each series: All tracks & cars in a zip, finished  Cool
It has been too often with problems that join server in this season  Huh
...& avoid all the cars in the pack, we can't use for some reason. For example, now we can't use 5.7 more ?
I spend more time on problems here in UKGTL, than is being spent on a Altbierbude update, which never has problems...& with much more  Cool
It is a proposal, but only intended to make it easier for all  thumbup1

Happy to read ideas/feedback from you guys...........

The current Tuesday night Fifties series was produced quickly and unofficially as a response to the newly released 50's LM car mods that arrived unannounced at Nogrip. What was originally just a short season has been extended due to the interest shown. The tracks were provided when necessary from outside sites as I didn't want to burden Dave (my Boss) with the task of producing installers for the tracks if the series died early. Likewise with the cars, however he did create installers for those after the season start which was good of him. Then we had the inevitable updates/patches which you usually get with popular mods as more people drive them and feedback comments to the mod creator. I have tried to keep abreast of these but I will be the first to admit, not as successfully as I would have hoped for.

As the next Fifties series will be "Official" and on Monday nights the tracks will all be available in installers as will the Cars (with all the latest patches included). We will not be producing track or car packs.

I am sorry that your experience here has not been as pleasant as that at Altbierbude. But here is only me and I suspect Altbierbude have a team of Admins. We always endeavor to provide as streamline service as possible but this effort is all done free of charge and in our own time so we have to strike a balance of what we can achieve in the time available.

I understand your frustration at not being able to drive the fastest car in every round of the series. The reason why we impose restrictions is simple. It makes you choose another car to drive. If we did not create limits to car use we may just as well provide only the very fastest car for the whole series as that would be the only one that drivers would choose.

I can tell you now that restrictions on car use will be applied in Series 13. However the exact format is still being pondered. Most likely will be a maximum no.of drives per car limit.

WT

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:13:29 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2012, 05:18:20 AM +0100 »

The current Tuesday night Fifties series was produced quickly and unofficially as a response to the newly released 50's LM car mods that arrived unannounced at Nogrip.
This I fully understand, but a new mod & make the series of 18 race...maybe a 'little' too much. My belief is that a series of 8 race is fine, because. There is always someone who falls from & field becomes smaller. No or few will come to the series, & too little interest because no chance to be champ.

installers
I would rather do without, a large zip with everything put into the 'GameData' folder...unzip to your GTL folder, ready to join server.

I am sorry that your experience here has not been as pleasant as that at Altbierbude.
Compared UKGTL vs. Altbierbude: My UKGTL installation takes up 12.1GB against 43.8GB (including replays)...so here are many tracks & cars I never get to try  Roll Eyes, but you can send your own carskin to Altbierbude & when it gets approved...you can drive in your own car, one thing I miss here in UKGTL. Here we download a skin package I rarely see being used  Huh

I understand your frustration at not being able to drive the fastest car in every round of the series.
It's not about for me driving the fastest car...but the one I like. When you buy GTL, you must implement some race & win to get better (faster) cars
...but here you get worse  Grin
Why should people who practice & spend time building setups & learning tracks to know, downgraded with a car they might not like...fair ?
When the season is over...the result is still the same & everyone is happy  laugh

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2012, 12:09:27 PM +0100 »

We have no intention or desire to change the way that we provide tracks, cars or skins.

As the interest in GTL has diminished over the years we have, we believe, produced a simple delivery method which no-one has ever considered commenting about before. Any car skin packs used today were produced when GTL had a bigger following here and more teams competed hence we had skin submission, testing and approval systems in place. This is no longer considered relevant and not something we intend to spend our free time persuing. The add-on skins packs used today are included as they were created in the past and do not consume anyones free time in providing. I will review their use for Season 13 and decide whether they warrant further inclusion.

I have removed car restrictions for all future races in the current Fifties series so everyone is free to drive what they like. This will prove my point that the majority of cars offered will not be used.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:14:12 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 11:30:26 PM +0100 »

I'm a little sad that there are no other suggestions/criticisms to make it better, but maybe we're just a little more complaining heads here in Denmark & love discussions  Grin
...or is it because everyone agrees what I say. Cheesy All are welcome to join criticism of my suggestions.

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 06:55:31 PM +0100 »

Ok, my 2 cents:

- I do not have any issues downloading mods/upgrades from NoGrip. No complaints here.
- Perhaps the status of the series being experimental wasn't clear to everybody. Then again, is it that important?
- I like to drive the different cars available. So not everybody will take he same cars. Also different tracks will need different cars.
- My thanks to Tony for sticking out his head to organise these series in such short notice. Hope we can attract some more drivers for the oncoming races... spread the word!

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 06:58:51 PM +0100 »

Hope we can attract some more drivers for the oncoming races... spread the word!

Most important point off all  yes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com