Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 11:15:02 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: United Racers League  (Read 17700 times)
UnitedRacersLeague

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:36:38 AM +0100 »

Firstly, huge thanks to Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer, who gave permission for this post.

United Racers League started only just over a year ago, but already we have established a strong foundation for league racing, and we pride ourselves on having a friendly community with competitive racing to suit all experience levels.

The premier URL-1 league runs under simulation rules for experienced, hardcore sim racers, with URL-2 running under semi-pro rules. We also run other one-off events with a variety of mods, with new things in the pipeline all the time.

As we head into Season 4 with the main leagues, let me tell you some details about it.

UNITED RACERS LEAGUE - SEASON 4!!

Season 4 will see the biggest changes in URL since Season 2, where the mixed class grids and 3 extra car models were introduced. To explain the concept behind those changes, let's split it in a few blocks:

New Leagues
There will be 3 Leagues jointly, instead of two as we had since Season 1. To better suit our drivers all over the world, a Division concept used on several sports series is being implemented and we'll have 2 URL-2 Championships running at the same time: URL-2 West, URL-2 East. And, of course, URL-1. All 3 Leagues will be racing on the same set of cars / tracks / rules, so no compromise will be needed.

Summary of new race times:

URL-1: Saturdays, 9pm GMT/UTC (4pm EST; 2pm PST)

URL-2 East: Fridays, 9pm GMT/UTC (4pm EST; 2pm PST)

URL-2 West: Fridays, 8pm EST; 6pm PST (Saturday 1am GMT/UTC)

*Times subject to DST changes, see forum for more details.

People can run in as many leagues as they like, and can choose different teams for each league!

Season 4 cars
The same 8 models of cars available at Season 3 were brought forward to Season 4:
URL-1: Audi R15 TDi, McLaren F1, Porsche 911 GT1-98 and Porsche 956 (Spotter Guide)
URL-2: Corvette C5-R, Aston Martin DBR9, Audi R8 GT and Ferrari 458 Italia (Spotter Guide)

A total of 80 unique skins complete with helmets, wheel rims, and even some sound upgrades have been made on top.

The URL2 car remains largely the same in terms of physics after the warm reception it gained in season 3. Meanwhile the URL1 car physics have been overhauled to a more standard style compared to the Reborn physics used previously. Early impressions suggest that the new physics are proving to be very popular. So far we have had 38 sign ups for season 4 and counting.

Other Changes

- New calendar as usual, containing many classic circuits as well as some URL favourites, as voted for by racers (Season 4 Calendar)
- URL1 race length increased to 60 minutes
- A move to the use of real names ingame
Plus many more minor upgrades. See this thread for full details!

URL Season 4 starts on Friday 24th August.

Hope to see you on track,
The United Racers League team.

Thanks for taking the time to read! Any questions or comments please fire away.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:56 PM +0100 »

How many racers come to a race? Do you have rules "one season - one car"? What's the time in London when the Saturday race start? I stopped trying to guess the race time when I raced with US drivers... A country should only have one time zone!  Tongue Do you have an .exe file to patch vanila game to your mod or is it 175 steps? Dave here spoiled us hideously.  Tongue
Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:06:56 PM +0100 »

How many racers come to a race? Do you have rules "one season - one car"? What's the time in London when the Saturday race start? I stopped trying to guess the race time when I raced with US drivers... A country should only have one time zone!  Tongue Do you have an .exe file to patch vanila game to your mod or is it 175 steps? Dave here spoiled us hideously.  Tongue

hi TT,

i try to make any answears for you, i did last season around half of races and this season i do start full in url2 east.

-there is one car for complete season, there are 4 different cars in url1, WSGTlongtail mclaren, 911 98er porsche, audi R15 and a other older porsche, think 956 or so.
all this 4 cars have identical handling, power, weights, so they are same cars with only other sound and grafic. (tip...mclaren have a extrem great cockpit).
this url1 cars are little faster then orginal GT cars, they have little lower HP and lower weights too.
they are (for my personal thinking) a little bit different to orginal GT in handling and a touch more difficulty to bring this cars on limit, they have a 4th tyre become for superpole quali, supersoft tyres.
the car have 125 litres tank with and the tyres have a little more then 2xmore tyre out become, so it is extrem hard to make a race without pitstop, but still are any variables in race strategy possible in a 60min. race.

-in url2, there are 4 cars too, 458 ferrari, audi R8 GT3, aston martin and C5 corvette, same as in url1, each cars identical, only sound and grafic are diffferent.
this cars could be orginal GTR2 cars, very similar, they are something like M3, RSR and so on, but a little faster, the weight is reduced to under 1000kg and around 450hp and i like this cars a little more then url1 cars.
here the races are 45min., about tyre wear i am not sure, did only little monza testing and in monza tyre wear is extrem low.

-ther are 3 leagues, 2xurl2 one for europa, this is url2 east, where i do drive, here the quali start for me on FRIDAY at around 23.30, so it should be in london then 22.30 (i think), the other url2 west  start any hours later.
url1 do start in same time as url2, but on SATURDAY 22.30 for you.

-there are 1 all in all package where the cars (incl. a patch) and tracks are in, but you can do download in each extra too, then there are perhaps 3 download.

-this season it looks like the number of driver will improve again

you should give it a try, if you have time friday (url2) or saturday (url1) late at night have free time.

servus

....think a URL admin will give you later a better explain, you know my english in not so good and i do still not understand everything in URL with my bad english.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 05:28:26 PM +0100 »

Thats a shame, fridays and saturdays dont work well for me.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
UnitedRacersLeague

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:41:47 PM +0100 »

Thanks Berger for the post.  Grin

Truetom, race times for the UK are:

URL-2 East: Friday 10pm
URL-2 West: Saturday morning, 2am
URL-1: Saturday 10pm

This is when the practice servers go up. The schedule is 30 min practice, 15 mins quali, 10 min quali 2/warmup sessions, then the race.

Note that when the clocks go back for winter (28th October), the races will be an hour earlier in the UK and elsewhere, so 9pm practice start.

For driver numbers per race, usually between 12-18 in the championship events in the past 2 seasons, but in the new system we expect this may increase (especially in URL-2 East) as drivers aren't limited to one class. We have over 40 seats accounted for across the 3 leagues for season 4, with several more of our regular racers expected to sign up still.

The downloads aren't .exe, but the usual where you just extract to GTR2's main folder. We have an all in one file, so it is just 1 download and one installation step.

Spanner - even if you cannot make all races, you would still be welcome.  Smiley
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 12:47:52 PM +0100 »

Weather? In game vanila, weather generator, predictability? Smiley
When is the first race? Do you have any test races before the season starts? Do you have any servers on line to try the mods (now)?

Your forum link gives me a "Server not found" error.
Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:50:22 PM +0100 »

hello TT,

in URL it is the changeable weather patch, the one which have the orginal GTR2 weather, BUT !!!!!!   it do change during the race the condition and the temperatures.
it is the weather how GTR2 should work, but it do not work (sadly).
so nobody knows what comes in race, totaly random, it can change much during a race in conditon/temps. but it can still be for 45/60min. nearly same the complete race.

only information is in the track file (think .gdb), here you can see the possibility of rain, here is something with 0.3 for example, this means this track have average 30% rain in START of race.

servus
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:00 PM +0100 »

Thanks but the race is on too late for me Sad

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
UnitedRacersLeague

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 08:58:47 PM +0100 »

Weather? In game vanila, weather generator, predictability? Smiley
When is the first race? Do you have any test races before the season starts? Do you have any servers on line to try the mods (now)?

Your forum link gives me a "Server not found" error.

http://www.unitedracersleague.com/

I would hope that the above link works  Tongue  I think my forum autologin masked any problems with the original link.

Weather is as Berger says.

First races of the new season are tomorrow at Monza! We ran the non-champ warmup races already. For servers, we have practice session servers every weeknight that are quite popular and a good opportunity to trade setup advice, etc etc.

Hope this info helps.
Scotty
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 04:18:29 PM +0100 »

Thanks Berger and Scotty for info, will try to join.  Smiley
UnitedRacersLeague

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 06:34:16 PM +0000 »

After some recent site downtime i am please to announce that United Racers League is back online and ready to rock for Season 5!

Our format and mod has been completely overhauled and expanded to a massive 17 models and 22 teams competing in a GT1 style car class compromising mainly of legendary GT1 cars, plus a couple of extras that could concievably have competed in the class, but never did. The chances are that any participant will find a car they want to drive with no problem at all.

See the lineup below in our Season 5 spotter guide!

(Higher res image here)

As usual we have 10 rounds this season, including the likes of Jarama, Adelaide, Silverstone, Sebring and many more. Full calendar is here!

This week we have two warmup races:
- Tuesday 19th, Qualifying at 7:30pm UK time: Imola
- Friday 22nd, Qualifying at 9:30pm UK time: Brno

These two events provide a great opportunity for racers to get a feel for the cars and to try out any car they want in the race. All newcomers are very welcome. :-)

Lots more info at the United Racers League forum.

Hopefully see you there!
UnitedRacersLeague

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 03:05:02 PM +0000 »

http://youtu.be/tzO7ok_ITQU

Demo of the upcoming GTR2 Season 5 at United Racers League.

First round is at Jarama on March 5th - newcomers are very welcome!

Signups are already open for the season but with 44 cars to choose from there is something for everyone.

Head over to www.unitedracersleague.com for more!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:06:39 PM +0000 by UnitedRacersLeague » Logged
UnitedRacersLeague

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 09:04:36 PM +0100 »

Hello fellow simracer!

We would like to invite you to join the UnitedRacersLeague.com (URL) GT racing action next Tuesday (14th of May) at the Adelaide Street Circuit in Australia. This renowned racing venue will be hosting the 9th round of URL-GT season 5.

Official practice will start at 7:30pm UK time and last for 30 minutes. Following that will be Qualifying  at 8pm. The race will start at approximately 8:30pm UK time and last for 60 minutes.

If you are interested in our GTR2 based GT league, please take a look and register at www.unitedracersleague.com for more info about our league and great community. Our staff members will make sure to assist you in every way possible.

Last Tuesday we had a fierce soaking wet race at Circuit Zolder which provided some very enjoyable racing. With only 2 more round to go this season (Adelaide and Silverstone), both the drivers and the teams championship are tighter than ever. This would be the best moment to join us and be prepared to battle for the crown in Season 6, which is just around the corner!

Pack your bags and make the trip to Adelaide, you won't regret it!

Take a look at both threads below to get up to speed on what you need to be wheel to wheel with us next Tuesday.

http://unitedracersleague.com/showthread.php?809-Season-05-League-Information
http://unitedracersleague.com/showthread.php?871-URL-GT-Season-5-Round-9-Adelaide

See you on track!

UnitedRacersLeague
UnitedRacersLeague

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 08:43:03 AM +0100 »

Hello fellow simracer!

We would like to invite you to join the UnitedRacersLeague.com (URL) GT racing action next Tuesday (21st of May) at the legendary Silverstone circuit in the UK. This renowned racing venue will be hosting the 10th and final round of the 5th season of the URL-GT championship.
Official practice will start at 7:30pm UK time and last for 30 minutes. Following that will be Qualifying  at 8pm. The race will start at approximately 8:30pm UK time and last for 60 minutes. Please note the race will start at 20.00 in-game so it will go dark!

If you are interested in our GTR2 based GT league, please take a look and register at www.unitedracersleague.com for more info about our league and great community. Our staff members will make sure to assist you in every way possible.

Last Tuesday we were in Australia at the tigh Adelaide Street Circuit where the championship took another dramatic turn. Miguel Santiago Carou (P1 in the drivers championship) crashed out of the lead with terminal damage and Dimitrios Batzios went on to take the win, with Mario in second. This makes the championship standings even closer before the last race next week. Nothing is decided yet, have your say and and be prepared to battle for the crown in Season 6, which is just around the corner! Make friends now and win the teams championship next season!

Pack your bags and make the trip to Silverstone, you won't regret it!

Find all information regarding the URL-GT league and the upcoming race in the following threads:
http://unitedracersleague.com/showthread.php?878-URL-GT-Season-5-Round-10-Silverstone
http://unitedracersleague.com/showthread.php?809-Season-05-League-Information
UnitedRacersLeague

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 10:31:55 AM +0100 »

Dear fellow simracer!

Get ready for season 6 of the UnitedRacersLeague.com GT championship!

The URL-GT championship is a GTR2 based league with all bells and whistles. Custom made car liveries, unique physics, custom URL loading screens, URL track side banners, and so much more.

New physics

All the cars this season will have a unique feel to them as we will introduce custom physics for all cars, including 3 different tire brands. This means every car will have his own strengths and weaknesses as in real life. This is a massive change to the league which will add more depth to the racing over the course of the season. The cars are balanced in performance, so you can choose whichever car suits your driving style and maximise your own performance.

Races are on Tuesdays (UK times):

7.30pm: Official practise (30 mins)
8.00pm: Qualifying (15 mins) followed by drivers briefing
8.30pm: Race (60 mins)

At URL you can expect a very friendly atmosphere with competitive action on track. We have drivers of all sim racing experience levels racing with us so there is always someone to race against!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested? Check out our forum at www.unitedracersleague.com, register and join the fun!

Check out the S6 calendar and keep those time slots free in your agenda.
Download the carpack and trackpack and start practising.
Sign up (as a team or individually)  before Monday 17th June to be included in the first round of car picks for the new season and ensure you get one of the cars you want to drive.
Then start preparing to join the fun first Pre-season Fun Race @ Hockenheim on Tuesday 11th June.

This pre-season race is a great oportunity to see how you stack up against the competition and to test out the cars in a racing situation as car choice will not be final yet - car choice is completely open at the pre-season races.

Check out the full car lineup in our Season 6 Spotter Guide.

You can find all info regarding the GT league via the URL-GT tab at the top of the forum. If you have any further questions or problems, all our staff members will be there to help you as soon as possible.

See you on track!

The URL Staff

www.unitedracersleague.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com