The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 03:12:29 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Simbins new Race room Experience  (Read 38948 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2015, 06:33:58 PM +0000 »

Did anyone notice the little NSU TTS folder in their game data ready for release soon. About 60hp of rear engined air cooled madness  Shocked

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2015, 07:35:56 PM +0000 »

Did anyone notice the little NSU TTS folder in their game data ready for release soon. About 60hp of rear engined air cooled madness  Shocked
It's old so BRING IT ON!

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2015, 08:32:04 AM +0000 »

Did anyone notice the little NSU TTS folder in their game data ready for release soon. About 60hp of rear engined air cooled madness  Shocked
It's old so BRING IT ON!

Yeah, that should be fun. I once drove a  regular TT, but it's so long ago, that I don't remember what it was like :- ))

Stig

@ GT: The TTS had more than 60 PS IRL:  http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/nsu/1000_nsu/tts/1967.html
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:36:59 AM +0000 by Hotkeys » Logged

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2015, 01:24:45 PM +0000 »

It's old so BRING IT ON!

The GTL mod was always fun or was that rose tinted, I'm not sure I really remember now.. lol.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2015, 12:55:54 AM +0000 »

So: is it worth it or not?  Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2015, 11:09:56 AM +0000 »

So: is it worth it or not?  Smiley

yes

For those who are confused at the cost and not sure what they are getting into I thought I'd do an exercise based on current prices and buying 5000 vrp from the RR store (34.99 Euros) to see what could be done. Remember there are often deals/promotions to be had so it might be worth waiting to take advantage of those.

https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

For what I have planned for weekly Sunday races in 2016 you will need:

American track pack 679
European track Pack 2649
Spa 549
"GTR3" car 299 (some GT3 cars are more/less expensive)

Total Cost for Sundays 4176 vrp

+Daytona Proto 229 (optional for the 6 multiclass races only if you want to drive it)

+Historic Thursdays (not sure what Matt has planned and might mean buying more tracks)

Gr5 car 279
DTM '92 M3 249
Touring classic M3 49 (if you already bought the DTM '92 M3)
Can't quite afford the M1 Procar on this budget , but there is a way to do this  Wink

Grand Total 4753 for racing Sundays and Thursdays

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 11:22:57 AM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2015, 11:27:18 AM +0000 »

Questions:
1. Is it better than AC?
2. More important: is this going to THE sim to be raced here? Don't want to invest into something that won't be living here.

Not tried free content yet, installing.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2015, 11:32:21 AM +0000 »

Questions:
1. Is it better than AC?
2. More important: is this going to THE sim to be raced here? Don't want to invest into something that won't be living here.

Not tried free content yet, installing.
1. Very much down to personal preference, opinions vary.
2. Yes it is as long for as we receive enough drivers.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2015, 11:55:19 AM +0000 »

hi TT,

for my personal thinking...

i like R3E more then AC, the racing atmosphere? is more better, i like the grafic and how the tracks like, i do feel more, that i do make a race , then i have in AC, in AC the races to much sterile? .
in AC i never feel good if i drive very close to other cars, as sometimes in AC there happen "dump" accidents what normaly was not a accident, in R3E i feel more save to drive close to other cars.

the setup for car is not so advantaged (not so much things in setup menü) as it is in AC, but i am not expert in setup, so i like to not adjust so much things (where many i do not realy understand), very basic the setup menü in R3E is.
and there are still any missing things in R3E, which comes later,
so you always start with a full tank, or you can not adjust the tyrepressure in setup for example, but since any days now, you can make in pitstop fueldoing too, so longer races are now possible too, with strategy part.

R3E is much bigger then AC in cars and tracks, so the game is more expensive too, if you buy everything,
but in R3E only racecars are, which are more better for online leagues then the many street cars in AC, which are not needed for leagues (for longer life of a league),
there a many great racecategories in R3E and all handles different, like the boring, easy GT3 or the more difficulty group5 cars, where they have NO ABS and TC and driving and brakeing is not easy in this cars, but very much fun.

grafic is for me better too as in AC (i know most people say opposite), the opponent cars looks so realistic and grafic feeling is great too, sound is very good too and for me the FFB feels so great too (G27), i am very happy with this racegame,
sadly there are not much online leagues actual and here we are around 6-11 drives most of the races, but i see, that this racegame start to grow a little online now too,
the server are not so empty as it was 0.5 years ago and in RD for example the "club races" have much drivers too.

sadly this racegame have not so good image from start as for example AC had, i was very happy with AC in beginning, but now not so much anymore, i am do not like the new tyremodel (again, oppsite like many others write) in GT cars, never come the good racing feelin in AC, it is more a much detailed hotlapping simulator for me and for leagues not so good as R3E is.
but R3E is still behind the old racegames in how leagues works, GTR2, rf1, rf2, GSC for example still better for leagues (but old, and rf2 i do not like the exrem much front tyre wear)

this is only how i see this, for me R3E is actual my main racegame, simply because the great feeling in the races.

servus

edit...free content...do not test in raceroom track, this is bad track and do not show the potential of this racegame, do test in algarve.
and you can test in "competition" in portal many great raceseries, like DTM 2015, ADAC GT3, WTCC2014, touring classic and a few other for FREE, including setup doing, here you can as long as you like drive for free many many cars in different good tracks, best this is for someone which do not buy things or test longer the different series.

servus
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 11:58:00 AM +0000 by Berger R - 74 » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2015, 01:52:59 PM +0000 »

Good write up Reinhard.  thumbup1
There are still things missing from this, on line chat is still only while in car for e.g, setup options are not yet complete, but they seem to be being added gradually.
Since I started the Thursday Historic series there have been several updates fixing bugs, and bringing in new features/content.
Dave Gymer has put in time to create a results entry system so it now fits in well with our normal race series we do on here.  I Am Not Worthy
I intend to keep running R3E for the forseeable future, as I agree very much with Reinhard and I believe this is growing thing.

For the Thursday "Historic" series so far people will need:

DTM92 car pack, or just buy one of the cars in it if you prefer.
Touring Classics car pack, or any one car.
Group 5 car pack, or any one car
BMW M1 Procar, not sure if you can buy an individual skin or not.
Hillclimb cars (free)

Euro Track pack
American Track Pack
Suzuka
Spa
Salzburgring
Bathurst
(Maybe - Paul Ricard, as some already have it.)

These things tend to grow over time, so other tracks, and maybe cars might be added later.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:56:17 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2015, 05:19:42 PM +0000 »

I'm sorry but have you been waiting for 'the next big thing' TT, which is why we havent seen you around? When you could have been driving any number of different sims we've run. Sad

They all have there crowd of drivers, there will never be a singular sim as they all cater for different needs. You need to try them and decide which one you want to drive! People need ot accpt we are nver going to get to grids 20+ 'like old days' as we now have so many other things to do, plus quite a number have been and gone as life has changed. If your still interested TT please drive something!

Personally RRRRRRE is a fun drive, enjoyable (when it works) not a complete sim, with limited setup options and no obvious tyre modelling/ moitoring, the interface design means you dont really get to interact with others. But it does have alot of content, is still being updated, though having read an interview with the devs seems to have rather too many ideas to probably see the light of day anytime soon, but there is potential here.

All the sims nowadays are being constantly worked on, with regular updates so you have to put up with changes going on, like the last big AC update changed to tyre handling so sadly you need to put up with things constantly changing ala iR.

But its also something being run here, and now matter how much i try looking around, i still want to race here where i can race with people i know and have raced against in the past, and with new people, with the same ideology.

sorry rant over, normal service....

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:25:25 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2015, 06:40:32 PM +0000 »

Hey Spanner, nothing like that. I'm in a process of recovering and feel the need for some speed, so...  Wink

Don't know if I'll be that interested as I was in GTR2, but we'll  see. It's just that AC is not the thing I was waiting for. Thanks all for clearing things, need to try some laps.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2015, 10:48:59 PM +0000 »

Glad your on the road to recovery TT  Smiley good to see you back in the racing frame of mind.

Personally I think RR sucks next to AC, whereas others love it, but each to his own  Wink all you can do is Try it for yourself and make up your own mind.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2015, 11:37:59 PM +0000 »

Oh ok, sorry. The lst thing i remember you posting was that you wernt sure what to do 'next' and was waiting to see what took off.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2015, 07:54:12 AM +0000 »

Just bought Spa, both US and Euro track packs plus DP pack for around 2500points last night so the content is usually discounted to some extent.

Just wish they didnt use the vrp currency to lose the monetary value of what your actually spending, because i want to know what i'm spending! showing the cost in euros doesnt help!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com