The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 06:14:59 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Simbins new Race room Experience  (Read 38935 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2015, 08:38:36 AM +0000 »

Just bought Spa, both US and Euro track packs plus DP pack for around 2500points last night so the content is usually discounted to some extent.

Just wish they didnt use the vrp currency to lose the monetary value of what your actually spending, because i want to know what i'm spending! showing the cost in euros doesnt help!
You can change currency to GBP

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2015, 09:09:19 AM +0000 »

Just bought Spa, both US and Euro track packs plus DP pack for around 2500points last night so the content is usually discounted to some extent.

Just wish they didnt use the vrp currency to lose the monetary value of what your actually spending, because i want to know what i'm spending! showing the cost in euros doesnt help!
You can change currency to GBP

And you can purchase via your steam wallet but usually that means less value for your money (steam's cut) and there are minimum transactions (IIRC). Steam does have sales though (as does RR) and these can be a great way of picking up content.

I like the VRP method as it's easy to calculate back to Euro/GBP. I think it's quite fun to think of it as a racing budget as you would have in real life except our hobby is in £s instead of £100,000s per season Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2015, 09:50:01 AM +0000 »

I am not a rich man, but I can't be bothered worrying about something I very much want costing me a fiver or so.
I just do it. Maybe that's why I will never be rich  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
AndrexUK

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2015, 12:05:59 PM +0000 »

I'm currently in league in Project Cars, but the bugs / issues / apparent lack of development / support has encouraged me to look at alternatives.
I have AC as well, and when it was first released, it felt really good, I concentrated on pCars, so didn't follow the developments on AC, but I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as even buggy pCars.

So, I had a re-visit of RRE (I tried it when it was first available, and the core felt good, if lacking content / etc.
The 'Pay for DLC' concept put me off, thinking the prices would be close to iRacing (not the case), and it dropped off my radar.

Installed it again, and tried the free content - and it just felt .....Right!
Perhaps a bit of a Simbin fanboy (not really, but did love GTR1/2), and I think the physics are of GTR2 quality.
Easy to drive, but hard to master, and will punish mistakes.
So I looked at purchasing some content, and this is my biggest issue with RRE just now, but in a good way!
I just can't stop buying content!!!
Most of the GT3 cars are about £0.55 just now (75% off)
I picked up the ADAC 2014 GT3 pack > Auro track pack > US track pack > 2 cars > Spa, and I don't even recall the total, as each addition was not making a huge difference to the total. (It would be in the region of £38.00 I guess). (Gutted I looked into this after that black friday deal Sad(( ).

Now this is with me not having money to burn, and I'm still not even sure that I'm going to ditch pCars, and yet I purchased this content (have since bought 2 DTM packs, and another couple of cars...).

The only thing that I needed, was a league to join......Taa daa!!!! Hi !!! (Would love the guys to use the TeamSpeak more and make it more of a social thing, but each to their own I guess Sad ).

All this could be "The grass is always greener / Honeymoon period / Rose tinted glasses / etc" but I can only see RRE growing stronger and stronger as more people join in. And I am bringing quite a few pCars drivers over, which seem to be loving it too. (They have some servers, and may build their own league, but the setup of the GT3 racing on this league is almost perfect for me, so I would encourage them to join here!).

From what I understand, Simbin's GTR3 isn't 100% dead (even though Simbin died off, and half moved to RRE's Sector 3). but I don't hold much hope for GTR3 in the near future (if at all!).

pCars2 ? They have not done a good job with pCars1, and are witholding content / features, to make pCars2 more desirable, when they should have been put into pCars1...) and the patches have been causing real issues with Multiplayer... > If they fix it, I think it has potential to be a top contender for the best Driving Sim, but I've lost a lot of faith Sad

iRacing ? Just can't justify the price, simple as that.

Pete Beardsley

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 28, 2015, 12:31:08 PM +0000 »

Wow! Have you been stealing my life story AndrexUK?!  Grin I feel pretty much exactly the same as you. I have most of the widely used sims (and suck at them all!) but pCARS has so far been my favourite, despite the abysmal MP situation. I tried out R3E just after I started sim racing back in May (yes I'm a total newb) but didn't really get on with it, though I think that said more about my abilities as a driver than the game to be fair. I tried it again recently and found the experience was a complete transformation and I was lucky enough to fall into the Black Friday deal so I have all the content going and for not much money compared to what some people have spent. It has to be said though, that the business model does make this an expensive game in the grand scheme of things.
I am not a quick driver and invariably finish last or close to it, but bit by bit my skills are growing. As for MP the lobbies with free content are a bit of a disaster, but once in the paid for content lobbies, things improve quite a lot.
I really like the look of the Historics series starting Jan 7th as these are the cars that I grew up with (Yes, I'm a newb but I'm also an old fart!) so I am hoping to take part and not get in the way of too many people!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2015, 04:08:29 PM +0000 »

Welcome Pete, There are plenty of old farts on here.... and there is a wide range of driver skill levels
We have a few aliens  alien some mid fielders, and a few who tend to be towards the rear, so you should fit
it whatever your pace.

I have so far only posted the 1st race in Historic Series 3, but there will be a lot more. Traditionally
my historic series (Power and Glory for the last few years) start in January, and end In December
this year I might break it up into 2 or more shorter series, or, the ones who start in January have an advantage
in the championship points by virtue of having done more events, and I am hoping that these series - my Thursday
Historics, and Tudor's GT3(ish) series on Sundays will continue to grow throughout the year. As always with these
things, the more who come, the more will come, so anyone's attendance is much appreciated, as that encourages others
to come out to play with us as well  Grin

Holiday time at the moment, and I will be away for the next few days, but I will post a few more events before next Thursday
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:55:18 AM +0000 by phspok » Logged

Pete Beardsley

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2015, 06:54:57 PM +0000 »

Hey thanks phspok, that is quite reassuring to know.
I think I just need to put in LOTS of practice and I will get there. I will confess I am very nervous about Macau though, as it has always been a problem track for me and I don't want to be a mobile chicane!  Grin
I like the idea of splitting into two (or more) series, the reasoning you give makes very good sense to me.
Enjoy the holidays and I'll look forward to seeing a few more events when you have time.
Cheers!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 01, 2016, 08:15:38 PM +0000 »

Looks like nords is getting closer and already looking very good.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giqyaXUh-3Q

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2016, 10:09:16 PM +0000 »

Any chance of assurances it wont be used here :'(

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2016, 10:49:10 PM +0000 »

Any chance of assurances it wont be used here :'(

Well GT3 or DTM92 could be a lot of fun with big grids but yeah I hear what you're saying.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2016, 01:28:42 PM +0000 »

I will definately be using it for at least one event this year. Maybe two over the year.
SOme love it, some hate it, but there are so few (relative to GTR2/GTL) tracks in this I am incined to use any that I think will work
with the cars.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 04, 2016, 11:23:20 AM +0000 »

Always hated this track, ruins multiplayer as you see noone anywhere and I usually quit.  Undecided
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: January 04, 2016, 12:00:10 PM +0000 »

Well at my pace I often don't see anyone either at any track  Roll Eyes

Nords is something that I wouldn't use often, it is to me a special case, a sort of an endurance test
which I enjoy occasionally. Macau is a similar sort of thing, it is "unusual" and has a different challenge
than the normal wide loads of room, plenty of run off sort of track.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2016, 04:29:46 PM +0000 »

New historic content coming:  thumbup1

https://www.facebook.com/raceroom/posts/1120212804664002
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2016, 07:02:56 PM +0000 »

A bit modern perhaps to be historics, but looks good, I said earlier that if the Audi got some friends we would probably include them
Oh heck, now I have to shoehorn in 5 classes..... I'm sure we will cope  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com