The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 02:39:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Simbins new Race room Experience  (Read 38929 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2015, 08:56:31 AM +0100 »

I can do Thursdays.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2015, 09:09:37 AM +0100 »

Will have to skip Tuesday, but interested for R3E on Thursday. Just haven't bought any content yet.. Spend it all on a DFGT and Assetto Corsa angel
Willing to buy a single car for this purpose though.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2015, 09:14:59 AM +0100 »

Will have to skip Tuesday, but interested for R3E on Thursday. Just haven't bought any content yet.. Spend it all on a DFGT and Assetto Corsa angel
Willing to buy a single car for this purpose though.
You will need Norisring too.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2015, 09:18:01 AM +0100 »

I have AI set to Adaptive in my offline Championship. I easily won at Brands Hatch so looked forward to round 2 at Zandvoort. I was totally outclassed. Qualified midfield and was bashed off the track on the first lap. Also my wheel and view settings were corrupted after I went to replay so had to set them up again.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2015, 10:09:40 AM +0100 »

I can do Thursdays.

Oh, but not this Thursday (25th). I'm racing at Race Connect tonight so that's my quota for the week I'm afraid, sorry guys.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2015, 10:27:15 AM +0100 »

The test event will be next week, not this week.
There is a P&G event at Oulton Park this week, which all are invited to.

It doesn't need to be Norisring if people have not bought the Euro Track pack.

That's just what it's running at the moment.

I have restarted the server with a "RaceRoom" track. I don't know it yet, but I think it's a free one.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:05:01 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2015, 06:09:54 PM +0100 »

Just hopped onto server to test and a couple of things I noticed Matt. The practise session moved on to quali ok but quali seemed to start on track in hotlap mode instead of from pits which is how it's been in other online races I've tried. Also when you drive into the pitlane the auto pilot takes over which I've not noticed before. Maybe these are related to server settings?

Here's a guide...

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/multiplayer-dedicated-how-to.687/

The raceroom track is free but it's a bit dull imo and doesn't really show RR at its best. Portimao is also one of the included free tracks and has several layouts which could be a bit more exciting.

Glad to see RR is being given a chance. I much prefer the DTM '92 cars to their similar models in AC and even though the cars lack a bit of setup detail (most notably tyre pressures) they more than make up for it in feel. I'll be there next Thursday  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2015, 06:54:42 PM +0100 »

In offline the ai takes over your car for pitstops. Also don't think the garage lets you tinker with fuel (unless I've missed that).

If the test is week Thursday count me in.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:53:58 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2015, 08:52:33 AM +0100 »

Glad to see RR is being given a chance. I much prefer the DTM '92 cars to their similar models in AC and even though the cars lack a bit of setup detail (most notably tyre pressures) they more than make up for it in feel. I'll be there next Thursday  Smiley

What the smack? I was so happy driving the E90 DTM Assetto Corsa earlier this week and now you are implying i bought into the wrong game GT? Wink

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2015, 08:54:36 AM +0100 »

You try it for free on Steam this weekend.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2015, 09:23:15 AM +0100 »

I spent a bit more time with this last night, and I am getting to like it.
Managed to get the steering so I could drive it by reducing the lock from 900 down to 400 on my G27
and now it feels "normal" The sound needs some mixing I think. The engine noise is weedy compared to the
road noise/tyre scrub etc, so pushed those down to 50% and the engine at 100% and it sounds more
realistic now. I set off Portimao on my server, and changed a couple of settings, so maybe it will now
start in the pits rather than mid track.The on line is still lacking a lot of features, or I just can't find them....
No replays, no results file, can't see whether anyone is connected other than from the server web page
but that seems to lie.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2015, 09:44:50 AM +0100 »

The Multiplayer is only Beta tho

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2015, 10:22:15 AM +0100 »

Yep, it actually say "Alpha" on mine, so it's a way to go yet.

Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2015, 06:57:46 PM +0100 »

hi,

how the cars do drive in raceroom game is great,
and the game did improve extrem to good in last months/year.

i did already any online races (not public races) and you can drive extrem close to other drivers and no shake shake like in GTR2, perhaps netcode is name for this, the online is much better then AC, GTR2 for example, same level as rf2 is.
any things still missing like results, changeable weather and save different setups for same track/car (only last setup it do save for a car in a track), and perjhaps any other which i have forgot (like it is in every new racegame)
but drive online close to other cars is so much fun in raceroom game (here is AC miles behind, i still do not trust AC online, if i drive very close to other car, so i let always little space between cars to be save), the FFB effect very good too (for me), grafic is very good too, little behind AC and pcars, but after any time if you drive then suddently it looks so realistic the car/track, no idea why this is for me, AC looks a little sterile (but little better, especialy the cars) and the carsound is very good too.

for me it is best new racegame actual, is simply like the carhandling and feeling if you drive, if any missing things do come in future all is good, but same as in AC, it takes endless time till the game is finished.
i do nearly drive only the GT3 cars (ADAC gt masters), so i can not speak about all cars.

but somehow not much driver do make online races, probably because of the system hw you can pay so much different cars/track, and many do not have every car/track combination, the prize for car/tracks is not so much, if you do NOT buy single cars or tracks, the carpack or trackpacks are good for money, but there are so much which you can buy, so if you have all things, it is then realy expensive, it is always good to buy if special low prices days/weeks are.

i would be happy if UKGTR do make races with raceroom game, actual i do make 1x a week a race in RD, but sadly there are not much drivers in the races (only in WTCC races, here sometimes people from sector3 do drive too, think jay ekkel and someone which name is ortner (or similar to this), but i do not like WTCC cars, so i do not make this races.

servus

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2015, 07:16:48 PM +0100 »

Wow i wasnt expecting that, theres no accounting for taste Tongue

I took me along time to get AC FFB to my liking, I've only briefly played it but it didnt feel quite so raw as even GTR2, but it felt like Race 07, more interms of the modern looking interface. Only tried the Saleen round Portimao for a few laps.

Do you have to buy carpacks or can you do single cars? How do you earn points to buy things? Does it take forever?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com