The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 07:47:36 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Simbins new Race room Experience  (Read 38660 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:57:36 PM +0100 »

Well, i was blown away by it.

http://www.virtualr.net/raceroom-racing-experience-teaser-released

Yes, its only a teaser, with all aids on around a fictional track as a timetrial competition but the sounds are amazing, the graphics are amazing, there is a good means of adjusting the FFB and visually i get far more feedback from it as the screen is moving around alot exagerating the movement.

I just tried to drive the iR GT40 aafter and it felt a bit numb! think i'll go back to it...

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:14:54 PM +0100 »

Not much to do tonight so I'm downloading the free teaser right now. Hope to give it a dam good thrashing later.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:14:25 PM +0100 »

The download didn't take too long and the install was painless, however you don't appear to get a choice in where it goes (C:/ by default)

You only get one car and one track (Fantasy) and everything is set at Moron level. I hate driving cars with LCD displays as everything happens so quickly you never get a chance to look at it! Don't enjoy these modern motors so perhaps I'm not the best person to ask about the handling, feel etc. It all seemed OK but as every driving aid is switched on (probably) it's no wonder I was hot lapping without any spins, crashes etc. The menu is easy to navigate but as this is a cut down version a lot of choices are greyed out. The software found my G27 OK and provided an adequate set of settings which I didn't feel the need to change except for the steering lock which was set to shallow for my taste. Graphics/sound are what you would expect from a new sim engine, no complaints with those. The track sucks IMO (think Namco arcade stylee) but it does give you every kind of turn imaginable so in that respect it does it's job well. You can set up a ghost car (your best lap) to race after but this gets boring quite quickly. You can also turn on a "racing line" but I didn't as I find that takes away the fun of learning it for yourself, whilst learning the track. Oh yes you can also join a world leaderboard of fastest laps if your that bothered (I wasn't).

I wonder if the multiplayer will allow AI drivers and what content will be available (at cost) later?

Worth looking at as I get a sneaking feeling that Pay to Race might well become the way to go for this software house. Hope they go Historic tho as these modern cars leave me cold.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 07:14:14 PM +0100 »

Well the saleen has made it fun Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Must be the arcade physics as it doesnt feel as heavy, soft and understeerery as the GTR2 version!

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 07:04:12 PM +0000 »

Steam is currently saying the game is now released, but havent got round to playing with it.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 03:19:24 PM +0000 »

Anyone tried this yet?  Watched some vids on steam and looked pretty good, though couldnt make my mind up if the cars looked like they were moving about realistically  Undecided

I see theyve just got some RuF Porsches in to play with too  Cool

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 04:40:18 PM +0000 »

I'm usually keen to try new sims, but this one just doesn't appeal somehow  Undecided I hate to be cynical, but isn't this Simbin's response to their seemingly abandoned GTR3 ?

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 08:11:06 PM +0000 »

What they neglected to mention is its still a beta.

But unless you start spending money on buying tracks and cars your left with a demo, one track and about 5 or 6 cars.

Annoyingly i doesnt work with 3 screens, defaults to the middle one.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:31:08 AM +0000 »

didnt know they had abandoned GTR3?  but wouldnt surprise me with the ridiculous strangle-hold some console software companies have obtained on different car brands  Angry  hence why you see a RuF porsche rather than the real deal etc.  Roll Eyes  its hard to offer a modern sim based on the GT scene.

Rf2 seems to be slowly adding more content but are taking forever. I havent touched that for months either. Amazing we are still having to use GTR2 after 5+ years !

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 10:49:48 AM +0000 »

From what I read Simbin had to make a decision to do a one-off purchase game with content (like GTR2) or have a pay service online (like iRacing) and drip-feed content. I would have preferred GTR3 and paid for one or two DLC packs over the following year. Plus, like iRacing, these online communities are just the same. You race one model of car (not a nice selection like a real race series) and usually with strangers so there isn't much of a community feel anyhow.

Rf2 seems to be slowly adding more content but are taking forever. I havent touched that for months either. Amazing we are still having to use GTR2 after 5+ years !

This is the most encouraging for me. I got it 6 months ago and was hugely impressed by the FFB. Admittedly progress is slow but they are taking their time to get it right and haven't hung themselves with any release dates being published. But progress is obvious from trying each update and already 3rd party mods are being released.

I have the small £10 package for pCARS but my comp can't run it on any decent graphics settings so I'd rather not drive it at all for now.

The next generation of sims are taking their time to come out but all this competition has to be healthy! And one or two should rise to the top!!!! My rig is getting old now and my card (GTS 250) is struggling so I'm leaving it to the last minute to upgrade!

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 11:05:13 AM +0000 »

Well there's every chance that AC will be released in the very near future  Cool

Just hope my duo core E8400 and GTX460 will cope with it as I'm in no mood for big upgrades atm  Undecided

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 10:30:43 AM +0000 »

What they neglected to mention is its still a beta.

But unless you start spending money on buying tracks and cars your left with a demo, one track and about 5 or 6 cars.

Annoyingly i doesnt work with 3 screens, defaults to the middle one.
I think there's more than one track. I tried it a little bit, and found a rally like track through the woods. That's beside the first track, which was some fantasy purpose built track (don't remember any track names). Can you earn ingame currency by racing, setting fastest laps and such or is it only buy game currency with real money?
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 01:28:02 PM +0100 »

Hi guys,

Stumbled on to some new releases (patches and DLC) for this title. Looks like in in its newest state it could be considered a proper race game.. despite its controversial purchase model. Roll Eyes Anyone here has tried it lately and wants to share his opinion here?
Cheers

School is important, but race cars are importanter
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 10:31:50 AM +0100 »

Hi guys,

Stumbled on to some new releases (patches and DLC) for this title. Looks like in in its newest state it could be considered a proper race game.. despite its controversial purchase model. Roll Eyes Anyone here has tried it lately and wants to share his opinion here?
Cheers

I tried the demo very briefly quite a while back and wasn't very impressed. Seems like there has been a lot of work since then and the latest version comes out better in some of the reviews I've read so might give the demo another run in the next few days.

The purchase model seems sensible as the various car packs at least give a choice depending on your racing taste though the actual cost of these is a bit confusing at first glance.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 03:22:20 PM +0100 »

I've seen some good things talked about this recently with a few major updates to the driving model, tires etc. Ininitialy tried it when it came out and enjoyed it but the whole pricing model scared me. Keep meaning to try it out again though it is a big download, along with the updated rF2

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com