The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 05:06:43 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Simbins new Race room Experience  (Read 38658 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 10:41:52 AM +0100 »

Alright. Will be good to hear some opinions from people with experience with GTR2 and AC (and RF2 maybe)...

I think i will try it myself too as it seems to be on sale on steam atm. Ends on 22 of june. (ohh and so is Assetto Corsa for that matter!! At € 34,99 for AC + dreampack 1. Ofcourse just as i blew my money on a Logitech DFGT.... Grin)

mmm rather nice too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=71&v=2iyX9CZzvvo
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:49:25 PM +0100 by Postal » Logged

School is important, but race cars are importanter
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 08:00:34 PM +0100 »

Been giving this a go and I must say it's very good  Cool

Strongpoints are ffb and sound which are by far the best I've experienced in any sim. There's a decent range of cars and tracks available which are well grouped and some real tasty packs on offer.....DRM, DTM past and present as well as various GTs and protos for example.

As for physics it's hard to say  Undecided It's a lot more fun to drive than AC which might suggest simcade to some but after a quick multiplayer race I reckon the R3E cars look more convincing in the way they move around on track.

The game is a bit buggy at the moment and is still very much in development but if it continues to improve I can see it becoming my sim of choice especially for offline fun. Highly recommended  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 08:18:27 PM +0100 »

I just tried the demo of this, and initial impression was quite good.
I keep trying AC but it feels so unreal I get cross with it and close it down
within a few minutes. This one is to me a much better sim, though it has something
of the AC lack of feel to the steering, having FB helps, and the FB is good
The graphics are not as slick as AC, but the cars feel way better to drive
though still not as good as GTL or P&G for "involvement" in the driving experience
everything sort of wanders around the track as if you are just "aiming" it
AC is horrible for that IMHO, this is "ok" Maybe just I need to get more used to it
as it does seem like it's worth some time. I like the car pack choices, though there
seems to be a lot of DTM options, I don't think I want more than one modern DTM season car set.  Huh

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 08:35:33 AM +0100 »

thanks for your impressions guys. I will be downloading R3E too this week and have a go.

For what its worth...For the next 30 hours there is an extra discount on AC + Dream pack 1... Only € 24,99
Looks like quite the bargin to me, even if you are not sure it is the best sim for you.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 09:47:18 AM +0100 »

By the time I have figured out the obscure menu systems in AC I am already about to pack it
before I even get onto the track. And then when I do get the car moving, it doesn't steer properly
and it handles like an arcade game, and on my older machine it stutters quite badly, so I won't be
buying any packs for AC. I am more likely to buy some car packs for this though, as I think it
"feels" better, and on low detail it runs quite well on my older system.
If there was enough interest we could run a series or two.

So far I have only tried a Beemer, and the sound does not wow me, it sounds like a weedy two stroke
I assume the sounds for other cars is a lot better.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:49:37 AM +0100 by phspok » Logged

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 01:35:00 PM +0100 »

And then when I do get the car moving, it doesn't steer properly and it handles like an arcade game,

Did you try lowering the damper setting in the FFB menu? If it's at anything higher than 0 the feedback, to me at least, feels too arcadey - put it at zero and it does handle a lot more realistically.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 03:40:24 PM +0100 »

It's trying to set things like that which make me want to throw it before I drive it
The menu system is annoying to me. I did spend some time trying to change FB
and steering angle, and I got it so I could drive it, but it just never "feels" right to me.
RRR is similar, but I was easily able to fiddle and get it to something that felt much better.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 10:48:41 PM +0100 »

To e its a cross between GTR2 and Race07 so i am surprised you guys are enjoying it. Though i am definatly in the camp of, i dont care if its hardcore or not, as long as i enjoy it!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 09:12:38 AM +0100 »

Race07 was the best of the simbin releases for me, the cars felt right, at least the BTCC ones did.
Was a shame it never became popular

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 07:31:56 PM +0100 »

No content that excites me so I'll pass on this'n.  sleep1 sleep1 sleep1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2015, 11:14:33 AM +0100 »

Spent a bit of time (and money  Roll Eyes) on this now and I'm liking it even more.

No content that excites me so I'll pass on this'n.  sleep1 sleep1 sleep1

Have you tried any of the historic touring cars? Once you've downloaded the free game (approx. 15Gb  Shocked) you can test drive all of the cars in game as many times as you like (make sure you've mowed the lawn before you start). You can even buy a single car for a couple of £s and then race it on the free tracks against those in its class without owning the rest of that class.....online or offline. If you then decide to buy the car pack, you get a discount for the car(s) you already own.

The Gr5 DRM cars are a joy to race with just the right feeling of difficulty and they look and sound superb on track  wub If I'm picky the cars feel a little too forgiving on the brakes to me (but what do I know) but the required throttle control seems spot on. Graphics and ffb take a bit of fine tuning but can be made to be extremely good and well worth the effort imho.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2015, 11:23:28 AM +0100 »

Missed the Historic Touring Cars, my bad  Roll Eyes . Thanks for pointing that out. Lawn is mowed so no excuse not to investigate further, cheers Tudor.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2015, 10:32:14 PM +0100 »

I saw that RaceRoom on steam has some of the DLC on sale 50% at the moment.

Also, All content will be free to use for one weekend (June 27th and 28th).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 04:23:51 AM +0100 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2015, 11:38:47 AM +0100 »

Bought the DTM 1992 car pack for £3.99 but haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2015, 02:22:09 PM +0100 »

Just spotted that they have released a Group 5 car pack which looks very tasty. If I get on with the cars I've already purchased I may well be tempted.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com