Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 06:04:46 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR@Nordschleife Special Event  (Read 2861 times)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:10:39 PM +0100 »

Introducing for the first time UKGTR@Nordschleife.

There will be two races on this amazing circuit, one on the 14 Oct with GT3 class racing and one on the 21st Oct with GT2 class racing.

The two races are two separate special events with the GT3 race being a 45 min approx and the GT2 race being 50 mins approx. There will be a mandatory pit stop in each race giving drivers a chance to repair and  a standing start.

RACE 1:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11122#event3419

RACE 2:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11145#event3420

There is not much room for overtaking on this track and I realise that it is not to everyone's taste but, these events are more about the challenge of getting to the finish line of this 'Green Hell' in one piece. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:16:43 PM +0100 by H@L9000 » Logged

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 04:43:28 PM +0100 »

Nice one h@l Smiley you'd be surprised at the amount of places you can overtake!
It's a nonsense that you can't and usually written by people who try and overtake no matter where they are on track. Like lots of circuits, you just have to use patience in certain sectors.

Will try and make both events Smiley though its much better using gtr EVO Wink

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:51:02 PM +0100 »

None of my business but do you really need to make pit stops mandatory. Won't the challenge be to make it without pitting?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

quicksilver384
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 06:02:32 PM +0100 »

Hehe Chears H@L I love this track. Hopefully I will be as good with the GT3 and GT2 as I am with the Skylines on here lol.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 06:26:32 PM +0100 »

None of my business but do you really need to make pit stops mandatory. Won't the challenge be to make it without pitting?

I agree with Tony. In a race of 45/50 mins, pit strategy is not so important cause I guess that you can finish the race without changing tyres, and the fuel would be enough to finish the race with less than full tank, unless you decide to modify the tanks making it "smaller". If the pit rules stay as they're, I don't see the necessity of a pit stop if the race will be so short. In a longer race option I would agree with H@l, but we need at least 1h race.

Just my two cents Smiley I love the Ring, and I will try to join this race anyway Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 06:53:27 PM +0100 »

I agree with Tony.

Yes I know what you mean. Ideally I would have liked to make the races longer but, with the lower turn outs these days I think its best to keep the races a bit shorter. My reasoning with including the pit stop is to try to encourage people that take some damage to continue by reducing the cost of stopping for repairs. I am planning on x2 fuel and x2 tyre wear for the GT3s so the stop will be needed.

I can change to normal tyre and fuel use and no mandatory stop if that is what drivers would prefer.

I am still not sure how to do the GT2 race yet. My current plan was also x2 fuel and tyre use but, I need to do a few laps to confirm. If anyone else does some laps and can give me some info before I try my self, then let me know please. Smiley

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 09:29:45 PM +0100 »

After driving a few more laps in the GT3s I will say that I agree actually.

It does make more sense not to have a pit stop.

So for the GT3 race we will have normal fuel use and normal tyre wear and a 5 lap race.

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 06:28:05 PM +0100 »

After doing some more laps in the GT2s, Its seems best to do a 7 lap race with one mandatory pit stop.  x2 fuel and normal tyre wear. That is the same format that we used for the season 16 LE races.

That means that the race will be one hour approx.

Does that sound good drivers? Smiley

quicksilver384
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:16 PM +0100 »

aye sounds good to me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com