Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 05:08:57 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: JOE SHAW MEMORIAL TROPHY  (Read 16024 times)
malgrips

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2015, 07:03:34 PM +0100 »

Hi Billy

Apparently I'm not qualified to Join the race at Brands?

What do I have to do?

I went to the page re-registering for Season 28 but not sure of the procedure

regards

Malcolm

"Its Work Jim but not as we know it"
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2015, 07:32:16 PM +0100 »

Hi Malcolm,

do you have the 60fpsv2newmod patch enabled in GEM+?

Good luck!

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2016, 10:46:49 PM +0000 »

The Joe Shaw Memorial Trophy is back to its more regular Easter spot for 2016. Each year UKGPL stage a mini-series in the memory of Joe  / Beefpie who raced with (mostly in front of) us for a short while.

This years format will consist of a 65 warm up race on Tuesday with a 67 championship race on the following Sunday, at the same track.

Tuesday races will be a little more relaxed, unlimited Shift R provided each reset is followed by a Stop & Go. Free choice of chassis.

Sunday races will be on Pro settings & score points, using the traditional 60s points allocation.

All-comers are welcome. To make the championship (67 races) more competitive a handicap will apply for the regular Works drivers. No Lotus or Eagle. The faster Works drivers (we know who you are) are asked to voluntarily take one of the slower cars - Honda, Cooper or BRM.

Track selection is Nurburgring, Anderstorp, Borovaya, Dragons Nest (fantasy) & Salzburgring.

Proceedings will get underway on Tuesday 29th - 65s at the Ring.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2016, 10:23:12 AM +0000 »

Thanks for setting this up Billy and I like the format!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 05:32:31 PM +0000 »

I'll attend what I can - have not driven two of those circuits!
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 05:58:32 PM +0000 »

Sounds fun - cya Tuesday.
Iestyn Davies

Variety comes in packs of 7 GPL cars! Drive 5/day!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2016, 08:34:26 PM +0100 »

Dragon's Nest will be an interesting new track to try!  Cool

GPLrank = -75
Monster = -400

See ya online Smiley
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2016, 12:50:13 PM +0100 »

A great weekend at Brands Hatch with members of UKGPL for the presentation of this years Joe Shaw Memorial Trophy. Some great memories for all and serious sunburn for some individuals.

Robert Fleurk and Tommie made the long journey from Holland ( one from the North and one from the South of the country), Phil Thornton ( and son Luke) from Lancashire, Andy Livingston from deepest Devon, Billy from Eastbourne, Colin ( arf arf arf ) arrived from Epsom and myself from Bristol. Malcolm and Beverley arrived with the JSMT on Sunday and Robert was presented with the magnificent trophy overlooking Surtees Bend. There was no champagne, but we did miraculously uncover some Dutch Lager to celebrate the moment!!  How lucky was that??!!  Roll Eyes.

I think that we all enjoyed meeting up with fellow GPL simracers and watching some of the real life cars that we use in GPL. Free access to all of the cars in the paddock gave Tommie the chance to get some great detail photos of dashboards and even rivets on the car panels. ( watch out for some revised car packs in the future  Wink  ).

The general feeling was that Brands was actually much better value than Goodwood, where we have been previously, at around 30% of the cost!)  Early discussions about a possible 2017 JSMT convention included other venues ...Oulton Park, Zandvoort, Spa, Castle Coombe, Zolder, Silverstone etc were all mentioned, but it was too early to make any concrete plans. I think 2017 might be decided by the numbers of members who decide to attend, and where they live ??

Evening discussions over a few beers ranged from  H-shifter v paddles, right foot braking v left foot braking, diff setups vs shock values, steering ratios vs office chairs, Dutch beer vs English beer...................and football vs Brexit.

Thanks to everyone who made the weekend such great fun, and special thanks again to Malcolm and Beverly for the Joe Shaw Trophy and for being there.
Im sure that pics of the weekend will be posted soon.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2016, 04:15:56 PM +0100 »

Well said Clive! Smiley

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, apart from my personal hell night, induced by the combo of a very hot and spicey chili, together with the amount and different choice of British beers!  Shocked That was violent, but glad I recovered Wink

I can't say enough about the hospitality shown, and the camaraderie. Tom and I got along very well, which made the travelling so much easier. Smiley The camping, the circuit and the racing were simply terrific, as well the sightseeing and the country, the Garden of England! What a great country and great people! Can't say enough how pleased I am to have met all of you guys (Tom, Clive, Andy, Billy, Phil and sons, and Colin (Arf x3)). We all got along very well.

The Joe Shaw Memorial Trophy presentation was also very special, and emotional for me as well. It was an honour to meet Malcolm and Beverly and have a few chats with them. Smiley I took the trophy with me, but will return it next year, we'll see where Wink For sure we will keep the remembrance of Joe alive!

More later, cheers guys for an unforgettable weekend! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:41:24 PM +0100 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com