by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:21:44 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: P&G 3 now out  (Read 17282 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2012, 06:38:55 PM +0000 »

http://gtlw-blog.flyingpig.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=113

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:08:44 PM +0000 »

Smiley

Have to be patient until I can test it - dl will last about 15 hours or more.

But anyway - this mod will be worth any minute of waiting!

Thanks to all involved.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Sandor M

I am a gentleman driver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:21:18 PM +0000 »

Pfff,

I think I will just wait a few days with the download.
Hope the dl-speed will be a bit better then  sleep1
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:42:55 PM +0000 »

Great news!  Cool

Pfff,

I think I will just wait a few days with the download.
Hope the dl-speed will be a bit better then  sleep1

with my download speeds it will probably take three days Sad

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 06:05:36 AM +0000 »

There were some rapidshare links added late last night. For you guys struggling I'd recommend them - I downloaded more from them in 5 minutes than I had in 3 hours from the torrents Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:37:32 AM +0000 »

Yeah, I used the Rapidshare site. No registration and the downloads were FAST. Just have to find my GTR2 disk now  Roll Eyes  Huh

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:58:31 AM +0000 »

All up and running here  Smiley

Had a quick blast round in a few of the cars last night and first impressions are really good. I won't spoil the fun of discovering things for yourselves, but I noted some general things:

All of the cars are very, very easy to drive straight out of the box and each car kind of lives up to what you'd expect from that car....no hopelessly understeery tanks here  Cool  Some of the cars feel a bit too easy, but a few subtle tweaks bring them alive producing better laptimes at the expense of a little more edginess.

FFB is much improved over 2.1 and the UI is very professional. Game runs nice and smooth and the only glitch I noticed so far was a wheel poking through one of the stang's wheel arches while ragging it through Old Hairpin  Smiley

Let's get that server rollin'   thumbup2

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 09:36:29 AM +0000 »

There were some rapidshare links added late last night. For you guys struggling I'd recommend them - I downloaded more from them in 5 minutes than I had in 3 hours from the torrents Smiley

Thanks for the heads-up - will download tonight.

Already made a new clean  GTR2 install yesterday. Can't await it!  Grin

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 09:52:33 AM +0000 »

Quite impressive. Downloaded through Rapidshare and it took a total of about 3 hours. I agree that the FFB is better than the previous version.
Car handling isn't bad - seems to be more sideways weight-shifting modelled.
Haven't raced for a long while - do we need any special downloads to race on the servers these days. I noticed that the release notes state that the 1.1 patch and lobby fix are included in the game.

TC
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 12:47:27 PM +0000 »

All up and running here  Smiley

Had a quick blast round in a few of the cars last night and first impressions are really good. I won't spoil the fun of discovering things for yourselves, but I noted some general things:

All of the cars are very, very easy to drive straight out of the box and each car kind of lives up to what you'd expect from that car....no hopelessly understeery tanks here  Cool  Some of the cars feel a bit too easy, but a few subtle tweaks bring them alive producing better laptimes at the expense of a little more edginess.

FFB is much improved over 2.1 and the UI is very professional. Game runs nice and smooth and the only glitch I noticed so far was a wheel poking through one of the stang's wheel arches while ragging it through Old Hairpin  Smiley

Let's get that server rollin'   thumbup2

Can you do me a favour. I won't be looking at this till the weekend at the earliest. What's the handling/braking like for the Mustangs/Falcons ? And does the Porsche still do a 360 spin if you nudge a 1" kerb?

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 12:59:31 PM +0000 »

Corr-lummee !! its finally released Shocked  excellent, cant wait to get my grubby mitts on it. Just bought myself a Thrustmaster gate shifter, so perfect timing for some historics racing  Cool

So when's the first race scheduled  Smiley we might even see fuller grids again!

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 01:00:15 PM +0000 »

Undecided

Already made a new clean  GTR2 install yesterday. Can't await it!  Grin
Undecided
Please be aware that installation instructions recommend full v2 uninstall,so if you go over to v3 it's no more v2 league races...

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 01:06:38 PM +0000 »

Undecided

Already made a new clean  GTR2 install yesterday. Can't await it!  Grin
Undecided
Please be aware that installation instructions recommend full v2 uninstall,so if you go over to v3 it's no more v2 league races...

No they don't  Angry They say you "can" un-install v2.1 but they actually say this We highly recommend installing on a clean GTR2 v1.1.0.0 version!
....................and even if you want to do the uninstall v2.1 thing you can always make a full copy of it first and continue to use that in tandem with the new 3.0 install. Simples
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:09:58 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 01:37:14 PM +0000 »

All up and running here  Smiley

All of the cars are very, very easy to drive straight out of the box and each car kind of lives up to what you'd expect from that car....no hopelessly understeery tanks here  Cool  Some of the cars feel a bit too easy, but a few subtle tweaks bring them alive producing better laptimes at the expense of a little more edginess.

FFB is much improved over 2.1 and the UI is very professional. Game runs nice and smooth and the only glitch I noticed so far was a wheel poking through one of the stang's wheel arches while ragging it through Old Hairpin  Smiley

Let's get that server rollin'   thumbup2

Can you do me a favour. I won't be looking at this till the weekend at the earliest. What's the handling/braking like for the Mustangs/Falcons ? And does the Porsche still do a 360 spin if you nudge a 1" kerb?

Handling on the tanks is fine with none of that understeery nonsense that was so frustrating about v2.1 (for me anyway). I tried them all around Pukekohe and they all brake well into the big stop with no dramas. Turn in is good and the back end will bite you if you give it too much welly, as you'd expect.

Porsches are also much more drivable and really good fun. The 3.0 RSR is still a beast, but so much easier to feel what's going on. And it won't spit you out when you do a bit of kerbcrawling (if you know what I mean  Wink).

Did I mention that I have the week off this week  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 05:32:48 PM +0000 »

All up and running here  Smiley

All of the cars are very, very easy to drive straight out of the box and each car kind of lives up to what you'd expect from that car....no hopelessly understeery tanks here  Cool  Some of the cars feel a bit too easy, but a few subtle tweaks bring them alive producing better laptimes at the expense of a little more edginess.

FFB is much improved over 2.1 and the UI is very professional. Game runs nice and smooth and the only glitch I noticed so far was a wheel poking through one of the stang's wheel arches while ragging it through Old Hairpin  Smiley

Let's get that server rollin'   thumbup2

Handling on the tanks is fine with none of that understeery nonsense that was so frustrating about v2.1 (for me anyway). I tried them all around Pukekohe and they all brake well into the big stop with no dramas. Turn in is good and the back end will bite you if you give it too much welly, as you'd expect.

Porsches are also much more drivable and really good fun. The 3.0 RSR is still a beast, but so much easier to feel what's going on. And it won't spit you out when you do a bit of kerbcrawling (if you know what I mean  Wink).

Did I mention that I have the week off this week  Smiley

I agree with GT's. I drove the entire car field during the previous year, and my first impression was the same. In the first approach, you'll be positively surprised about the good handling of the cars, cause they're surely easier to drive than in the v2.1. There is no absurd understeer even with the american tanks, and you have the chance to exploit the kerbs practically everywhere without spinning.
Than you'll discover how much you can feel every tweak you do in the setup menu, and how much it can help to feel better the reactions of the car.
During the P&G champ in the previous year, I noticed a sensible reduction in terms of gap between faster and slower drivers.

Anyhow IMO, P&G 3 fits even better the Simbin statement: "easy to drive, hard to master".

I hope you'll have fun in it. It really deserves a good championship Smiley

Cu Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com