by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 04:22:59 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: P&G 3 now out  (Read 17466 times)
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 10:55:14 AM +0000 »

Thanks Manteous for all that info, all good advice that shows me how all my previous Yank Tank setups have in fact compromised the car’s handling through corners; producing an annoying sideways movement on transfer from braking to power to progessively accelerate out of the corner. I have printed it out to act as aide memoire during my attempts to learn to drive Yank Tanks in V3.

I can see that my sentence construction has led you to believe I drove the Yank Tanks after the 1970s cars.  I started with the 1965 TC cars, first the Lotus Cortina then Alfa 1600 GTA, Falcon and Mustang. I obviously was too aggressive on the throttle after driving the more nimble European cars.   

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2012, 04:47:50 PM +0000 »

I use DX9, but I also experienced a CTD, when I chose a certain Alfa GT AM 2000 model. When I came back in another model (same car) I had no problems.

I think the Lotus Élan is awesome, don't forget to try that one!

I look forward to racing you guys in P&G 3 :-))

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2012, 10:32:34 PM +0000 »

wow, finally got around to installing this tonight and having a play, it is superb !!  Cool

Absolutely loving the 70's cars and great to see they have reworked some of the existing cars like the RSR's which are now much more realistic in handling and alive in the revvyness of the engine. You really get a sense of speed.
Some corking new cars to try out too, liking that 'Boss Mustang', what a beast! The Panteras too...animals!!

Excellent work by the P&G crew, we need to get some racing on the go with this!

Not tried it online yet but had no problems installing and configuring it all. Took me a while to figure out how to get my new gateshifter working, but have now, and that adds further to the immersion factor  Smiley...blew up two porsche engines with dodgy downshifts though Embarrassed  Grin

Still got loads of cars to try despite jumping in about 10 different cars around Donington this eve, this is a must have on your hard drive!  Cool

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 05:38:49 PM +0000 »

wow, finally got around to installing this tonight and having a play, it is superb !!  Cool

Absolutely loving the 70's cars and great to see they have reworked some of the existing cars like the RSR's which are now much more realistic in handling and alive in the revvyness of the engine. You really get a sense of speed.
Some corking new cars to try out too, liking that 'Boss Mustang', what a beast! The Panteras too...animals!!

Excellent work by the P&G crew, we need to get some racing on the go with this!

Not tried it online yet but had no problems installing and configuring it all. Took me a while to figure out how to get my new gateshifter working, but have now, and that adds further to the immersion factor  Smiley...blew up two porsche engines with dodgy downshifts though Embarrassed  Grin

Still got loads of cars to try despite jumping in about 10 different cars around Donington this eve, this is a must have on your hard drive!  Cool

+1

and i used donington as a test bed too!! Could feel the CSL's lifting the inside front off the ground. Yet to try the RSR's but probably your first port of call MJ Wink

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 05:47:39 PM +0000 »

After a good mornings concentration I managed, with the exception of the Falcon Sprint, to get all the Yank Tank options to do faster laps than the European opposition.  Many thanks Manteous.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 06:44:46 PM +0000 »

I've tried out nearly 20 different cars on Mid Ohio now. In-between doing proper setups I've also managed to create a few awesome drift setups for Gp2 Mustangs and the big Jag  Cool
I've also fallen back in love with the Abarths - I honestly didn't think they could be made any better but they are  wub
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 08:49:47 PM +0000 »

No surprise I guess, but I think the Porsches are now excellent! The handling is vastly improved to be more realistic and just feels great through the corners with a nice bit of counter steering when the back end wants to drift, superb!  Took a variety of 70's cars around hockenheim this eve and just couldn't stop myself doing lap after lap with a satisfied grin. The set ups seem great straight out the box too.
Watching the replays, the cars look amazing.

I have just treated myself to a csr elite wheel, thrust master thr8 shifter and 24" acer monitor, and it arrived two days before p&g3....superb timing!!  Cool the graphics look great on the bigger monitor and loving manual shifting with these old race cars Smiley

Ps.. Make sure you click that centre green button to get the ai & ffb enhancements. It made a big difference to my csr wheel 'feel'
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:54:25 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 04:00:06 PM +0000 »

Good move on the wheel. I bought a CSR earlier this year, now kicking myself but i couldn't wait for the elite!

Been on the public PnG server a lot recently with this mod, everyone needs to get online in the evening to test it Wink no offline rubbish  Tongue

Can we not have an open public server running all the time for PnG but have it class specific and longer than the 10 min Gamers Crib races? Good exposure for us (if you name the server right) as well in the run up to the new league.

ps. i will definitely be racing the league, dropped iRacing completely now!

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 07:44:44 PM +0000 »

Good move on the wheel. I bought a CSR earlier this year, now kicking myself but i couldn't wait for the elite!
ps. i will definitely be racing the league, dropped iRacing completely now!

its a vast improvement over the trusty old G25. It was only under more recent intense use in iR that i realised what a cheap toy the g25 felt, so it really had to go!

Will be racing wherever p&g3 is being leagued.  Smiley

ps GC Server had 25 guys in it this eve!  Shocked
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:55:38 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 11:41:45 AM +0000 »

Is there any chance of having a dedicated PnG league with a fixed class Tony & Co?

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 01:09:23 PM +0000 »

Is there any chance of having a dedicated PnG league with a fixed class Tony & Co?

That should be Matt & Co. I'm Strictly GTL  angel

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 01:14:30 PM +0000 »

I'm Strictly GTL  angel

never heard of it  Wink

Mcfids

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 01:45:48 PM +0000 »

Haven't sim raced for a while but thought I'd give this a go. Wow, it really is superb!

The sound, graphics and, most importantly, the handling is spot on. I think the most impressive thing is that the cars, especially the big uns, feel like they have mass and momentum.

Looking forward to racing these in a league.   
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2012, 01:55:57 PM +0000 »

Haven't sim raced for a while but thought I'd give this a go. Wow, it really is superb!

The sound, graphics and, most importantly, the handling is spot on. I think the most impressive thing is that the cars, especially the big uns, feel like they have mass and momentum.

Looking forward to racing these in a league.   

A spot on analysis Mr McFids, i couldnt agree more  Smiley Good to see you back. We just need to convince the heirachy to run a regular decent series now  Wink...... 70's Gr2 &4 anyone?  whistling

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2012, 04:41:22 PM +0000 »

................... We just need to convince the heirachy to run a regular decent series now  Wink...... 70's Gr2 &4 anyone?  whistling

I think you are probably pushing against an open door there but the "heirarchy" have the existing boring old v2.1 seasons to clear out of the way first.

Of course, they could always just declare a result and move on!  whistling

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com