Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 01:20:22 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2367W Dijon-Prenois: November 04, 2012
November 04, 2012, 10:35:25 PM +0000 - Dijon-Prenois (GP) - UKGPL Season 23 (2012) Works Trophy (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 3 +0.905
101.345mph
1 52:34.689
99.700mph
37 1:24.036
101.154mph
Firestone  
Arf Arf Arf
 Team Baarf
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 8 +2.165
99.845mph
2 +24.324
98.937mph
37 1:24.836
100.201mph
Goodyear  
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 5 +1.699
100.395mph
3 +25.233
98.909mph
37 1:24.691
100.372mph
Firestone  
AndyL

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 7 +1.998
100.041mph
4 +50.124
98.141mph
37 1:25.388
99.553mph
Firestone  
s2173
 Team7
BRM P115 F1 1967 9 +2.392
99.580mph
5 +1:00.130
97.835mph
37 1:25.631
99.270mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 10 +3.157
98.695mph
6 +1:06.950
97.628mph
37 1:25.151
99.830mph
Firestone  
Raoni Frizzo
 Team Coyote
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 12 7 +2L
99.012mph
35 1:23.880
101.343mph
Firestone  
Baab
 Team Baarf
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 2 +0.717
101.573mph
8 +23L
98.493mph
14 1:24.233
100.918mph
Disco
Firestone  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 4 +1.464
100.674mph
9 +25L
99.955mph
12 1:23.602
101.680mph
Disco
Firestone  
Artiglietti

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 1 1:22.973
102.450mph
10 +30L
99.778mph
7 1:23.960
101.246mph
Disco
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 6 +1.985
100.057mph
11 +36L
87.035mph
1 1:35.560
88.956mph
accident
Firestone  
Gpg UKGPL

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 11 12 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

No red zone incidents or reported incidents.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 23 (2012) Works Trophy (67) - Dijon-Prenois - Nov 4  (Read 7028 times)
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2012, 02:30:53 PM +0000 »

After scoring his maiden win last time out, can Attilio Artiglietti mount a late title challenge? The points battle is a lot closer when dropped scores are considered, so it's still all to play for as the Works drivers head over the border from Belgium into France.

Race listiGOR
ServerUKGPL_GPG
IP address62.195.32.131
Date04-11-2012
Race timeRace starts at 21:30 UK time
Qualifying timeBetween 30 and 60 minutes, starting no later than 21:00 UK time
TrackDijon-Prenois (dijonp81)
Mod67
Damage modelPRO
Race length37 laps
ReplayAvailable here

Reserve drivers please note; you must leave the server with 35 minutes of qualifying left, for a total of 5 minutes, to allow full timers to join.

The red zone will be fully moderated for lap 1 only. For this event the red zone will be from the start line to the exit of Parabolique. Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.

The chassis token system is explained on the Works standings page. Please ensure you choose a chassis that is within your budget, which can be seen by hovering the mouse over your points total in the standings.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:04:40 PM +0000 by Ross Neilson » Logged

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 11:42:43 AM +0000 »

GPG server is set to 37 laps Long race and listening on Igor.
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 09:38:47 PM +0000 »

Sorry Arf, my engine went bang right in front of you. Hope your okay and good luck in the race!
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 10:05:33 PM +0000 »

Well, rather short race for me..Engine popped even if I wasnt particularly pushing it, was even careful not to wheelspin much up and down the hills, probably not enough though. I think poopers were very fragile around here anyway, I had an engine failure during practice in one of the mock races earlier in the evening. Tough luck, Hristo was going to be a bit quicker in the race I think, and there were other very quick guys like Pod and Bob, but I still had track position, and was doing a good job with keeping my tires cool.. :'(  :'(

This track must be brilliant in the 69s or 65s, not much so in the 67s I think, as it feels like you are driving on eggs and you are quick only when it feels you are slow.. Grin Grin Grats to whoever wins it, see you at the next one guys, thx for the (short) racing.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:07:14 PM +0000 by Artiglietti » Logged
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 10:10:36 PM +0000 »

Bugger!  I mis-read the lead post.  I thought that PRACTICE opened at 21:30pm, UK time.  Dashed back from a visit with my 94-year old uncle in Toronto expecting to just make the end of Q.  Opened iGOR to find the race well underway.  Now I notice that the post says the RACE is to start at 21:30.  Sigh...
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 10:42:40 PM +0000 »

Well, rather short race for me..Engine popped even if I wasnt particularly pushing it, was even careful not to wheelspin much up and down the hills, probably not enough though. I think poopers were very fragile around here anyway, I had an engine failure during practice in one of the mock races earlier in the evening. Tough luck, Hristo was going to be a bit quicker in the race I think, and there were other very quick guys like Pod and Bob, but I still had track position, and was doing a good job with keeping my tires cool.. :'(  :'(

This track must be brilliant in the 69s or 65s, not much so in the 67s I think, as it feels like you are driving on eggs and you are quick only when it feels you are slow.. Grin Grin Grats to whoever wins it, see you at the next one guys, thx for the (short) racing.

Tought luck, Art, I just saw the black smoke before T1 and your car being parked on the left. I inherited the lead afterwards, but with the quickly-made setup I made in the last moment in Qualifying wasn't good enough, with the gearing too short or long for some corners, and with the tires overheating way too much, so it didn't took long before I had troubles with the handling, losing the rear end suddenly and barely managing to catch it. Eventually this led to a spin at T3 and contact with the armco at very low speed, but it was still enough to rip off the front left wheel. I could have tried to continue on 3 wheels, but there were too many laps remaining and I decided to park it instead.

Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:05:35 PM +0000 »

Sorry Arf, my engine went bang right in front of you. Hope your okay and good luck in the race!

That explains a lot. I'm sorry that's what happened to you, but in a way its a relief. I didn't think I was going to get near you that lap, so I was looking at my over-active red bars. When I looked back down at the track I saw the distance closing way faster than I'd have expected and threw the car to the right. I didn't think we had contacted because my car wasn't damaged, but then I saw you rolling in my mirrors and groaned - I  assume warp contact took you out... Bad luck on the engine

History was made tonight gents. No, it wasn't the world's longest drive from Manchester to London (5.5hrs, due to amateur's day on the M6/M1), it was far better - I made it through a race without spinning once!!

Still had a wobble or two, but the nose of the car spent almost all of the 37 laps looking in right direction. It was touch and go whether I'd make it home in time though - unlike Doni, I knew exactly when the race started, but didn't think I'd make it - I could have sworn people were crashing just to slow me down.

A busy week meant I had done little preparation for this race, and went into it using the basic Mosport setup, with no changes. I think I only got 3/4 qually laps in before the race started, so wasn't surprised to start at the back. Wasn't expecting anything tonight with such little prep, but ended up having a brilliant race with Al, whose Cooper couldn't quite get close to my Brabham on the straights. He made sure I didn't relax by staying close enough to keep me honest. As I said to him in the chat after, I assumed he wasn't bothering to risk an overtake cos it was only a matter of time til I span  Grin

I even dared to hope that Bart had spun...not very nice of me, but 8/9 laps from the end I saw a red shape behind Al, and from memory could only recall seeing Bart selecting the prancing horse. However a hard charging Raoni had come from nowhere to storm past both of us and take P2. Slightly disappointed, I settled down to defend P3 from Al, but some kind of keyboard malfunction seems to have ruined R's race, as I saw his 2 wheeler stationary just when he was starting to put a lot of distance between us. Bad luck R.

Hope to see you all for the next one, but it'll be another rush down the motorway, this time from the airport. Plane lands at 1945........

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:08:14 PM +0000 by Arf Arf Arf » Logged
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 08:31:39 AM +0000 »

Tought luck, Art, I just saw the black smoke before T1 and your car being parked on the left. I inherited the lead afterwards, but with the quickly-made setup I made in the last moment in Qualifying wasn't good enough, with the gearing too short or long for some corners, and with the tires overheating way too much, so it didn't took long before I had troubles with the handling, losing the rear end suddenly and barely managing to catch it. Eventually this led to a spin at T3 and contact with the armco at very low speed, but it was still enough to rip off the front left wheel. I could have tried to continue on 3 wheels, but there were too many laps remaining and I decided to park it instead.

Yes, when we approached the end of qually I was wondering if you were ever going to show up...Ronnie was out early as well, so I assume theres another different winner this season, although results not imported yet. It is a pity though, it could have been a fun close race..My rear tires were never going to be a problem, I had to be careful to the fronts, had my break ratio down to 48 even for the race  Grin Grin. See you at the next one.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:02:02 AM +0000 »

I'll post the results later on today.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 12:56:51 PM +0000 »

Lack of practice for this track and a hastily tweaked setup.... I even changed the bump/rebounds just before we went to the grid!! ... did not help me at all.

I had a car that was good on the straights, well when I say good, I mean that when I could get the thing pointed in the right direction it sort of went quickly (ish)  Undecided.

I had real problems with the rear wheels wanting to overtake the fronts if I applied any power in the corners. The front refused to bite and turn in, so to carry any speed through the bends I was forced to try and use the power to force some oversteer, with the inevitable result that the left rear tyre suffered badly....very badly!! Roll Eyes

I just could not maintain any real pace even when I passed a car and eventually the hot rears let go and I slithered across the track and surrendered the place.
At least I survived to the end and picked up a few points, but it was hardly "fun"  Huh

Grats to the guys who got hooked up and actually raced each other. All I succeeded in doing was to hassle Sky's BRM for a few laps. Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 05:08:55 PM +0000 »

Most of my race is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEcTRrneJBM&feature=plcp

After Hristos retirement, I've just concentrated on keeping safe distance between me and the next driver.

Baab

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 08:57:54 PM +0000 »

Well done to finishers, esp Podium and my team mate Arf.

I was surprised to qual 2nd, a pb but still a good chunk behind Attilio.  The flag man was too quick for me, I'd only just seen him when the flag dropped and Attilio shot off into the distance!  I was lucky to only lose 1 place in a tight first corner, but then settled down a bit.  A lap or two later Bartoz ran wide and I slipped by.  I started pulling a gap but prib told me H was looming and I knew I'd soon have him to contend with.  I then had the first of three spins and H got by.  After spin two I let Bart back past, then spin three allowed Al past.  I did manage to settle down though and caught Al painfully slowly.  Coming into the final corner I was a little bit caught out by Al's breaking point and we ran side by side into the corner.  It was a bit close but the move seemed to be on when Al's car jumped sideways into mine and sent me into the barrier, losing both right hand wheels.  A look at the replay confirmed the warp and thankfully Al seemed unaffected (was this the case?).  Slightly gutted to then find out that both H and Attilio had both retired, could have been a good chance...
Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 09:22:25 PM +0000 »

Just like in 65's a few seasons back, I couldn't really get to grips with this track, though it did provide some enjoyable racing for me, not to mention an unexpected podium. The Cooper did indeed seem particularly vulnerable to popping its engine in practice so I spent a bit of time tweaking the gearbox & for once, more by luck than design, got the ratios just about right. With both the championship heavyweights Art & Hristo retiring early, I found myself elevated to a podium spot though it soon became clear that holding onto that was not going to be easy.

Had a bit of a Spa deja-vu moment, squeezing past Bob's car as he rejoined after a spin at T1 which took me up to 2nd. I knew from the practice times that Bob was mighty quick in his Cooper & sure enough he was soon back on my tail. As we approached the final corner I checked my mirrors & saw Bob shaping up for an overtake around the outside, so I stayed as tight to the inside as I could hugging the kerb & expecting to see Bob poke his nose ahead any second... but nobody appeared. In fact I was so busy looking in my mirrors down the straight to see where the hell Bob had got to that I sped right past my T1 braking point & ploughed into the barriers at high speed. Miraculously (& presumably because I'd hit the barriers head-on) my car was completely undamaged however by the time I'd counted all my wheels & rejoined, Arf's Brabham was now all over me. Arf swept past pretty easily down the straight & although I could stay with him through the twisty bits, the Coop just didn't have the legs down the long straight. Well done to Bartosz on his win & congrats again to Arf on an impressive error-free run (but no more of that in future, OK?)

I checked my replay to see what on earth happened with Bob & I'm still rather baffled (server replay might reveal more but that's not available yet). Me & Bob don't even get close - I mean we're almost a car's width apart when Bob suddenly seems to spear off into the barriers. I didn't feel even the slightest impact during the race so if Bob didn't spin off of his own accord, I guess it'd have to be some kind of mega-warp. You're not still using that dodgy wireless connection are you Bob?    
Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 09:31:51 PM +0000 »

It was a bit close but the move seemed to be on when Al's car jumped sideways into mine and sent me into the barrier, losing both right hand wheels.  A look at the replay confirmed the warp and thankfully Al seemed unaffected (was this the case?).

Oops I see we posted around the same time Bob. So as a technical question, if your replay shows me jumping sideways & my replay shows nothing at all - which one of us provided the warp factor? Or is the server replay the only way to find a definitive answer?

Either way, I'm sorry you ended up in the barrier as it looked like we were going to have a good scrap Sad

Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 12:36:56 PM +0000 »

Ever more annoyed with myself now for missing this round after seeing the results posted...

I did some pre-race testing and with the Eagle, I see that if I matched my PB, I could have started P2.  Grrr...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com