by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 07:42:38 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: P&G on windows 7  (Read 5299 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 11:51:15 AM +0000 »

I've got the original GTL cd, but can't find the manual that has the serial number on it to scan & send off for a digital copy.

Not sure Simbin provide a free digital download on receipt of proof of ownership of DVD anymore John. The digital download is on Steam now and not directly from Simbin.

Doubt they do - all you have to do is put the online serial key that came with your original GTL into the 'add content' jobbie on Steam (minus the '-'s) and it'll give you a free copy of the digi download.

Got to admit that trying to go back to it from P&G is hard work!

TOP TIP, thanks

Try "The Fifties" series and then see if it changes your mind about GTL  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 03:54:53 PM +0000 »

As this has turned into a GTL W7 thread  Smiley

I tried to install the Real Mod onto Jules' W7 pc (Steam version) and failed miserably. I made a copy of his original installation and pasted in my gamedata folder of the Real Mod, but it didn't run  Huh

Not quite sure how to go about this now, so if anyone manages to do it please shout up.

Maybe the installers which you are supposed to download add more content than just what's in Gamedata and beyond (but that is a guess). Last season I recall others had problems (I didn't) and posted helpfull advice. I'll go and find some links to that stuff.

EDIT: Troll through this thread https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=10217.0

Ta. Reinstalled and the game now runs. I don't have any engine sounds yet but I'm sure I can fathom that one out  Huh I think I'm the only person in the world who prefers cranky old vista to W7  Roll Eyes

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 04:22:52 PM +0000 »

err trying to get this back on topic, I see there are two no-cd files in PnG3, with one of them supposedly cracked to allow more than 2gig ram allocation. Is this a load of rubbish or is this the case?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 06:13:40 PM +0000 »

I've not heard of it. I just downloaded the files from P&G workshop. You can get a mod to make older games (GTL for instance) "see" 4GB of RAM but I fail to see why a Windows 7 PC running P&G would need this?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 06:32:45 PM +0000 »

err trying to get this back on topic, I see there are two no-cd files in PnG3, with one of them supposedly cracked to allow more than 2gig ram allocation. Is this a load of rubbish or is this the case?

Well I have the 4GB file enabled as I seem to remember one of the GTLW fellows recommending this at NoGrip. I've noticed that V3 also makes use of multicore cpus, so it appears that efforts have been made to optimise where possible.

You joining us for some races then ?

Edit: just read your other post....look forward to racing with you again mate  Cool
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:36:52 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com