by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 04:58:14 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 70's Racing series Info  (Read 7733 times)
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 11:12:24 PM +0000 »

lol not that page specifically, i mean you have the tools at our disposal to work it out

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 01:14:50 AM +0000 »

lol not that page specifically, i mean you have the tools at our disposal to work it out

Stupid Manteos! I didn't get it Cheesy Grin

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 08:30:47 AM +0000 »

I was on the GC server late last night at monza using the 70's cars. In qually Front two places were Capri 3100s followed by two imsa BMWs then yours truly in a 3.0rsr. Think that sets the tone of the cars pace! Didn't get to find out how close I could race them as some idiot punted me off first lap  Roll Eyes

The capris were doing 1:58 laps  Shocked

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 10:03:52 AM +0000 »

I was on the GC server late last night at monza using the 70's cars. In qually Front two places were Capri 3100s followed by two imsa BMWs then yours truly in a 3.0rsr. Think that sets the tone of the cars pace! Didn't get to find out how close I could race them as some idiot punted me off first lap  Roll Eyes

The capris were doing 1:58 laps  Shocked

Stupid Manteos! I didn't get it Cheesy Grin

Even Mark doesn't get it!  Grin Grin

I did run only the 2004 version of Monza in the CSL and in the BMW 24v Schnitzer on GC server. That laptime chart should be used comparing certain drivers in different cars possibly in the same session (practice 1 is a lot slower than qualy), not to talk about the amount of fuel litres and tyres. I was watching the laptime statistics of 2003 Monza, and I just can tell you that if you look at the drivers that run this track, if "Rombo 27" (Otto Legnaro) that is a "legend" of italian Simracing and a P&G beta tester by the v1, is behind Max Caputi is simply wrong if you trust of what you see in that timetable watching just at that "aseptic" list. I know very well both the drivers on track, and I just see that Otto did only 3 laps in an indefinite "BMW 3.0 CSL 3.5 24v". It doesn't demonstrate nothing in this case Mark. Max Caputi is usually slower more than 2 seconds in every track compared to Otto Legnaro, and it does say it all! However, even in the laptime list, the fastest car is still a "BMW 3.0 CSL 3.5 24v", and we don't know if it's a CSL IMSA or a 24v Schnitzer, but I'm sure that if you ask to a strong driver if he is faster with BMW IMSA/24v Schnitzer, or in a Capri in Monza, I bet everything I own that he should answer: "BMW for sure".
It's a really good instrument the laptime chart, but you have to use it as I said before, watching at the amount of laps done, and the session in which they have been done, not to mention that you'll never know how many litres of fuel they had in the tank and tyres, not to mention that almost every car model is different by the other.
I just told in some previous post that in a very small number of tracks, Capris could be even faster than IMSA, but that is not supposed to happen in Monza! Never... If the same driver try both the cars!

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 12:52:52 PM +0000 »

Dont think anyone is disagreeing with you Manteos! We are saying that the Schnitzer and IMSA Beemers are the fastest, closely followed by the Capri 3100, i think. Then there is a group (hopefully) of cars on similar pace that may or may not perform better dependant on track.

What we really need is one of you quick (not necesarily alien) hombres to do x-number of laps in all of the 70's cars at the same track and give us some good laptime comparisons  Smiley That or we just find out for ourselves in a 70's championship  Wink I personally dont like seeing any cars left out the roster as it all adds up to a colourful grid, but in the interests of closer racing its better if something super fast is either left out or handicapped in some way.
Maybe season 1 should be in the slower series of 70's car (or work our way up through the years chronologically ..ie 1970, 1971 etc) for close up racing and winners of the season get to earn a star car for the follow up season? After all, the quick guys will always be quick. Or do like Matt and Tony just did for the BTCC where you get 3-4 rounds of each car (which is great for getting to know and drive a good spread of cars, but also means you dont get a nice full season of your chosen steed).

ps Monza is a great track for the 70's beasts  Smiley

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 01:36:10 PM +0000 »

Or do like Matt and Tony just did for the BTCC where you get 3-4 rounds of each car (which is great for getting to know and drive a good spread of cars, but also means you don't get a nice full season of your chosen steed).

It was all me. It is the GTC76 Championship. It is a maximum of four drives for four cars. It involves S T R A T E G Y as well as getting you into cars you might not ordinarily choose. It's very, very simple to setup (using Google Tools which is free) with no lengthy time test or car matching sessions. I could set one up in 10mins. When I originally suggested it I was shot down in flames.  Tongue

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 01:52:03 PM +0000 »

When I originally suggested it I was shot down in flames.  Tongue

2guns

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 01:53:58 PM +0000 »

lol couldn't resist sorry Tony  Wink

I literally have splinters on my backside sitting on the fence between the two ideas.

EDIT: just asked about templates for skinning and none are readily available or accessible at all so that takes out another complication. Plus my skinning skills obviously couldn't match what they have done by any stretch of the imagination.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:38:10 PM +0000 by purdie » Logged

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 02:57:33 PM +0000 »

Or do like Matt and Tony just did for the BTCC where you get 3-4 rounds of each car (which is great for getting to know and drive a good spread of cars, but also means you don't get a nice full season of your chosen steed).

It was all me. It is the GTC76 Championship. It is a maximum of four drives for four cars. It involves S T R A T E G Y as well as getting you into cars you might not ordinarily choose. It's very, very simple to setup (using Google Tools which is free) with no lengthy time test or car matching sessions. I could set one up in 10mins. When I originally suggested it I was shot down in flames.  Tongue
Isn't the same method you used for the last BTC season with P&G? I really like this kind of formula!

EDIT: just asked about templates for skinning and none are readily available or accessible at all so that takes out another complication. Plus my skinning skills obviously couldn't match what they have done by any stretch of the imagination.
If you will add other skins at the P&G, the poor stability of the game would be further compromized. I think that it's not the case to add other skins. Just my two cents Wink

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 04:35:38 PM +0000 »

If you will add other skins at the P&G, the poor stability of the game would be further compromized. I think that it's not the case to add other skins. Just my two cents Wink

Yeah i agree mate, best left alone!

johnw

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 04:51:14 PM +0000 »

If Jon will have some time to spare, it could be good to read his opinion about this, and even some laptimes to compare. I would be poorly reliable with the thrustmaster F430 to compare these cars.

What we really need is one of you quick (not necesarily alien) hombres to do x-number of laps in all of the 70's cars at the same track and give us some good laptime comparisons

I'd like to, but haven't had time yet. In fact, I've only had time to do a little practice for league races since PnG3 came out so haven't gone near the Capri & BMW, but the Nogrip GTL Wednesday season finishes this week so I should be able to do some testing soon. What track would you like times for?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 05:42:17 PM +0000 »

What we really need is one of you quick (not necesarily alien) hombres to do x-number of laps in all of the 70's cars at the same track and give us some good laptime comparisons  Smiley That or we just find out for ourselves in a 70's championship  Wink I personally dont like seeing any cars left out the roster as it all adds up to a colourful grid, but in the interests of closer racing its better if something super fast is either left out or handicapped in some way.

I've now finished doing this Wink
Still working through the older cars and havn't tested each and every version of the models available but have data for every 70's car model on the same fuel quantity (in laps) on their softest tires (Very few cars will last 20laps on their softest tires though I suspect).
More than happy to share this if the mods want it  thumbup1
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 06:06:03 PM +0000 »

I've now finished doing this Wink
Still working through the older cars and havn't tested each and every version of the models available but have data for every 70's car model on the same fuel quantity (in laps) on their softest tires (Very few cars will last 20laps on their softest tires though I suspect).
More than happy to share this if the mods want it  thumbup1

I bet they want!  thumbup1 thumbup1

@Jon: I was just talking about Melbourne in that post. I would like to try them too! When the admins will give us a bunch of track in which we can test 70's cars, I will be happy to give a hand for some test, doing some comparison between these cars. However, I think that Tony's idea is still the best IMO. Are there some chances to do 2 race per week with P&G 3 in the future? 1 on Tuesday, and the other on Thursday perhaps  Grin

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 06:59:26 PM +0000 »

Are there some chances to do 2 race per week with P&G 3 in the future? 1 on Tuesday, and the other on Thursday perhaps  Grin
Not unless Matt gets some serious full time assistance or you run the same race both nights (IMO)

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 07:01:35 PM +0000 »

Isn't the same method you used for the last BTC season with P&G? I really like this kind of formula!

BTC is this season (final round this Thursday) and no it's not the same.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com