by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 07:30:00 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: 70's Racing series Info  (Read 7735 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 04:27:54 PM +0000 »

Raced the Lotus 7 last night on a tight twisty track, with failing light , with very changeable weather and 20 other Lotus 7s all within a couple of seconds of each other  Shocked Totally amazing and easily as enjoyable as anything I've raced. It doesn't have to be fast to be fun  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 05:20:32 PM +0000 »

Don't over look Targa just because it's too big to learn quickly - I spent about 3 weeks solid tring to learn it for my GPL rank (Video here if you're curious) and still don't really know my way beyond Cerda well enough for flat out driving so no-ones' likely to have much of an advantage....

I'm up for all of the tracks mentioned - I'd suggest aiming towards either a 2 or 3 lap race of Targa or to use the method UKGPL did when we held an event there a few years back = An extra long qualifying session and to seperate all the cars out nicely when leaving pits.
Positions are then calculated from qualifying times as opposed to race positions (This is closer to how the race ran for real aswell - I guess if someone wants to spent some time with a calculator you could work out peoples complete 'race' time over the 2/3 laps to have a fully authentic result....
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2012, 09:34:08 AM +0000 »

How about something like this for the 70's racing series as a banner:-   Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2012, 09:49:07 AM +0000 »

Yes I like that. Porsches in front of the bimmer is also good to see  Wink

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2012, 10:37:36 AM +0000 »

For me the Capri 3100 makes up for any other problems that v3 presents me with.

So long as the GC server is still running and I can go and get a "fix" when needed, then all is well!   punk

It has put the FUN back in to PnG.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com