by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 03:25:02 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L13FIFT Bremgarten: July 01, 2013
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 13 The Fifties - Bremgarten - Jul 1  (Read 4392 times)
Ross Hawkey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 09:47:15 PM +0100 »

Yep, some really treacherous parts on that track.

Had some great early laps with Goldtop before he DNF'd.

After that it was pretty quiet, but the challenge was to get to the finish without wrecking the car, which was easier said than done.  I initially slowed a bit, but lost all rhythm and messed up, so I went back to race speed (ish), and that maintained my attention to what was going on, but as the tyres became worn, some corners became even trickier.

The Maserati had a huge straight line speed advantage over the Merc, but in sector 1 (which had some corners  Grin ), it was a real struggle.

Ross Hawkey
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 10:13:06 PM +0100 »

OK, so, just to complete the perfect evening, the results text file has gone mental, meaning I have to manualy create the results table.

So as I was discoed I need some help.

1st = Ross Hawkey
2nd = Bill Thomas
3rd = SpecialKS
4th = Goldtop
5th = WT
6th = Quicksilver384

Postal?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:19:26 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

quicksilver384
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 10:25:13 PM +0100 »

I came dead last didn't complete a lap lol
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:45 PM +0100 »

Crazy track  laugh

Managed to sneak past Ross in the twisty bit on lap 1 and was able to hold the lead for a few laps until I setup slightly off for the jump to meet my inevitable end  Roll Eyes 

Grats to Ross, Bill and Kurt and bad luck non finishers.

Not sure where Postal finished Tony, but he was a lap down when I crashed out.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 11:05:15 PM +0100 »

ehh i believe i was in p4 when i went off finally. But i am ok with whatever you come up with.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 08:41:50 AM +0100 »

ehh i believe i was in p4 when i went off finally. But i am ok with whatever you come up with.
Would you know if that was before or after Goldtop quit out?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 08:43:50 AM +0100 »

Were moving to the Simbin lobby. For details go here

Ross Hawkey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 08:48:20 AM +0100 »

I think Postal would have been P4.

Goldtop and I lapped him going into T1, which is where Gold DNF'd soon after.

I'm sure Postal was in the race for a while afterwards (if it was more than 2 1/2 mins, then he'd have got the lap back), so I'd think that Postal was P4.

After Goldtop went out, I slowed my pace, and I'm sure it was Postal who was right behind me at the final corner of that lap (when I went deep into T1).  He'd have only needed to do the S/F straight to have regained the position to pass Gold's Mercedes.

I thought it was odd that at the end of the race, the only guys showing on the result in the sim were the 3 finishers...weird.

Ross Hawkey
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 09:48:33 AM +0100 »

OK, so, just to complete the perfect evening, the results text file has gone mental, meaning I have to manualy create the results table.

So as I was discoed I need some help.

1st = Ross Hawkey
2nd = Bill Thomas
3rd = SpecialKS
4th = Goldtop
5th = WT
6th = Quicksilver384

Postal?

Yes driver idents and Xd were at odds some times.  I made a pit stop and SpecialKS passed me, Xd and Pit Board showed me a lap down on him.  He had some problem so I unlapped myself and Xd and Pit Board showed the change and he finished race before me and waited in "Chat" for a short chat.

So, SpecialKS should be 2nd and me 3rd.   rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 12:42:53 PM +0100 »

Just noticed I'm listed as a DNS in the results instead of a DNF so didn't receive any posthumous champ points. Didn't get my fastest lap registered either Sad They all count you know  Wink

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 12:54:07 PM +0100 »

Just noticed I'm listed as a DNS in the results instead of a DNF so didn't receive any posthumous champ points. Didn't get my fastest lap registered either Sad They all count you know  Wink
Yeah, the results were truly pollocked. You will get your rightful points but not sure about fastest lap.

1st = Ross Hawkey
2nd = SpecialKS
3rd = Bill Thomas
4th = Postal
5th = Goldtop
6th = WT
7th = Quicksilver 384

Everyone happy with these results?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:57:37 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 01:34:05 PM +0100 »

Just noticed I'm listed as a DNS in the results instead of a DNF so didn't receive any posthumous champ points. Didn't get my fastest lap registered either Sad They all count you know  Wink
Yeah, the results were truly pollocked. You will get your rightful points but not sure about fastest lap.

1st = Ross Hawkey
2nd = SpecialKS
3rd = Bill Thomas
4th = Postal
5th = Goldtop
6th = WT
7th = Quicksilver 384

Yes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 01:43:16 PM +0100 »

1st = Ross Hawkey
2nd = SpecialKS
3rd = Bill Thomas
4th = Postal
5th = Goldtop
6th = WT
7th = Quicksilver 384

An accurate reflection of the finishing positions, yes. Happy? You'll have to ask my widow.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 07:16:39 PM +0100 »

1st = Ross Hawkey
2nd = SpecialKS
3rd = Bill Thomas
4th = Postal
5th = Goldtop
6th = WT
7th = Quicksilver 384

Yes

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz