by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 09:03:04 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L13GTC Mosport: November 11, 2013
November 11, 2013, 08:44:11 PM +0000 - Mosport - UKGTL Season 13 GT Cup 77
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Stefan aka Postal

Shelby Boss 302 (#40) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.754
98.153mph
1 49:05.445
95.477mph
32 1:30.282
97.342mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 (#81) GTC-TC-76 1 1:28.782
98.986mph
2 +1.345
95.433mph
32 1:29.041
98.698mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
VW Scirocco (#43) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.811
95.948mph
3 +1:03.088
93.475mph
32 1:32.625
94.879mph
Goodyear  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Shelby Boss 302 (#83) GTC-TC-76 5 +4.453
94.259mph
4 +2L
87.711mph
30 1:34.253
93.241mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Shelby Boss 302 (#100) GTC-TC-76 3 +2.678
96.088mph
5 +9L 23 1:31.973
95.552mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 13 GT Cup '77 - Mosport - Nov 11  (Read 4552 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:55:37 PM +0000 »

All members welcome.

Grid/server capacity: 28

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (32 laps)

Track: Mosport Download this

Cars allowed: Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 (substitute car Porsche 914-6 No.370), Boss 302 Ford Mustang Download this (substitute car De Tomaso Pantera No.86) ,VW Scirocco Download this, Alfa Romeo GTAm Download this

Drivers are reminded that the maximum number of drives in any car is four. Check your status here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk GTC
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.
(4) Driver lists can be found on the Championship standings page

Special Notes: No start lights
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:52:53 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:55:46 AM +0000 »

Hi .... just some help to race, after failing to get GTL to work for last race have found  the prob was in my userdata roger folder, if i removed this GTL worked, with a new created driver name 4roger4 with all the cars and money plus works online.
1 can i race with this driver name?
2 if not can i rename this driver somehow?
3 for some reason the hud is now foreign (pos runde/ best runde/ lfd runde/ restzeit) all else ok in english any ideas or help to change
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 11:29:18 AM +0000 »

Hi .... just some help to race, after failing to get GTL to work for last race have found  the prob was in my userdata roger folder, if i removed this GTL worked, with a new created driver name 4roger4 with all the cars and money plus works online.
1 can i race with this driver name?
2 if not can i rename this driver somehow?
3 for some reason the hud is now foreign (pos runde/ best runde/ lfd runde/ restzeit) all else ok in english any ideas or help to change

Is the Driver name shown in the online lobby the same as your previous one? (have you tried to join the server?)
HUD language does change from time to time (no idea why). Consider it a way to learn a foreign language  Wink

Also if you have kept your old player file (or can restore it from the trash bin) go to Multiplayer Options and copy

Online Server="GTL_SERVER.txt"
Online UserName="********"
Online Password="*******"

into your new player file.

(*=whatever you have)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:46:56 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 12:12:53 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony
 Quote Is the Driver name shown in the online lobby the same as your previous one? (have you tried to join the server?)
 yes   in players online roguk
 yes   can join simracing.org.uk mondays mosport
 BUT my driver name is 4roger4 is it ok to use this to race?

would like to drive vw scirocco which one to use have 3, did download from link is it (vw scirocco 1)?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 12:23:10 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony
 Quote Is the Driver name shown in the online lobby the same as your previous one? (have you tried to join the server?)
 yes   in players online roguk
 yes   can join simracing.org.uk mondays mosport
 BUT my driver name is 4roger4 is it ok to use this to race?

would like to drive vw scirocco which one to use have 3, did download from link is it (vw scirocco 1)?
You can use any of the Scirocco's. I prefer the ones with 5 gears  Wink
I'm sure we can sort any naming issues out when I do the results preparation.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 12:24:52 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony Thanks for reply.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 10:01:42 PM +0000 »

That was one heck of a race, despite just a few drivers out there, it turned out to be a last lap decider.
Missed a couple of regulars as GT seems to have found an excuse to purchase a newer pc and JohnQS not being around tonight to join in.

Looked like Eifel stepped up with a darn good qualy time i knew it was going to be very hard to keep up. Didn't seem to notice the start lights, so when Eifel and Tony romped away i thought it might be ok to release the clutch also. Roll Eyes
Tony was bit eager in the first lap and slipped offroad and i was doing my laps with Eifel right up my tail. I didn't want to cock-up so had the pace a little low, it must have been horrible for Eifel to try and pass the sliding and early braking Mustang.

Half race distance Eifel clawed back after a couple of mistakes on both sides (i think) and was reeling in my not so fresh anymore Mustang. He then made an excellent overtake in the penultimate lap just before the back straight. The sheer speed of the Ford took me back into the lead but it was pretty hard to keep it on the track. Thanks Eifel that was a great race.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 11:12:28 PM +0000 »

Results and replay posted

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 12:40:54 PM +0000 »

I don't think the start lights were working  Huh I always have auto countdown on so managed a cheeky jump on the others and led into turn one. But cheat's never prosper and my penance was to go off track and along the grass for a while so everyone passed me and I was last. Caught and passed Bill then kept catching Roger and passing him only to lose the lead on the next lap. But my off track excursions were too many so I took a pit stop for new tyres but this didn't help much as I simply kept wandering off the tarmac and onto the grass. Final time I wandered on the green stuff for too long and entered Nirvana.
Well done Postal on a fine drive and win. And a nice pod for Kurt and Roger, grats guys.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:42:34 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 08:34:41 PM +0000 »

Great race despite the lack of turnout (maybe due to the fact that we seem to be nearly
the only group using the SimBin lobby so nobody from the ABB lobby wants to make a
new GTL install for joining us here Huh ).

Took my WatkinsGlen setup which I found in the online database and tried some slight
modifications which worked fine. Had a nearly perfect lap in qualy and could register
my 2nd pole in a row in this series (although I'm in the 26's driving the IMSA Carrera RSR
by the Brickyard Legends Team which - of course - is from 1975 or later).
Lousy start - as usual - the more that I still have problems from time to time with the
paddle shifting after the gearstick of my G25 makes some problems (I think there's
something broken inside and I've no idea how to repair).
The Porka was much faster in the slower parts of the track but there was no chance at
all on the straights against the pure power of the Boss. So I realized very quickly that
it would be very difficult to pass Postal in the leading position. After some laps I made
some bigger mistakes and needed many laps to get closer to him again. Tried a successfull
"do or die" pass in the penultimate lap but Postal regained the lead for good on the straight.
So he earned a well deserved win!
Sorry for some slight bumpers during the race - the first one destroyed Postal's braking lights,
so it was more difficult for me to find my braking points.
Enjoyed it very much - not my usual type of race  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:43:11 PM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 09:23:25 AM +0000 »

Great race despite the lack of turnout (maybe due to the fact that we seem to be nearly
the only group using the SimBin lobby so nobody from the ABB lobby wants to make a
new GTL install for joining us here Huh ).
But all new GTL owners (e.g. Steam download) can connect to Simbin server with no mods needed.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 09:54:29 AM +0000 »

When you passed me finally I really thought you would win it, because of your better lap times. I had sweat in my hands in this last lap you know! Roll Eyes
It would be nice to have some more regular drivers indeed as the next season schedule is simply great. It looks like there were more SROU drivers at the start of this season? Don't know exactly why they deflected halfway, but we might compel some to enter 2014 again?
I like the GTL vibe here too much to just focus only on P&G. But then I don't know any more GTL drivers. Are you doing other GTL leagues too Eifelblitz?

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 12:55:56 PM +0000 »

It would be nice to have some more regular drivers indeed as the next season schedule is simply great. It looks like there were more SROU drivers at the start of this season? Don't know exactly why they deflected halfway, but we might compel some to enter 2014 again?

I know we lost a couple of regulars when we switched to the Simbin lobby, no idea why. Navin had to drop out due to family problems but has threatened to re-appear (he misses us, ahhhhhhhhhhh). Oly just went missing, Jules probably discovered girls or something better on the XBox. Also with P&G's popularity we lose the guys who can only do one race event a week.
We are always up against the big boys who have always had strong GTL grids. So we either struggle on or give up. I'm for the former.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:57:34 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 01:28:31 PM +0000 »

Sure enough Tony, we should soldier on! It is just that I think you have a great season planned, there might be Srou drivers and drivers from other leagues who would want to participate in one or another series on Mondays?
I don't really know other big leagues besides the ABB, but I assume if we make a little propaganda for S14 we will attracted a few extra drivers?
Lack of time will be a factor for most people I realize that. Maybe providing some sort of setup's will help getting people in easier?

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 07:21:16 PM +0000 »

Sure enough Tony, we should soldier on! It is just that I think you have a great season planned, there might be Srou drivers and drivers from other leagues who would want to participate in one or another series on Mondays?

Lack of time will be a factor for most people I realize that. Maybe providing some sort of setup's will help getting people in easier?

Thanks Postal for Boss setup - very easy to drive.  New PBs in practice and qualifying.  About half way through race started to lose front end grip.  In retrospect, I should have copied Tony and pitted for set of new front tyres.

Scrub earlier request - will race the Tina using setup used at Early Brands Race.  Grin rockon
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:45:55 PM +0000 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com