Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:57:50 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S23Pro Monaco: November 27, 2012
November 27, 2012, 10:34:35 PM +0000 - Monaco (1929-71) - UKGPL Season 23 (2012) Professionals Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 1 1:27.691
80.237mph
1 50:38.575
78.730mph
34 1:28.042
79.917mph
Goodyear  
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +1.398
78.978mph
2 +47.429
77.520mph
34 1:29.950
78.222mph
Goodyear  
AnGex

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 4 +2.345
78.147mph
3 +1:05.386
77.071mph
34 1:29.868
78.293mph
Dunlop  
G Jonsson
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 5 +2.658
77.877mph
4 +5L
77.045mph
29 1:29.483
78.630mph
Disco
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 8 +3.369
77.268mph
5 +9L
76.789mph
25 1:30.096
78.095mph
accident
Goodyear  
MagicArsouille

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 2 +1.197
79.157mph
6 +22L
77.898mph
12 1:29.176
78.901mph
Disco
Dunlop  
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 6 +2.699
77.841mph
7 +25L
76.145mph
9 1:30.806
77.485mph
Disco
Dunlop  
Raoni Frizzo
 Team Coyote
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 7 +3.246
77.373mph
8 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
UKGPL 8

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 9 9 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

We had a clean red zone and no reported incidents...

Thanks Göran ;)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 23 (2012) Professionals Trophy (65) - Monaco - Nov 27  (Read 3861 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2012, 07:30:00 PM +0000 »

WELCOME to the UKGPL Season 23 - Pro Trophy  

The 9th race of the season is at Monaco.
Monaco, home of the beautiful and a wonderful anachronism. We don't have to deal with the swimming pool but it is still pretty hard round here. No stopping for a beer at the Rascasse bar either - not on this version of the track. Mind you, I have had a beer there and it isn't the best bar in the world but the view is good. This though is the Papyrus regular - Monaco 1967. Monaco is a tight twisting circuit, with heavy braking into several low speed turns. Will drivers please take additional care & avoid any rash overtaking moves. This track is all about concentration & patience.
This is one of the GPL tracks that gives all kind of exitement to the drivers.

Pro drivers have a free car choice!
You have to keep your chosen car for the rest of the season,
you will only be allowed to swap chassis in exceptional circumstances and only with the approval of the moderator.
Driver lists can be found on the Pro Trophy championship standings page.

Please ensure you are aware of the new in-series penalties for this season. Details are here.
Drivers incurring a penalty will receive a PM informing them of this."

There will be full moderation of lap one Red Zone and reported incidents for the rest of the race.
Please submit incident reports within a week after the race so that the moderators report may be out before the next race.
Full time drivers have priority access to the server until 21.00 UK time.
Please restrict your chat to a minimum!

Race List =   IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP Address = tba
Race date = 27-11-2012
Qualification Time   = ~20:45  UK time -> 30-45 mins
Race Time = race starts at 21:30 UK time
Track = Monaco (Papy)
Variant = 65F1 the 2.02 Release of the 65mod should be used
Damage Model = PRO
Race length = ~50 min -> 34 laps
RED ZONE = from race start to the exit of Portier 90° righthander
Password = see above
Replay = you will get here

GLA

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:38:18 AM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 10:32:29 AM +0000 »

Sorry Göran!

After 10 laps in the Göran / Clive sandwich I messed the braking into the Gazometres hairpin and hit Göran.
Luckily he could move on, but I had lost my right front wheel...

Grats to Hristo, Al and Andreas who survived!

Axel "Cookie"

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 01:10:22 PM +0000 »

Grats to the podium and finishers.

I usually enjoy Monaco, but last nights race became a real pain as my sound once again deteriorated to a warbling static!!

Because I could not hear the engine revs I managed a world record for rpm in the Honda I think as the needle got close to 20k!!! on a couple of occasions lol.

Amazingly the engine survived and I started to close on Goran and Axel. Axel and Goran tried to block the road at Gazometier, but were only 50% succesful. A few laps later Goran slid wide at the top of the hill and I picked up another place.

Then we passed Tbot in a sick Ferrari at Tabac and I thought I might salvage a good result from this race. But it seemed that each time GPL called up a new sound..a skid...a clip on the barriers or another cars engine it simply continued to loop that sound on top of everything else that was already running!! So, the "noise" just got more and more garbled until I could hear nothing except NOISE!!
As a result I could not hear if I was spinning up the rear wheels and slowly I cooked the rear tyres. Eventually I lost the rear end at Tabac and Goran regained his place.  Undecided

Another few laps and decided that I could no longer suffer the noise and yet another spin decided that I quit.

I went away and slapped my PC about in an attempt to sort out the sound. I used that trusted method of a sharp slap to either side followed with a kick, but that did no good at all!!
So, I went all through the BIOS and the hardware profile again to try and crack this problem. It seems to be worse when I am on a server, but that makes no sense at all!! so I will try it all again tonight.  Sad

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:16:33 PM +0000 »

have you checked the sound card hasn't moved in the slot .. all that slapping .

so try taking the card out and putting it back in the slot (with the pc turned off)

if that doesn't work you could try removing the card , rebooting without it , turn of pc and plug it in again . if that doesn't work you could remove , reboot and then put it in a different slot .. if that doesn't work put it back in the first slot and test again.

john
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:04:29 PM +0000 »

Ah John, you have missed the first instalment in this story...

I bought and installed a soundcard simply BECAUSE I was having wierd stuff happening with my sounds.  Things seem better initially when I get into GPL, but the longer I run in GPL the more distorted and hopeless the sound becomes. until it is just noise.

For years I have used the onboard sound without any problems, but over the last few months I have had increasing sessions where the engine note ( in any of the mods) just warbled. This problem is ONLY within GPL, iTunes functions perfectly with the new soundcard, so I am thinking the problem lies with some corrupted sound files withing GPL....but why does it always start off OK?Huh??

last night I checked that I had disabled the on board sound ( in the Bios) that I was using before and have double checked the latest drivers for the new soundcard. Tonight I will run GPL again for a long time to see if things have improved.
The last step is to replace all my sound files, Nicky has been kind enough to give me a copy of his sound files to save me the hassle of finding and downloading all the various files.

I will keep you all posted because I am sure that you are all gripped by this story.....................maybe  Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
garethhall
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 04:11:41 PM +0000 »

ive always had a similar issue where it sounds fine but following a spin or any momentary lack of sound, the engine then sounds like a bee in a jam jar. i think i have narrowed it down to some trick auto regulation sofware that will autodectect the type of sound and automaticly puts the settings to classical, jazz or whatever and it cant deal with the whine of a 1.5 ltr climax, and i cant find the friggin off button  hammer
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:13:44 PM +0000 by Gareth » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 04:14:15 PM +0000 »

Have you deactivated the onboard sound in the bios?

Have you tried these drivers: http://brainbit.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

In the windows sound settings I have acceleration and quality sliders maxed!

Axel "Cookie"

Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 05:33:13 PM +0000 »

Are you running XP Clive? I had loads of sound issues with GPL when I was running XP (cured incidentally by disabling the onboard sound & installing an ancient Audigy soundcard). In XP I always had to have the sound hardware acceleration turned down a couple of notches (of course I'm sure you know that but perhaps double check in case installing the new soundcard & drivers has altered the values?) You might also find that using much older audio drivers rather than the latest ones sorts it out - I had to experiment with several drivers before I got one that worked perfectly. Mind you once I switched to Win 7 all these issues disappeared.

As to my race, I was pleased to be more competitive here though I think that was partially down to this track being better suited to the BT11. Qualified 3rd & after a clean start, was under solid pressure from Andreas the whole race. I had to push hard in the opening stint to open up a small gap to Andreas' Lotus & that also kept me reasonably in touch with the leading duo (for a change!) Ultimately the fact that only 3 of us finished meant I would've got a podium anyway, but having never dropped below 3rd during the race, I still felt I'd worked hard for this one Wink

On a slightly different tack, several of the Inters runners are looking seriously quick these days. To my mind, what was supposed to be the bridge between Novices & Pros has turned into kind of a Pros-without-Hristo-&-Tris. I guess the intensity of a close championship has much to do with it, but with Pros getting 8 starters at the last 2 races, I'm not convinced that having 3 divisions for 65's is ideal.                
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 07:20:47 PM +0000 »

That's a worthy suggestion, Al - even Novices are getting rather good.  Two groups would give Moderators less work to do, or perhaps package it more nicely! Wink

Clive - changing your sound folder should take about 30 seconds.  Rename your current one, and put Nicky's in it's place.  If a mod doesn't run, somethings not named correctly.  GL. Shocked
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 09:18:36 PM +0000 »

On a slightly different tack, several of the Inters runners are looking seriously quick these days. To my mind, what was supposed to be the bridge between Novices & Pros has turned into kind of a Pros-without-Hristo-&-Tris. I guess the intensity of a close championship has much to do with it, but with Pros getting 8 starters at the last 2 races, I'm not convinced that having 3 divisions for 65's is ideal.                

I agree Al.

But at times even the grid for the Inters has been a bit thin. 15 drivers signed up full time for Pros (not including Hristo who is a reserve) and the same number in the Inters. People have obviously found it difficult to turn up regularly this season.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 09:49:54 PM +0000 »

OK thanks for all of the help guys. I seem to have cured my sound probs.

With ASUS Soundcard you must have the GX button checked for GPL  Wink,,,thanks Axel

1.   delete your GPL sound folder and replace with the fitting one out ya GPL backup.
2.   delete all your soundcard drivers via device manager , as well via ccleaner ,reboot and jump into BIOS to unable the onboard sound. Press F10 ( save changes and exit ) and once back in Windows reinstall  Asus soundcard drivers and all Windows is asking for. Restart PC , go through the progs ClearProg and Ccleaner and then start GPL .

If you don’t have a backup of your GPL sound folder on your hdd , you can try mine:......thanks Nicky although I just had to change your "skid" file lol my teeth almost fell out when yours played  Shocked

Are you running XP Clive? I had loads of sound issues with GPL when I was running XP (cured incidentally by disabling the onboard sound & installing an ancient Audigy soundcard). In XP I always had to have the sound hardware acceleration turned down a couple of notches....... also helped thanks Al and yes I am running XP.

Now I just need to get to grips with that shifter.........sigh Undecided

Rank   Only when I sweat
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 01:17:38 PM +0000 »

Moderation published.

Axel "Cookie"