Quarterly cost: �0

April 25, 2024, 03:05:10 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HANDICAPS  (Read 662 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:46:27 PM +0100 »

Gentlemen,

There has been a lot of discussion around the topic of handicaps. I thought it would be useful to set out the Moderator's position and ensure that you are fully in the picture.

Each series has its own regulations which are set out in the series details pages. These are the regulations that you agreed to at the start of the season. They will continue to be applied as is until the end of the season.

The slowest chassis are often a topic for debate but the BT7 is clearly the slowest chassis in the 65's and the BT14 is the whipping boy in the F2 series. The moderators discretion is to allow for the suspension of handicapping when circumstances warrant it. Nobody would want to 'race' in the BT14 at Spa!

Nonetheless we will tighten up the regulation for Season 25 and follow the F2 format in that the championship leaders will expect to be handicapped and will know the chassis they are limited to. The groups for the 65, 66 and F2 series will be announced pre-season, which gives drivers time to make representations. If the gaps between first and second placed drivers; and second to third placed drivers are too large the drivers behind may have their handicap suspended for that race only.

For reference the current rules are:

Graduates Trophies
Established rules relating to tokens for car choice.

F2 Trophy
Group I cars - Braham BT14 & Ferarri
Group II car - Cooper
Group III cars - either Lola or either Lotus
Championship leader will be restricted to Group I or Group II (Group I only if more than 50 points clear of the second place driver). Second & third places in the championship can take cars from Group I, II or III. Chassis allocation is effective when the race is posted, irrespective of whether points are adjusted after moderation.

69 Extra Trophy
The top three drivers may, at the moderator's discretion, be limited to a slower car. If handicapping is in action then handicapped drivers will be notified in the race post.
NB Handicapping has not been applied

Novices Trophy
The top three drivers may, at the moderator's discretion, be limited to a slower car. If handicapping is in action then handicapped drivers will be notified in the race post.
For information the handicap chassis used by the moderator are the BT7, the Cooper and the Honda.

Professionals Trophy
Drivers are limited to the chassis that they choose for their first race
For information the handicap chassis used by the moderator are the BT7, the Cooper and the Honda.

Historic Trophy
The top three drivers in the championship may, at the moderator's discretion, be limited to a slower car. If handicapping is in action then handicapped drivers will be notified in the race post.
For information the handicap chassis groups are shown in the Historic Trophy pages here. The leader would be limited to Group I and the second/third placed drivers limited to Group I or II.

Sports Car Trophy
Drivers must use a different chassis for each race.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com