The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 02:06:21 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dubai 24hrs  (Read 1116 times)
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:52 AM +0000 »

Running at the moment and on Motors TV for the people who are lucky enough to be working from home  Wink

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:22:46 PM +0000 »

Also streaming on the web. Wink

370Zs were 1-2 in qually in SP3 but appear to have slipped behind a little now. Undecided

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:00:14 PM +0000 »

Andy, Did you see that Paul Follett is driving? (Team no 61 in a Z4). Currently down in 56th.
Roadrunner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:59:42 PM +0000 »

Its a wierd race, saw some of last years...some cars limited to a certain lap time while others can go as quick as they want, think its sometihng to do with slowing the pro guys down a bit for the Am`s, not sure though
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:48:13 AM +0000 »

Its a wierd race, saw some of last years...some cars limited to a certain lap time while others can go as quick as they want, think its sometihng to do with slowing the pro guys down a bit for the Am`s, not sure though

Yeah, that was more than a little odd. Did they work out whether that's what caused that big shunt last night - cars checking up before the line to avoid going too fast? Shocked

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 11:11:02 AM +0000 »

They've got aliens too then.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Roadrunner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 02:39:53 PM +0000 »

Yeah, that was more than a little odd. Did they work out whether that's what caused that big shunt last night - cars checking up before the line to avoid going too fast? Shocked

No, dont think it was...heard mentions of it may have been 2-3 seperate incidents as a result of each other, wasnt really payin much attention at the time though
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 09:31:42 AM +0000 »

Andy, Did you see that Paul Follett is driving? (Team no 61 in a Z4). Currently down in 56th.

No?! Great stuff. How did he do? I was supporting Phil Quaife who was 4th but a wheel came off and they finished 10th Sad

Yeah I don't like the lap time thing. Code 60 i think they were calling it? I suppose they realise that the people that fund the racing are the wealthy amateurs and it gives them a chance!

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 10:22:06 AM +0000 »

Yeah I don't like the lap time thing. Code 60 i think they were calling it? I suppose they realise that the people that fund the racing are the wealthy amateurs and it gives them a chance!

No, Code 60 is the brilliant and obvious replacement for the stupid safety cars that ruin races everywhere else. Instead of throwing a safety car out, when they go full course yellow everyone has to go round at 60km/h, so all the gaps are maintained, and nobody gets stuff in the pits behind a red light whilst the snake passes by. I don't know why more series don't use the same idea, instead of crazy stuff like multiple safety cars and wave bys.

But in the some of the class there was also a "minimum reference time" and if you went under it you got a penalty. You had 10 'joker laps' where you were allowed to but you had to declare them as you started them. Ridiculous to try and have people lap at speeds 2-3 seconds under what they could actually do, and may well have caused a big concertina collision during the night when people heading towards the line realised they were going to get there too soon and checked up. Roll Eyes Shocked

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com