by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 04:15:41 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neutral setting on manual shift?  (Read 1045 times)
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:14:55 PM +0000 »

Hello,

I'm using a G25 manual H-pattern gear shifter (??). In GTL when I change gears I see the gear changed to Neutral position in between gears when shifting. For example when I shift from 2nd to 3rd gear, the display shows 2 - N - 3.
In PnG I haven't found a way to simulate this. When I try to move the stick to Neutral, this does not work in the Options setting. The lever setting is not recognized.
Assuming that the control settings in GTL GTR2/PnG have the same basis, it should be possible to mimic GTL behaviour?

Any help much appreciated.

ps. If someone can tell how to get my little gear indicator in the left bottom corner back, I would also be grateful.

Thanks.

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 09:15:14 PM +0000 »

After some comparing .plr files with GTL found it!

Under the [Controls] section this line should be modified (switched to 1):

Gear Select Button Hold="1" // Enable this option if using a gear select device that holds down a joystick button while in a gear and releases all buttons in neutral (such as the Act-Labs USB Shifter)

Highly recommended for drivers which use H-pattern shifters in combination with a manual clutch.

Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 12:58:42 PM +0100 »

There is an option in game that you can select that says "Hold button for Gear." That alone has fixed a gear selection issue that I was having!
Also, The display for the gear in the left corner is usually the number 1 button (I think). It toggles the different HUD options. You can map it to a different button in the controller menu if you prefer.
-Thanks, Walter

Sunday Driver
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com